April 26, 2024, 09:43:03 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 19/09/2015  (Read 41013 times)

Bison

Re: Changelog 19/09/2015
« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2015, 03:26:50 pm »
And one thing added today:

- Faction rank is now shown for all ranks.

This is a great update, thanks for taking on board my idea.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2015, 06:23:28 pm »
Annnnd I'm back...

gauvaran

• Random noob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2015, 07:51:37 am »
Thank St. Kilgore  :-*

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2015, 09:07:19 am »
kilgore for the president

rightandleft

• Never mind the bollocks here is RightandLeft
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2015, 09:22:57 am »
Kilgore,

This is great update, Thanks its nice to see you can buy militia again its like old school :)

BeheGrzmotPL

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2015, 03:28:45 pm »
The problem with implants is because getting them is the result of chance (probability). By which one can have bad luck and 99/100 times not to hit, while others may have the same number of times as likely to win. In addition fractions can collect implants at the store and then distribute to their members - this created another imbalance because the stronger factions will gain them more often than weaker. And they will have more of them, the stronger they will - a vicious circle. In addition, the acquisition of the TC makes a strong fractions of non-stop control of the city and are becoming more implants and other unique equipment.

I don't know how difficult it would be to implement, but I have the following idea would solve.

Implants would be issued or sold by the NPC, but apart from the cost of money would be a requirement, for example, kill a specific number of players during the TC or a specified number of security guard during the WH. This would require on the occasion of major rip in the team that every player could have killed roughly the same required opponents. This allows each player, regardless of possession and number of factions would have an equal chance of getting implants. Having met the conditions NPC can pick or buy one implant and the counter resets and you again meet the condition. Just in case you could also add a limit on the maximum amount of acquired in this way implants, or from time to time increase the requirements.

It all finally again can cause a situation in which it is hard to kill players during the TC, but you can catch up with WH. Alternatively, it might designate at least one city, which is not a strong incentive to worry about or that such factions. Above a character's level was not possible to participate in the TC in this city. So there might be done fighting the weaker faction (or with weaker equipment).

The text was translated by Google Translate, below is the original in Polish:
Spoiler: show
Problem z implantami jest dlatego, że zdobycie ich jest wynikiem przypadku (prawdopodobieństwa). Przez co jedni mogą mieć pecha i 99/100 razy nie trafić, zaś inni mogą tyle samo razy częściej zdobywać. W dodatku frakcje mogą zbierać implanty na zapas i później rozdawać swoim członkom - z tego powstaje kolejna dysproporcja, bo silniejsze frakcje będą zdobywać je częściej niż słabsze. A im będą ich mieć więcej, tym silniejsze będą - błędne koło. Dodatkowo zdobywanie ich w TC sprawia, że mocne frakcje non-stop kontrolują miasta i zdobywają coraz więcej implantów i innego unikalnego sprzętu.

Nie wiem, jak trudne byłoby to do zaimplementowania, ale mam następujący pomysł by to rozwiązać.

Implanty byłby wydawane lub sprzedawane przez NPC, ale oprócz kosztu pieniężnego byłby wymóg na przykład: zabicia określonej ilości graczy podczas TC lub określonej ilości strażników podczas WH. Wymagałoby to przy okazji większego zgrania w drużynie, by każdy gracz mógł zabić mniej więcej tyle samo wymaganych przeciwników. Dzięki temu każdy gracz bez względu na posiadanie i liczebność frakcji miałby równe szanse na zdobycie implantów. Po spełnieniu warunków można u NPC odebrać bądź wykupić jeden implant, a licznik zeruje się i trzeba od nowa spełnić warunek. Na wszelki wypadek można by również dodać limit maksymalnej ilości zdobytych w ten sposób implantów, bądź co jakiś czas zwiększać wymagania.

To wszystko ostatecznie znów może spowodować sytuację, w której ciężko jest zabić graczy podczas TC, ale można to nadrobić przy pomocy WH. Ewentualnie można by wyznaczyć przynajmniej jedno miasto, którego nie opłacałoby się przejmować mocnym frakcjom lub żeby np. powyżej jakiegoś poziomu postaci nie było możliwe uczestniczenie w TC w tym mieście. Dzięki czemu tam mogłyby się odbywać walki słabszych frakcji (lub ze słabszym wyposażeniem).

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2015, 11:43:19 pm »
Letting an NPC sell Implants for 20 Million or 10 Million Caps would be reasonable. You could buy an Implant each week if you had a good industrial base. It'd also give a way for people with bad implant luck to get them from NPC's without flooding the game since most players wouldn't be able to afford the implants easily.
In Maintenance Mode.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2015, 11:59:23 pm »
Letting an NPC sell Implants for 20 Million or 10 Million Caps would be reasonable. You could buy an Implant each week if you had a good industrial base. It'd also give a way for people with bad implant luck to get them from NPC's without flooding the game since most players wouldn't be able to afford the implants easily.
except for people who have been farming caps from tc lockers for whole session suddenly getting ton of implants. bad bad idea.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 22, 2015, 02:37:56 am »
except for people who have been farming caps from tc lockers for whole session suddenly getting ton of implants. bad bad idea.
And putting them in Reno Lockers, and farming other Dungeons is better when they get an implant each day? 2% for a repeatable locker is high.

Farming TC for a day doesn't get you 20 Million Caps a day does it haha?
In Maintenance Mode.

BeheGrzmotPL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 22, 2015, 09:17:34 am »
No amount of money will not even chance. Because weak players are always poorer than the better ones. In addition, the money can be earned in large quantities even if the encounters, so organized faction earns the money quickly. A lone players ... probably never :P

Although if so FOnline think it is rather a team sport, so if you play by yourself is not profitable, it will be those players less - will connect to the factions.

favorite

• Muhosransk
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 22, 2015, 11:36:01 am »
Spoiler: show
New Reno underground locker spawns:
- one of armors (regular Desert CA/Helmet, Brotherhood CA/Helmet, NCR CA/Helmet, Enclave CA/Helmet, buffed Tesla Armor/Helmet, Combat Armor/Helmet Combat Armor/Helmet Mk II, Metal Armor/Helmet Mk II),
- if no armor is spawned, then it spawns one buffed weapon (Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Gatling Laser, Super Sledge, Sniper Rifle, .223 Pistol, P90c, Pancor Jackhammer, LSW, M60, Avenger Minigun, Improved Flamethrower, Laser Rifle Ext. Cap., Wakizashi Blade, Grenade Launcher),
- 10% chance for some 2mm EC, 4.7mm Caseless, Shotgun Dragon's Breath Shells or Hypos,
- note: buffed means Advanced or Unique.

New Reno Commercial & Warehouse lockers spawn:
- same as above;
- in addition, there is 2% chance to spawn an implant or one of following items: Hardened Power Armor/Helmet, Power Armor/Helmet, Bridgekeeper's Robe, Turbo Plasma Rifle, Alien Blaster, Bozar, G11E, Gauss Pistol/Rifle, Vindicator Minigun

- Changed expected spawn rate in Warehouse/New Reno lockers from 30 minutes to 20 minutes
- Added few slags guarding locker at New Reno Commercial. Watch your step there - they are powerful enemies and will kill you on sight.

People do a little special encounters?

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 22, 2015, 05:19:44 pm »
No amount of money will not even chance. Because weak players are always poorer than the better ones. In addition, the money can be earned in large quantities even if the encounters, so organized faction earns the money quickly. A lone players ... probably never :P

Although if so FOnline think it is rather a team sport, so if you play by yourself is not profitable, it will be those players less - will connect to the factions.
Lone players always would lose out, and making implants more common still wouldn't change that. But faction leaders will be enjoying the benefits. The idea is that people with 1M caps can already buy most implants and stuff. So if we make the in game cost 20x more people with 20x the amount needed to buy the items can now do so if the supply runs out. It'll also increase player activity because they're guaranteed the ability to get them.
In Maintenance Mode.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2015, 07:18:12 pm »
Making Tier 4 available in Whorehouse & New Reno makes swarms intensify once again and making already fat-rich factions even richer. I can say same for my own guys farming stuff when nobody is online is main source of money income nowdays since the update. That's economy gamebreaker.

Help Bot

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2015, 08:26:11 pm »
Making Tier 4 available in Whorehouse & New Reno makes swarms intensify once again and making already fat-rich factions even richer. I can say same for my own guys farming stuff when nobody is online is main source of money income nowdays since the update. That's economy gamebreaker.
Personally I think the chance should be greatly reduced to like 0.005%, with the main purpose of the places to attract people. 2% is really dam high for something repeatable each 20 minutes.
In Maintenance Mode.

mkhammer

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2015, 11:18:27 am »
But wait, wasn't that what pvp guys wanted?