April 29, 2024, 04:56:25 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: I guess I lose :\  (Read 5328 times)

Blarney

• View Profile
I guess I lose :\
« on: September 16, 2015, 11:40:23 pm »
Robbed of my highest value pixels, GG.

By someone who I had been a faction member with for most of this season, who I've helped out countless times personally, traded with, been back and forth from tents and even faction bases.

Robbed by him, while in the middle of a trade with him. And now he won't even respond to PM.

I don't really know what else to say about it, he really went to the effort of a "long con" on me, but it's strange when the community is so small that someone is willing to go to such extents to screw over another player, when surely no one would ever trust him again after hearing it.

Beware of ribbit989, aka; brabbit, ribbit, master of life, the avenger and a few other names that I can't remember right now, if anyone can add other identifying info about him, thanks. Nobody needs that shit.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 06:20:40 am by Blarney »

Beer

• View Profile
Re: I guess I lose :\
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2015, 12:03:59 am »
yep that sucks man, dont trust anybody. I never put myself in a situation with even the slightest possibility of losing my stocks of good shit. Never take anyone to my tent where good stuff is, never give anyone a ride in my pvp car. If somebody needs a ride use a shitty car, if you need to go to a tent go to an empty one.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 12:18:47 am »
I am usually overly cautious, he has even been to those tents in the past because we had played together so often, chatted etc. I considered him a friend, I guess the call of rare gear just means more to some people.

But is really that my solution? Never to trust anybody at all for almost anything at all? Just become a lone wolf player for the sake of not being robbed? And rob everyone else if they show even the slightest hint of weakness?

Seems hard to believe factions even function if that's how I am supposed to approach every part of the game.

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:28:43 am »
TBH that sucks, a team should work together, even Khans don't fuck each other over.

Kaaon

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 12:30:02 am »
But is really that my solution? Never to trust anybody at all for almost anything at all? Just become a lone wolf player for the sake of not being robbed?
nope, you can play together with other people without giving them any chance to rob you

dont trust anybody
^ this

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:10 am »
Ive played with factions for probably 90% of my time on fonline and never ever been baseraped. All of these factions were pretty big and everyone played together all the time without ever putting themself in a position to be robbed. Like I said, only use empty tents of yours when with "friends" and always have spare car with nothing in it if someone needs a ride. and if ever possible go to their tents or use their car instead if you must ride together. You dont need to rob them first(thats just optional), you just need to prevent it from happening to yourself.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2015, 12:48:24 am »
Yeah, my bad for developing a friendship and having the audacity to think it was worth more than gear lol.

Silly me, won't happen again.

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2015, 12:59:36 am »
Hey, it happens to the best of us. Look at the bright side, at least now its like an early wipe for you and you can have the fun of starting over again eh?

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2015, 01:19:51 am »
I never give anyone a chance to actually hit me where it hurts. Unless it doesn't matter anymore xD!
a Long Con doesn't make any sense its more likely that he got hacked if you ask me. Because reloaded gets wiped alot, once you make an enemy you'll lose out long game.
In Maintenance Mode.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2015, 10:08:42 am »
Because reloaded gets wiped alot, once you make an enemy you'll lose out long game.

Exactly, he has a very distinctive voice and almost all of the US crew know him, it's a pretty terrible move for him unless he intends to just hamster by himself, or show off to new people who don't know him maybe?

I can name him out if thats not against the rules etc, as a warning to others.

It was one of the most dog moves I have ever seen in a game TBH, losing the SE rares was a hit there is no denying, but sticking the knife in an ally's back like that after so long... That's cold homie.  ;D

I say again, who in their right mind would trust him, for even the most simple tasks, after a story like that lol.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 10:10:57 am by Blarney »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2015, 11:35:03 am »
I trusted year ago one Pole, I helped him, give him first stuff, crafted for him few things etc. That moron rob me from one of two implants I had, funny thing is that he took charisma implant and left (by accident) AG one. :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2015, 04:30:19 pm »
That's how it is afaik. You can't 100% trust anyone ever. That said, he didnt properly analyze the situation and fucked himself over more than you.

- People will have issues trusting him after this (assuming you share his name)
- The wipe is fairly close, so he doesn't gain much.

Be happy it happened now and no real money was involved. Take your losses and move on.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2015, 05:58:01 pm »
Yup, wipe is coming soon. So dont bother with that idiot anymore. I can share with you my gear if you want, just PM me. Old players should stick together (except TC and PvP fights :D)
GUN FOR HIRE

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2015, 06:18:16 am »
<.<

>.>

That's enough of that guys :P

In case anyone was wondering, the guy who screwed me over after months of friendship was; **drumroll**

ribbit989, aka; brabbit, ribbit, master of life, the avenger and a few other names that I can't remember right now.

That might not be his only forum account either, anyone else who knows him or can help add identifying information please do, I'd hate to see or hear of him doing the same to others.

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2015, 08:32:35 am »
TKs is ancient, our bonds of brotherhood are permanent. But this thread isn't about us. What can I say, who cares stuff?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 08:34:26 am by Dr. Mengelito »

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016