March 28, 2024, 04:26:42 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Shotgun single shot wonderfull  (Read 5385 times)

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
Shotgun single shot wonderfull
« on: August 13, 2015, 07:36:00 pm »
Give shotgun singleshots crit roll bonus based on the range for example :                  1hex-10roll
                                                                                                                      2hex-8roll
                                                                                                                      3hex-6roll etc you get the point.

In case you wondering why the hell lemme explain:           No one will ever use shotgun single shot except some scorpion hunters
                                                                                  223 14mm or any other pistol easily outpreform any shotgun except bursts
                                                                                  obviously.

To yall realism seekers lemme explain: shotgun point blank in real life way more critical effects thus crit roll.

So yeah thats it! More love for shotguns!

Blarney

• View Profile
Re: Shotgun single shot wonderfull
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 09:05:27 pm »
I'm a noob who has never fired a shotgun single fire mode, can you aim it (at eyes, groin etc)?

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2015, 12:59:02 pm »
I'm a noob who has never fired a shotgun single fire mode, can you aim it (at eyes, groin etc)?
Works the same as any other aimshot.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2015, 01:18:48 pm »
+1 Well, sounds wierd at start, but I have to say I like the idee. Aim weapons are always best used at max range for obvious reasons, but having some point blank aimers could be fun, actually you would burst from far away (let's say with pancor) and aim for head closer.
I remember I oneshot someone in reno with a pancor once, around 190 hp in the eyes lol. I like switching between burst and single shot as I used to do it with lsw, this could make shotgun more interesting than a basic rush and burst weapon.
The crit bonus should be 0 at something like half of pistol range, maybe 12 to 15 hex. Below that, each hex shorter should add 1 to crit chance and crit power. If it's crit chance only, then bursting will still be better.
Also, I don't know if the engine allows it, but flechette ammo could have some crit bonus, since it's so weak and useless. It could still have it's crap damage, but +5 crit chance +5 crit power (for trollish crippling/KO purpose  ;D )

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2015, 03:24:32 pm »
Could be interesting, it would be cool to have a short range crowd control weapon, but if you are sacrificing range for the same effects you get at long range, it could at least be more reliable.

Increasing crit chance over crit roll would make it more reliable in that sense, or attaching an effect like knockback, on top of its crit potential, so even if you failed to crit, you will still have a crowd control effect trigger (unless they have stonewall too I guess).

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2015, 03:04:27 pm »
Could be interesting, it would be cool to have a short range crowd control weapon, but if you are sacrificing range for the same effects you get at long range, it could at least be more reliable.

Increasing crit chance over crit roll would make it more reliable in that sense, or attaching an effect like knockback, on top of its crit potential, so even if you failed to crit, you will still have a crowd control effect trigger (unless they have stonewall too I guess).

This would be OP with fastshot.
And increasing crit chance only doesn't make it reliable. Increasing crit chance will make you crit more, okay, but the crit damage is still lower than average burst damage, especially if you have some crit on burst. Playing like that would mean dodging onehex and waiting for an effect to change the advantage, such as a weapon drop or a KD. Blinding won't save you either because of the short range. So this is more about effect than raw damage.
OR
Single shot damage could be increased, I say single shot only not burst ofc. A little bit like bozar but upside down. This could even make single fast shot usable in rt pvp, who knows.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2015, 03:12:06 pm »
+1 Well, sounds wierd at start, but I have to say I like the idee. Aim weapons are always best used at max range for obvious reasons, but having some point blank aimers could be fun, actually you would burst from far away (let's say with pancor) and aim for head closer.
I remember I oneshot someone in reno with a pancor once, around 190 hp in the eyes lol. I like switching between burst and single shot as I used to do it with lsw, this could make shotgun more interesting than a basic rush and burst weapon.
The crit bonus should be 0 at something like half of pistol range, maybe 12 to 15 hex. Below that, each hex shorter should add 1 to crit chance and crit power. If it's crit chance only, then bursting will still be better.
Also, I don't know if the engine allows it, but flechette ammo could have some crit bonus, since it's so weak and useless. It could still have it's crap damage, but +5 crit chance +5 crit power (for trollish crippling/KO purpose  ;D )

Troll, say something more about increasing a little dmg of low tier-mid tier weapons for no peashooters in-game purposes, and something about makin all ammo having high tier weapons to shot and I will go to your damn country, I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna buy you a six-pack of good beer....

+1 for Adams and Troll ideas, great thing guys ;0
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 03:13:40 pm by Mad Matt »
GUN FOR HIRE

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2015, 03:28:59 pm »
Troll, say something more about increasing a little dmg of low tier-mid tier weapons for no peashooters in-game purposes, and something about makin all ammo having high tier weapons to shot and I will go to your damn country, I'm gonna find you, and I'm gonna buy you a six-pack of good beer....

Well, I guess this is an offer I cannot refuse. Okay:
-Make dr mod of 7.62 ammo -30 instead of -10
-Make grease gun shoot double the ammo on burst
-Make P90c shoot 9mm ammo aswell because why not

I'll send you my address by PM, I want a krat of La chouffe, bottles of 75cL.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2015, 03:31:32 pm »
Hahaha, my point was only about bring 5-10 more dmg to low tier guns but okay hahaha, you made my day pal :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2015, 08:51:30 am »
bumping this as it is supreme,discuss,point out flaws,state your opinion!

Yuno-Gasai

• Supporter
  • Hi, hehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2015, 02:32:36 pm »
Oh yea you know, just let me make a 10 LK, 2x critical TB spammer with slugs. I won't score a critical at all! Oh and this single shot buff won't make it OP at all!

Also don't think I've seen you use aimed shots with pancor at reno. They do decent damage especially when everyone was paranoid of Turbo Plasmas and Laser Rifles doing insane damage to eyes if you're not wearing one.
Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

Adams

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2015, 02:47:47 pm »
Oh yea you know, just let me make a 10 LK, 2x critical TB spammer with slugs. I won't score a critical at all! Oh and this single shot buff won't make it OP at all!

Also don't think I've seen you use aimed shots with pancor at reno. They do decent damage especially when everyone was paranoid of Turbo Plasmas and Laser Rifles doing insane damage to eyes if you're not wearing one.
25% cc - the armor modifier you end up with what? 15 critical shots outta 100? lets assume you get the full 10 bonus from staying one hex to the enemy what difference would the roll make with unaimed shots? you shoot your 5-6 times outta 5-6 shots you get what 1,2 critical hits? sounds so op now imagine the enemy takes out his gatling/xl/avanger and for 12 ap releases like what? 400dmg? assuming you took 2 crit perks so no ar maybe even more. now even if you scored the biggest roll youll get what? 50-100dmg more? even if,hardly compares to a onehex burst.
Think it through once again please.

Help Bot

• Forum Troll; Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2015, 10:51:05 pm »
The shotguns need to be as good as a Avenger Minigun IMO when Hexing. But...I'd probably prefer the Minigun in most any other situation.
In Maintenance Mode.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2015, 11:13:39 am »
Yeah, shotguns need much more love  :D
GUN FOR HIRE

Arcanix

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2015, 03:49:34 pm »

25% cc - the armor modifier you end up with what? 15 critical shots outta 100? lets assume you get the full 10 bonus from staying one hex to the enemy what difference would the roll make with unaimed shots? you shoot your 5-6 times outta 5-6 shots you get what 1,2 critical hits? sounds so op now imagine the enemy takes out his gatling/xl/avanger and for 12 ap releases like what? 400dmg? assuming you took 2 crit perks so no ar maybe even more. now even if you scored the biggest roll youll get what? 50-100dmg more? even if,hardly compares to a onehex burst.
Think it through once again please.

Yeah well...technically...in F1, F2 and FOT the crit chance on paper is not the same as ingame actual crit chance in general. Unfortunatly. Furthermore the shotgun weapon (The Silverhawk, Combat Shotgun and Pancor Jackhammer) has a hidden crit chance and crit condition applier added to the weapon itself. This can be tweaked to some extent with attributes, drugs and skill level. Yeah the 5% crit chance bonus the crit perk add follow this aswell.

Say you have 20% crit chance and have a Combat Shotgun. The actual crit chance is more like 30% and the knockdown chance is more like 50% than 0-50%. with 5-6 PE and SG 150-175. Range is a factor here, yes, the closer you are the higher crit chance and chance to apply conditions.

Higher PE with a shotgun, say 7-10 doesnt add to crit chance it actually reduces the chance to apply conditions as knockdown. Same with skill level 200-300 is more or less useless. This applies to the F1, F2 and FOT games. Maybe the devs of this game thought of this and changed it.

The knockdown timers is what should be looked at. Minigun timers should not be the same as shotgun. Pointblank range atleast.

introduce the concept of a bleeding effect timer. The shotgun as a weapon system and its ammo would excel there. Miniguns...pfft...gtfo.