April 19, 2024, 02:28:29 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: GUI Theme Maker  (Read 11140 times)

Wizard

• View Profile
Re: GUI Theme Maker
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2015, 04:50:37 pm »
This is what we can do. Assuming the default interface touches every single INI parameter, then extract type + value count for each parameter. Store this in database. Use it as a lookup table. Hardcoding these is not desired.

It is detectable by value, which type one parameter has. A parameter has either string type or integer. If the type is an integer, then it's a coordinate or an offset from a mentioned coordinate.

The first capitalized word of a parameter's name, refers to its interface category, eg, Pip for PipBoy, Log for Login, etc.

(.+Pic|.+PicDn) --> .FRM or .PNG or .FOFRM

(.+OffsX)|(.+OffsY) --> Width/Height offset

(.+X)|(.+Y) --> X / Y coordinate

(.+StepX)|(.+StepY) --> X / Y offset, as in drawing frame(s) by an offset of X,Y each count

.+Max --> total count (IntApMax is the only occurance yet)

.+Text -> rectangle area in which text is displayed

More suffixes will likely turn up.
Those parameters without suffixes specify modifiable rectangles.

My plan is to extract the default interface, generate a lookup table to gain an overview of every single INI parameter and their usages (whether they're string types, etc).

When that is done, I have the first production ready version as FRM, FOFRM and PNG support is implemented. Then it's the application specifics remaining.

FOnline.exe looks up DataFiles.cfg + reads ZIP files, then merges that with subfolders in data\ (art,fonts,etc). Is this correct? When does it read fallout.dat? And does fallout.dat contain any interface elements? Please respond quickly. Thanks

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2015, 05:42:48 pm »
And does fallout.dat contain any interface elements? Please respond quickly. Thanks

Yes it does contain interface FRMs like buttons and stuff like that, you can view it with DatExplorer.
#rawhide on ForestNet

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:58 pm »
TNX. I have it now.

There are two more questions.

• What are these .LST files that reside in faction.zip?
  • What does data\Encounters.dat contain? It does not open in datexplorer

The answers are not essential as I do not think they relate to the interface, atleast not the latter. I am curious about them.

Anyway. Thanks for your replies. I will generate database, attempt to load up the default interface, implement application's interface. Though it would be nice with a reference explaining .FOFNT files and their corresponding .PNGs.

drot

• I like NCR
    • View Profile
    • Rawhide
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 09:39:28 pm »
Ugh .fofnt, I don't remember if I've ever encountered a more hideous format. Don't know about the .LST files but encounters.dat is used by the Scout perk (it's basically a text file holding an encounter list, that's why you couldn't open it with datexplorer).
#rawhide on ForestNet

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2015, 11:16:05 pm »
.lst may be list of an objects such as items graphics, scenery etc. Send me what the file contains on PM and I'll tell u. I can't do it myself atm. Just open it with notepad and ctrl A.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 11:17:38 pm by Koniko »

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2015, 04:26:51 am »
You find them in data\faction.zip

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2015, 04:12:58 pm »
Ah sorry. I was wrong .lsg contained in client folder are params IDs & Reputation/Perks/Misc graphics.

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »
Ah sorry. I was wrong .lsg contained in client folder are params IDs & Reputation/Perks/Misc graphics.

Do you know how they work?

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 05:22:06 pm »
.lst files have nothing to do with gui
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 08:01:13 pm »
.lst files have nothing to do with gui

What is that what they have to do with? As PictureNames.lst seems to be associating numbers with images. INTRFACE.LST lists FRMs, how are they not related to the interface? Are they not used?

Are they obsolete? What is their use?

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2015, 01:57:24 am »
Some has been required years ago [when SDK was still using Fallout format closely], at least few was never deleted from 2238 .zips when they become obsolete [and that's how Reloaded got them], some are used by client and/or mapper... either way, it's devs not interface makers problem :P
Games are meant to be created, not played...

BeheGrzmotPL

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2015, 02:19:43 pm »
Are there any progress in your project?

Wizard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 11:31:15 pm »
Are there any progress in your project?

Hey. I've still got the source code, but I've put the project on hold. Am working on something else currently. When done with that, I might continue.