March 28, 2024, 02:53:16 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Dialogue]Lorraine in New Adytum(low)  (Read 1102 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
[Dialogue]Lorraine in New Adytum(low)
« on: June 29, 2015, 05:57:52 pm »
For a very new player, talking with Lorraine is a good idea. The dialogue with her was designed to give some starting tips. What a great thing! I was over-looking this for a long time. I would like to add this to my startup guide, but first...

1. She refers to a gathering timer. That was old times (good riddance). This dialogue needs to be updated to exclude references to the old gathering timer.

2. The job she sends you out to do is gather 2 wood and 6 junk and you're supposed to craft 2 pistols (10mm pistols) from that. Well clearly this is no longer the formula, so this needs some updating. One easy way is to change the pistols from 10mm to 9mm and add a little mining to the job.

3. When you're done with the pistols job, ask her about NCR and at one point she says, "They've anexed just about every city from here to San Fransisco and don't plan to stop their."

That "their" should be "there". There might be other spelling errors in her dialogue (there's a lot of it) but i was in TS convo at the time i was doing this. Anyway, Lorraine is a helpful NPC that will make a worthy addition to any startup guide - just needs some slight work.

swinglinered

• View Profile
Re: [Dialogue]Lorraine in New Adytum(low)
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 04:27:45 am »
One easy way is to change the pistols from 10mm to 9mm and add a little mining to the job.

It is a Scavenger quest. Supposed to work without mining, I suppose.