Username:

Password:

Topic: Super sledge  (Read 7059 times)

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
Re: Super sledge
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »
Its better in this situation to look at melee at a whole. Melee as it is just doesn't work too well. Adding evasion would solve this problem and allow melee to become a viable class again and give more use to other tiers of armor.

Evasion would both speed up the user and give him a chance to dodge. in TLA this is 25% at a 300% value (starting from 100%). However equiping and heavy armor and especially equipping heavy (non melee) weaponry will give drastic penalties to evasion. This way we will never see anyone zooming around with a gatling and CA mk2.

It would perhaps be possible however to see people make use of evasion with a single handed weapon and leather armor. Sneak should disable any evasion effects while active.

Adding evasion wouldnt solve anything. 25% chance to dodge attack in lower tier armors would make you die from pretty much everything in 75% of cases. Running speed would only bring evasion scouts and ninja looter trolls while you evading and running fast still wont be able to kill anyone because every meele weapon is super weak (except heavy handed energo fist).

2.We don't disscuss off topic, making something usefull can be done in more than one way. Just saying. Yes you did,topic says "super sledge" not "evasion".

3.Electric damage, I tought it's obvious what can be electrical or explosive... None mentioned electrical,cant be electrical becuase of tesla helmets.

4. My point make same sense as yours, no need to be harsh. Im just trying to help in this brain storm of raw ideas. Thats why we had such a thing as disscusion...to disscuss and make some things out. Again this is topic about "super sledge" where we disscuss super sledge not brainstorm raw ideas. Try to stick to the topic please if you feel like you have any good ideas not connected to super sledge you can make your own topic for further disscussion.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 03:06:48 pm by Adams »

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 09:42:08 am »
I know I can make, but Im sticked to your topic as hell. Super sledge isnt bad, its not problem with this damn weapon. It's problem with hth class. Buffing super sledge doesn't help. Making it 4 hex explosion weapon doesnt make it usefull. It will be OP in one on one pvp fight but useless as fuck in team fights. You gonna get your ass rusted to death before you reach your damn 4hexes.
GUN FOR HIRE

Ion Cannon

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 01:58:50 pm »
Melee sucks bcuz they cannot kite, only viable build is mega power fist with the heavy handed trait, crit build still needs to drop his tankiness for crits, and still those crits are very random, as normal damage it makes almost impossible to kill adr rush 1/4 hp dude.
Making the dmg 1/2 normal 1/2 explosive would do the trick.
Oh and ofc giving some more speed to melee would help also (remember that in CS you run faster with knife!!!)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 02:02:39 pm by Ion Cannon »

Ombra

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2015, 03:46:39 pm »
As said above by many people, weapon itself isn't the problem.

A burster enter in a PvP/PvE fight and shoot the hell out (also hitting multiple enemies).
A sniper shoot from distance, avoid fight, and take advantage of range and crits (also instadeath).
A melee should:
1) if not adjacent, he have to spot the enemy first, since 90% of times they have 1 PER and horrible FoV, using those points for pump up END, LCK, AGI
2) even if he spot him, he have to reach him. But at this point he usually shoot you x3 and you are already dead.
3) even if you manage to reach him with some kind of miracle, you are not able to 1-shot him almost for sure. Therefore you came in the hex next to a burster for hit him... guess what happens in his turn?

Melee as they are now (as they always were in FOnline?) are not comparable and not competitive as they are in the other Fallout games. Many boost and improvement have been made, but it's still not enough.
We need more durability and/or speed and/or sight.

FrankenStone

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2015, 04:16:29 pm »
As said above by many people, weapon itself isn't the problem.

A burster enter in a PvP/PvE fight and shoot the hell out (also hitting multiple enemies).
A sniper shoot from distance, avoid fight, and take advantage of range and crits (also instadeath).
A melee should:
1) if not adjacent, he have to spot the enemy first, since 90% of times they have 1 PER and horrible FoV, using those points for pump up END, LCK, AGI
2) even if he spot him, he have to reach him. But at this point he usually shoot you x3 and you are already dead.
3) even if you manage to reach him with some kind of miracle, you are not able to 1-shot him almost for sure. Therefore you came in the hex next to a burster for hit him... guess what happens in his turn?

Melee as they are now (as they always were in FOnline?) are not comparable and not competitive as they are in the other Fallout games. Many boost and improvement have been made, but it's still not enough.
We need more durability and/or speed and/or sight.

no no no , why u compare a gun with a knife ? plus ur opinions all based on 1 vs 1 from what i see . vvish made a good post here 2 pages backward ...

a right melee build isnt useless at all in a pvp fight , u can go from behind or from flank but its correct that its close range weapon and that u are screwed on the open but well thats life with a knife , and from what i see outside of hinkley there arent many indoor fights , except some team decide to camp a room .

i agree that melee weapons cud use some buff , maybe adding more and even more crits automatically on super cattle prod and give super sledge some knockout , knockback function ... but that just some ideas , i mean u can use it even now and have fun ... this thread is just typical buff x y gun or spear plox becoz i cant get slaughter fest with it .

just dont take a knife to a gunfight . its simple in reloaded ...