April 16, 2024, 08:26:59 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Super sledge  (Read 7054 times)

VVish

• View Profile
Re: Super sledge
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 02:16:14 pm »
Weapon perk "Penetration", small energy cells as charges.
Possibly animation time between blows also decreased tiny bit.

Swing.
High KD chance, relatively low damage (30-40 to tank), increased critroll on aimed blows.

Thurst.
high damage blow, higher ap cost, chance for cripple, overall critroll decreased, so for critbuild there will be no oneshots.
Pure Black Blue interface.
Member of Bang Bang Smash.
Mercenary.

Ombra

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »
Since FOnline 2238 i always fought and made a lot of suggestion to help HtH fighters (it's also the only classes I play).
Many things changed and now with the HtH perks and melee weapon buff things got slighty better, but I must sadly admit that HtH is still not viable for PvP, and that's really bad.

I don't think this is strictly related to weapons damage itself and I don't like the idea to increase range. Personally, I think the problems are others:

1. HtH S.P.E.C.I.A.L. : HtH fighters usually tends to sacrifice PER/CHA/INT in favor of STR/END/AGI and, depends on builds, LCK. No big deal about END or AGI, but I find lack of PER a notable nerf for a fighter. As per my experience, it sacrifice initiative both in TB (for Sequence) and in RT (the enemy usually shoot you before you can spot him).
Suggestion: maybe a solution can be to add a standard perk/support perk that increase FoV with STR and Close Combat (like 8 STR and 200% CC?) as prerequisite . Everyone know that gun fighters will try to get it too, pimping up CC just to get the perk, but it will make lose a good bunch of skill points if they have 1 INT and they are forced to get 8 STR (or 7 + implant) and not every build can afford that.

2. Action points: HtHs should have both high defense and AP, to survive for a longer time than gunner and losing at least 1 turn to get near the enemy. If you get Bonus Move you lose 1 perk and it have no effect in RT. If you make a tanky build, you can't get 2 Action Boy + BHTHA.
Solution: no idea, lol. The only thing I can tell is there are too many perks for HtH and many of them are useless. So maybe they need to be reworked or merged together.

3. Defense: as already said, they also need higher resistance than the stardand fighter, for the simple reason that they get hit MORE. AC build is not viable, since the 140 cap provide almost no benefit in PvP (and an annoying bug in PvE) and require 3 perks to be maxed. In your Face! is easily counterable, every decent gunner VS HtH move 1 hex away before shoot. Toughness build consume a load of perks and you have to sacrifice damage perks.
Solution: Still, no idea. Again new/reworked perks? If I can "steal" an idea from FOnline 2, it would be interesting to see a run speed boost with CC skill.

Sorry for the wall-of-text. Feel free to post a "Didn't read lol" gif.   :-[

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:25:59 pm »
increase FoV with STR and Close Combat (like 8 STR and 200% CC?)
Only for high ST builds ?  :P

it would be interesting to see a run speed boost with CC skill.

I already feel a river of tears on forum  ;D

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 07:27:05 pm »
(S)mall energy cells as charges.
NOOOOO! -1 MILLION! It's been nerfed enough as is. Just this side of useless......
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 08:01:53 pm »
2. Action points: HtHs should have both high defense and AP, to survive for a longer time than gunner and losing at least 1 turn to get near the enemy. If you get Bonus Move you lose 1 perk and it have no effect in RT. If you make a tanky build, you can't get 2 Action Boy + BHTHA.
Solution: no idea, lol. The only thing I can tell is there are too many perks for HtH and many of them are useless. So maybe they need to be reworked or merged together.

3. Defense: as already said, they also need higher resistance than the stardand fighter, for the simple reason that they get hit MORE. AC build is not viable, since the 140 cap provide almost no benefit in PvP (and an annoying bug in PvE) and require 3 perks to be maxed. In your Face! is easily counterable, every decent gunner VS HtH move 1 hex away before shoot. Toughness build consume a load of perks and you have to sacrifice damage perks.
Solution: Still, no idea. Again new/reworked perks? If I can "steal" an idea from FOnline 2, it would be interesting to see a run speed boost with CC skill.

Sorry for the wall-of-text. Feel free to post a "Didn't read lol" gif.   :-[

Why not go the TLA way and implement the evasion skill? 25% faster move speed and 25% to dodge any attack at 300% skill (like in your face). Apply penalties to wearing specific weapons/armor

Solves the tracking running people issue and gives HtH fighters better defence.

Ombra

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2015, 01:03:43 pm »
increase FoV with STR and Close Combat (like 8 STR and 200% CC?)
Only for high ST builds ?  :P

It was just an example to prevent gunners from get increased FoV... I'm sure there are better solution

it would be interesting to see a run speed boost with CC skill.

I already feel a river of tears on forum  ;D

Well, I want to live enough and see the day when HtH will be considered "overpowered"   :D

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2015, 03:19:47 pm »
Yup i had same issue over the previous sessions and in 2238.. The weapon it self is not the problem here... close combat is the problem in general.. it is handicapped compared to any type of ranged...
The problem is how to manage to get close enough and make your enemy stay close to you. Not to mention to survive the 1hexing.
I already offered tonns of solution for thes problem in the suggestion section. The overall conclusion is not to make melee builds for PVP... and in some cases in PVE it is also unusable... lack of damage, lack of crippling, if you want to survive 2-3 burst from anything capable of bursting... ofc you can do relatively high damage if you make all damage perks + crittchance/roll character, but then you end up with no lifegiver and relative low health and damage resistances in general. Your damage will be enough to almost 2-3 hit sombody with lucky crits but with 170-190 hp you will never reach your target! not even in PA or APA.
The game is based on fallout combat system and there you can play against relatively easy enemys easyer than anything in Fonline.
More survivability for the melee is the solution.

Back to the topic Super sledge would be fun weapon if it would always do random crits if you manage to hit... ofc without aim... it would not make the weapon super dangerous but would make fun sometimes you do a crripling random limbs or eye or KD/KO, bypasses.. so it would not force you to take all the stupid crittperks and make you totaly glass hammer ofc critt damage would roll from your basic crit chance. but yet again you will only get the garanted random critt if you dont aim just swing your hammer like a madman who knows that he will die the next 2-5 sec

"Off"
Now you can start the hate/flame.

Admiral Zombie

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2015, 07:42:21 pm »
Why not go the TLA way and implement the evasion skill? 25% faster move speed and 25% to dodge any attack at 300% skill (like in your face). Apply penalties to wearing specific weapons/armor

Solves the tracking running people issue and gives HtH fighters better defence.

I do not think this would work that effectively. Considering the lack of a level cap, many other people would be able to work towards having maxed evasion, just as the hth. You would be better off implementing it as a perk that only works when both hands are empty.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2015, 08:49:10 pm »
But this evasion will make more usefull light armors. He suggest that heavy armors will lower evasion. So there will be no tanks in heavy armors avoiding bullets.
GUN FOR HIRE

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 09:39:49 am »
No need to overcomplicate things,all it takes to make super sledge usable is what i wrote in the first post,would work and easily doable.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2015, 10:53:45 am »
Making it explosive/electrical dmg and boosting its range to 4 (it looks really crappy) isn'tovercomplicating ? How you want to discuss it if you see only your point ?
Making it explosive I can somehow swallow, electric ? nope.
Boosting range for obvious reason not. Looks ugly and how you want to strike with hammer someone who stand so far ? No just, no...if you want to know my point.
GUN FOR HIRE

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2015, 11:11:38 am »
Making it explosive/electrical dmg and boosting its range to 4 (it looks really crappy) isn'tovercomplicating ? Takes few minutes and can be easily reversed unlike adding some evasion or running speed,correct me if im wrong.  How you want to discuss it if you see only your point ? I dont want to discuss off topic shit in SUPER SLEDGE suggestion.
Making it explosive I can somehow swallow, electric ? nope. Electric what?
Boosting range for obvious reason not. Looks ugly and how you want to strike with hammer someone who stand so far ? Easily by changing the range from 2 to 4. No just, no...if you want to know my point. Thanks for your point although it doesnt make much sense.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2015, 12:51:24 pm »
Making it explosive/electrical dmg and boosting its range to 4 (it looks really crappy) isn'tovercomplicating ? Takes few minutes and can be easily reversed unlike adding some evasion or running speed,correct me if im wrong.  How you want to discuss it if you see only your point ? I dont want to discuss off topic shit in SUPER SLEDGE suggestion.
Making it explosive I can somehow swallow, electric ? nope. Electric what?
Boosting range for obvious reason not. Looks ugly and how you want to strike with hammer someone who stand so far ? Easily by changing the range from 2 to 4. No just, no...if you want to know my point. Thanks for your point although it doesnt make much sense.
1. I will not correct you here cause it's quiet easily as you said. Still need some work and rethink od wider group od players. Evading and shit can be counted to AC so it's not to hard to add it too.

2.We don't disscuss off topic, making something usefull can be done in more than one way. Just saying.

3.Electric damage, I tought it's obvious what can be electrical or explosive...

4. My point make same sense as yours, no need to be harsh. Im just trying to help in this brain storm of raw ideas. Thats why we had such a thing as disscusion...to disscuss and make some things out.
GUN FOR HIRE

Gooseberry

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2015, 12:51:38 pm »
Its better in this situation to look at melee at a whole. Melee as it is just doesn't work too well. Adding evasion would solve this problem and allow melee to become a viable class again and give more use to other tiers of armor.

Evasion would both speed up the user and give him a chance to dodge. in TLA this is 25% at a 300% value (starting from 100%). However equiping and heavy armor and especially equipping heavy (non melee) weaponry will give drastic penalties to evasion. This way we will never see anyone zooming around with a gatling and CA mk2.

It would perhaps be possible however to see people make use of evasion with a single handed weapon and leather armor. Sneak should disable any evasion effects while active.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2015, 01:18:07 pm »
And thats how it would works. Gooseberry +1 from me. The problem isnt in Super Sledge itself. It was buffed little bit lately and doesn't make too much. Reworking such a thing as evasion and evading bullets make sense. To be honest let us to choose from more builds and let us use leather armors and shit with more than first few levels or with sneaker builds. Evasion, sniper rifle and leather armor. Quiet new kind of fun. Same with HtH. Anyway I would not tied it with armor too much, rather with gun weight/seize. Hth tanks would be nice too in PA for example. Not only sneaker hth.
GUN FOR HIRE