April 25, 2024, 10:39:55 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [Magic Box spawn idea to induce more PvP]  (Read 1350 times)

KestreL

[Magic Box spawn idea to induce more PvP]
« on: May 13, 2015, 07:31:10 am »
So we got too many [Special lockers] that spawn but nobody really comes to check them out because the chance of 2 teams meeting while checking same locker isn't really good odds.

The suggestion is simple. Close off all [Special lockers] and stop them from spawning anything.

Why?

Reason would be direct PvP in certain places. So the suggestion is quite simple. Check it out:

Every 25 minutes there will be a server message such as - [Wrights family weapons supply has arrived - 15:00s remaining] At the end of this 15 minutes. The box will be available for grabs and the loot should be 4-5x bigger than current spawns since it is global message.

There can also be many other global messages for all boxes:

[New Reno Sewer civilians have stolen a supply from Wrights family 10:00s remaining]
[Some ghouls have hidden many supplys deep in glow 15:00s remaining]
[Mercenarys in warehouse are guarding precious treasures 15 minutes remaining]
[Ares mutants have developed great technology in ares level 3 - 30 minutes remaining]
(Chance for something rare?)

Feel free to discuss idea - But keep in mind. It's strickly for PvP perposes for those of you who look for it.

Taki

• View Profile
Re: [Magic Box spawn idea to induce more PvP]
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:14 am »
The loots should depend on the people involved in that micro event to avoid people farming that when nobody online  :) I believe FO2 does their global message events depending on online population (not sure) ?

KestreL

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38:21 am »
They do not.

And it doesnt matter about the loot during the night. It just means the stakes are higher. Isn't that a good thing?

Taki

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:46:38 am »
I dont think it is a good thing. It will not promote pvp and as you said, it is for pvp purposes only, not for grinding loots.
So having the loots depend on the people involved would promote pvp more and that's what everybody wants.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:35:35 am »
Why 2 basicly the same tipics?

As I said in other topic, such boxes destroy the economy. It didn't promote PvP in previous session. It promoted camping Reno 24/7 and "free lewt" for bluesuits. Don't make same mistake again.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 11:08:02 am »
Vote "NO FOR HAMSTER'S PARADISE" today!

;D

KestreL

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 08:39:04 pm »
Hmm, I believe you guys misunderstood what this suggestion was about.
It stops these boxes from spawning untle a given time inwhich it will spawn only in 1 minute when all gangs are fighting for control of that 1 box. The box can take place in hundreds of locations with hunderds of server messages so that pvp is directed in many different locations. Much like TC - Just with more reward for a curtain time.

It didn't promote PvP in previous session

You're wrong on this one.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2015, 08:42:53 pm by A3 »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 09:00:34 pm »
I understood your concept, but still don't think it's a good idea. If the box spawn was triggered by the server, there would be place for hamsters when PvP gangs are not around - would happen same as in previous session. If it was triggered by gangs, it wouldn't differ much from TC except there would be left space for nasty tricks ("we can't loot the box, so let's use c4 etc. so they can't take it either" and such). So why bother? Obvious answer is - for fun. But let's maybe use/find another way of using what we have now instead of trying to bring back something that appeared to be unsuccessful attempt of granting fun?

KestreL

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 09:50:10 pm »
Maybe you're right.

But if that's the case. We are in for a very boring session (PvP-wise)

Eitherway - I'll try to write another suggestion explaining a way to make PvP seem more appealling.

Locked.