April 28, 2024, 04:48:27 am
Username:

Password:

Poll

What do you think about the server while we are waiting for wipe ?

Reset the server because it can take long time for truly new session and we want to have fun
56 (61.5%)
I don't know...
2 (2.2%)
Let the things be as they are now.
25 (27.5%)
I don't think that this is a good Idea, even more players can leave.
8 (8.8%)

Total Members Voted: 80

Topic: RESET the server  (Read 21513 times)

Urukhai

• View Profile
RESET the server
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:57:31 am »
Hello guys!

As you can see, the work is still in progress, we are all waiting for wipe. Something huge and extremly intersting is preparing but there are some issues that can't be solved now. Or it would have had wipe months ago. Anyway we are not wasting our time and if you like playing this game so here is the poll.
Seriously what do we have to lose ? We are already all filled with implants and stuff and doing TC or hunting lockers is no longer worth. People are not even gathering shit to have some fun.
For those who are relatively new to the game it won't be a big loss because everyone will restart from zero, restart quests and even ask experienced players for help, and those will be available and not somewhere on the world map waiting for pvp. All changelogs will be saved all weapons kept as they are, you just have to restart from zero. If we are many to vote yes, admins can reset it. After all WE are playing this game and we want to have fun !

LEAVE A FEEDBACK please.

READ CAREFULLY KILGORE'S MESSAGE BELOW, BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING! THANK YOU.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:17:16 pm by Urukhai »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: RESET the server
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 12:24:54 pm »
At first I was strongly against the idea, but now I somehow approve it.

Our current status is: work in progress (just ask Corosive who added more than 100 new dialogue files in recent months, improved a lot of old ones and is still working like a beast), a lot of things already added, a lot of things in progress, some things not done yet. The biggest issue we are facing since long time is kinda unstable new engine revisions, so we can't just make full update because new client has still some major bugs that need to be fixed before starting new session.
How long can it take? No idea, because it doesn't depend on us, it can still take several months.

We COULD make full server reset (basically a wipe) but I understand that without any update it would not be awesome. I'm pretty sure we can include an update - several new features (hex shooting or shared experience for PvE, for example), many interface improvements (new binds useful for PvP, or roof/wall on/off switch), few drug managements features, in-game reroll feature and more, maybe a beta-version of new/old pvp mode as well. That would of course come with the removal of all characters and world save which means all players would have a fresh start again.

From my point of view, those who still play the game are:
- old players who will play anyway and would surely use some new features,
- new players who would surely use a fresh start,
so assumption that "most will leave" looks kinda invalid.

AND it wouldn't change nothing about coming wipe (full update), which will happen anyway when we're ready.

However, it is you who play the game, not me, so you should help us decide - here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 12:26:52 pm by Kilgore »

Mighty

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 02:28:37 pm »
Can you publish a full list of possible changes to the pre-wipe ?

vig

• View Profile
    • Blog and artwork dump
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 03:06:39 pm »
resetting now would seem like wiping for no good reason. Generally you want to avoid destroying player's effort put into the game without a justified cause (major game/play/rule change).

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 03:54:27 pm »
resetting now would seem like wiping for no good reason. Generally you want to avoid destroying player's effort put into the game without a justified cause (major game/play/rule change).

I can understand this reaction if you are really new to this game.
If you were as old as the majority of players, you would understand that people have had enough with this stuff grindfest in bases etc. The reason of playing this game is to have fun. I can play Fallout 2 if I want to play alone and this session cannot be wiped for the reason explained above.
The restart will refresh minds and Ideas. Everyone will be equal. And the game will be alive. More trades among players, more interaction with PvE world. More time for people to play instead of asking when it gonna wipe. More time for DEVs for preparing the post-wipe session.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 04:45:09 pm »
Im not sure Kilgore has a choice- a couple weeks ago I was in Redding mines when I saw a slave walking around. Unattended.

What's happening is maps are ghosting over, so you cant be sure what your seeing is real. A reset/wipe would be the only way to fix that.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Beer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 05:42:51 pm »
I would like to see the wipe in its full glory and i think a prewipe would simply make the real wipe take more time and distract the devs from working on it. but if there is an early wipe with only some of the updates it would need to have good pvp balance updates such as the new suggested crit table along with weapon changes like turboplasma being more rare and gecko breath balance, also make implants more rare and no longer being purchasable. I have also heard that if/after crit table is accepted there are also some other ideas about suggestions in changing weapon damage variance or some other pvp ideas. A wipe with no balance updates like this or even content updates like new dungeons for pve players and only superficial changes like a button to turn off roofs(though very nice and convenient) is nothing more than restarting server so that people can grind all of their loot back again and play the same thing over again from the start.

Johnny

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 05:51:19 pm »
If you want to wipe just for wipe im against it.
If you want to wipe to include perks changes and changes for pvp overall that cannot be done without a wipe then i am strongly for it.

But please wait a bit until we can agree on a crit table change first, a weapon rebalance change, and perks change. If we can come up to an overall pvp improvment then a wipe to implement those changes then yes it will be far better.
Restarting with the same current pvp balance ...

There is a lot of things that need to be done before a wipe that could really benefit pvp:
- Minor changes in how drugs work (Posted soon)
- Crit table ( currently in discution)
- Various changes in perks (posted soon)
- Implants change ( posted soon)
- Total weapon rebalance (posted soon)

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 05:53:18 pm by Johnny »

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 05:57:28 pm »
Beer opposes it.
Proof positive that Urukhai is right.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »
 :-X
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:30:27 am by Corosive »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:09 pm »
I think you didn't read or understand what I've posted. I wrote clearly what can be done for now.
Gecko ammo, TPR spawn, implants spawn can be fixed easily but other things like perk rebalance.. well, do not expect me to develop two separate servers (some pre-wipe server and our current post-wipe work). I hope you do understand that if we make a significant change in PvP, more changes will have to follow because of balancing.

There is a lot of things that need to be done before a wipe that could really benefit pvp:
- Minor changes in how drugs work (Posted soon)
- Crit table ( currently in discution)
- Various changes in perks (posted soon)
- Implants change ( posted soon)
- Total weapon rebalance (posted soon)
Dunno what do you mean about "posted soon", but we've got already plans since long time what to change in perks, implants etc. so I can already say there is no need to post same things every month.

From what's posted I can already see that it's maybe better to leave things at current state, but mostly because of players attitude.

Chosen One

• View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 06:17:45 pm »
No. Let's wait until the bugs are fixed.
There is something to be said for that, ghosts or no ghosts.

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 06:19:44 pm »
I do say it would be not a bad idea to restart the server. I'm not against it! While on the other hand i literaly have ZERO time to play, so it's not like my vote count anything at all.
I do wish to have atleast more oportunity to watch people dicking around in the game. :D To see them strugle in the mines and rebuilding everything! :P

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2015, 06:52:39 pm »
I don't see any point in doing a wipe if there will be almost no changes. Especially if you consider that we waited for it for so long...
I prefer to wait a little longer and have a full-wipe with all of the planned changes. Otherwise the server will get empty again rather quickly

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »
I don't see any point in doing a wipe if there will be almost no changes. Especially if you consider that we waited for it for so long...
I prefer to wait a little longer and have a full-wipe with all of the planned changes. Otherwise the server will get empty again rather quickly

If you know how long will last this "little longer" and how fast will be the engine fixed, than give us the date so we can wait all together.