March 28, 2024, 10:12:35 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Changelog 28/03/2015  (Read 18833 times)

Petrolz

• View Profile
Re: Changelog 28/03/2015
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2015, 06:16:46 am »
It is a solution till wipe read http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=7112.0  , then he will implement another solution after wipe. :)
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Knuckle

« Reply #31 on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:03 am »
Changelog 28/03/2015

Implant modules can be now bought at Dr Fung in San Francisco:
- Nemean module - 750.000 bottle caps,
- Dermal/Phoenix module - 500.000 bottle caps,
- SPECIAL module - 250.000 bottle caps.
Character level 30 is required in order to buy any implant module.

Uh, Kilgore, didn't you say "No " to this very thing?

This is a good update, now makes everything balanced stop with the crying and moaning.

thank you kilgore
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 11:51:59 am by Knuckle »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2015, 12:33:23 pm »
This is a good update, now makes everything balanced stop with the crying and moaning.
How do you know? As BBS, who were saying they are not coming back only because of not fair conditions (implants), came back during the day, did "empty TC" and never came back. :)

That was a terrible update. The day Kilgore announced it, I told him it would bring a swarm of fully implanted snipertanks, there would be some fun and later server would be as empty as it was before, but with even more broken conditions. And I added it was a matter of a week in my opinion.

What do we have now? You can do "empty TCs" anytime you want. TCs were the only source of getting implants and a lot of people were fighting for them just because of that reason. Now there is no need - as buyable implants were intoduced, no one cares about towns anymore (you can't trigger PvP that way as no one is coming to defend their cities). No one cares about Reno locker as well (but some old bluesuit looter :D). I don't know if they still do, but Pistoleros stopped camping Reno locker and started camping SF instead. You know - even easier way to get implants is to rape some newbies trying to buy them for uneasily gathered caps. :)

To be specific - the only PvP you can get currently, on this nearly empty server, is getting swarmed by UV using fully implanted snipertanks/tanks+fully implanted bozar sneaker. And you have to choose to be swarmed in Reno, as they don't come to TC, and when they're taking city back an hour later - they avoid the fight, moving around the map. Or getting a huge group of Pistoleros to fight as they show up only when big numbers. Less PvP than used to be and definitely less fun.

If you think I'm "crying and moaning" just because I didn't like the change, go and check yourself, lol. At least we might get some fun. GG

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2015, 12:57:33 pm »

This is not forum pvp thread Badboy so if you want to start boring talk about swarms/rapes/avoiding fights then make it elsewhere. And if you are going to complain about bad updates in every post then make some "personal river of tears" thread somewhere, reading exactly the same out-of-reality crap is slowly getting boring, there are town control fights, new reno fights same as before, hardly anyone camps SF, the only difference between before and now is that people can buy implants from NPC.
Of course you need to prove everyone was so wrong and you were right but lemme tell you something, there is absolutely no need to do that, nobody gives a damn if you were right or wrong so just get over it instead of starting another drama and forum battle.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 07, 2015, 01:18:27 pm »
This is not forum pvp thread Badboy so if you want to start boring talk about swarms/rapes/avoiding fights then make it elsewhere. And if you are going to complain about bad updates in every post then make some "personal river of tears" thread somewhere, reading exactly the same out-of-reality crap is slowly getting boring
Where do you see me starting forum pvp? I'm just giving my opinion about the update, pointing out it's unfavorable results. Well, I don't care if people think I'm right or wrong, but if they have a right to give their opinion, why wouldn't I do? :)

there are town control fights, new reno fights same as before, hardly anyone camps SF, the only difference between before and now is that people can buy implants from NPC.
As a player, I see it otherwise and am concerned about server contitions as I see much less PvP since the update. (<- all I said giving brief explanations on specifics)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:25:01 pm by BB. »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2015, 08:13:18 pm »
@BadBoy, I can agree with some of your standpoint about the update, but honestly the UV swarm had implanted tank/snipers before they were for sale. I feel that this made it fair for everyone to be able to get implanted to stand a chance against the swarm.

@Kilgore... Chill dude xD BadBoy is right about people camping San fran. Pizdaleros camp there and kill unsuspecting victims for free implants and caps. Just ask melt.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2015, 07:43:54 am »
How do you know? As BBS, who were saying they are not coming back only because of not fair conditions (implants), came back during the day, did "empty TC" and never came back. :)

That was a terrible update. The day Kilgore announced it, I told him it would bring a swarm of fully implanted snipertanks, there would be some fun and later server would be as empty as it was before, but with even more broken conditions. And I added it was a matter of a week in my opinion.

What do we have now? You can do "empty TCs" anytime you want. TCs were the only source of getting implants and a lot of people were fighting for them just because of that reason. Now there is no need - as buyable implants were intoduced, no one cares about towns anymore (you can't trigger PvP that way as no one is coming to defend their cities). No one cares about Reno locker as well (but some old bluesuit looter :D). I don't know if they still do, but Pistoleros stopped camping Reno locker and started camping SF instead. You know - even easier way to get implants is to rape some newbies trying to buy them for uneasily gathered caps. :)

To be specific - the only PvP you can get currently, on this nearly empty server, is getting swarmed by UV using fully implanted snipertanks/tanks+fully implanted bozar sneaker. And you have to choose to be swarmed in Reno, as they don't come to TC, and when they're taking city back an hour later - they avoid the fight, moving around the map. Or getting a huge group of Pistoleros to fight as they show up only when big numbers. Less PvP than used to be and definitely less fun.

If you think I'm "crying and moaning" just because I didn't like the change, go and check yourself, lol. At least we might get some fun. GG

From my point of view it was good update - I am not in any gang, I love FOnline world created here, and I do many PvM activities, which gave me fair ammount of caps, yet, after over year of gaming, I was not able to get any implant (even when I was sitting on 9m caps). Now i have 1 character fully implanted, which made my normal PvM gaming easier and more fun thus this, and I can do better in PvP situations, which encourages me more to do this. Besides - what I have noticed so far, only gangs like BBS or UV had fully tweaked characters or some solo hardcore gamers - so in both cases they had that ealier as they have it now, nothing has changed here. As it goes for TC - maybe some little tweaks to this area could make it more attractive.

Overall I am very Happy with this update - its not like everyone has 5m caps to spend at once for 1 character, and even if you want to gather this money, you need to work hard for single implant (like Neaman or Dermal/Phoenix).

Kilgore - would you consider a small change to CAWS shotgun? Currently it is requiring HQA and Advanced Workbench - maybe change it to 5-6 GMP and Workbench to utilise those silly big ammounts of GMP in easier way (since CAWS needs blueprints anyway).

Freelancer

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2015, 01:53:24 pm »
IMO CAWS needs a little buff, just for damage. Four differences between CAWS and Combat Shotgun are: Magazine size, burst rounds, craft recipes and blueprint requirement. Obviously people will still go for Combat Shotguns, as they are much, much more cheaper and it's a smaller loose to die with it.

Shamessa

• Freelancer
    • View Profile
    • Rulers and Empires
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 02:22:46 pm »
Pancors is top dmg, but I would like to see CAWS (its good as it is) easier craftable (regular Workbench + BP) and utilising GMP instead HQA to create option (players can buy already GMP from NPC, since its highly tradable item).

Freelancer

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2015, 06:35:51 pm »
Pancors is top dmg, but I would like to see CAWS (its good as it is) easier craftable (regular Workbench + BP) and utilising GMP instead HQA to create option (players can buy already GMP from NPC, since its highly tradable item).

There are like what? 5 shotguns in game?

Based on quality.

Shotgun -> Sawed Off -> Combat -> CAWS -> PANCOR

CAWS and Combat are too fucking similar. CAWS has more ammo capacity and requires +1 strength. But does like +2 damage more.

I don't take care of balance, but I'd say let's lower the range of the CAWS, and increase it's damage output. Making it the ideal short range shotgun for PvP.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2015, 08:21:58 pm »
CAWS shoots more bullets in burst.

Corosive

• Writer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2015, 10:33:14 pm »
CAWS shoots more bullets in burst.

then CAWS is better lol if you have BRD

Vanadiss

• ポルカおるか?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2015, 11:59:36 pm »
More bullets... One more bullet. Just one more shell and 3 more in magazine, making it still a 3-burst gun.
I've checked everything we have to know [at least I think so, lel], here's what we got about CS and CAWS:

Damage: 20-28 vs. 20-28. DRAW
Range: 25 vs. 25. DRAW
Burst Rounds: 4 vs. 5. CAWS WINS
Magazine Size: 12  vs. 15. CAWS WINS
Max. Bursts: 3 vs. 3. DRAW

Strength Requirement:
5 vs. 6. CS WINS
Weight: ~10lbs vs. ~5lbs. CAWS WINS
Base price: 2555 caps vs. 4070 caps. CAWS WINS

Profession requirement: SG Gunsmith 1 vs. SG Gunsmith 2. CS WINS
Recipe: 1x wood, 6x metal parts, 1x alloys vs. 1x wood, 2x HQ alloys, 2x alloys, 3x metal parts, 3x junk. CS WINS
Crafting place: min. workbench vs. advanced workbench. CS WINS
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOTAL: Combat Shotgun = 7 | H&K CAWS = 7. RAW DRAW

The answer is simple: CAWS if you need a sidearm for f.e cave looting or mob-farming [weight wins], Combat Shotgun if you want to earn money/need a good gun quickly [crafting wins]. It's true that Pancor Jackhammer is above anyway, but it's the best shotgun for now, and we're talking about the problematic tier.
Raise CAWS' damage a little and all should be fine and simple.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:58:45 am by Vanadiss »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2015, 08:07:14 am »
more bullets in burst = higher chance for knockback

Kaaon

« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2015, 09:23:18 am »
Damage: 20-28 vs. 20-28. DRAW
Range: 25 vs. 25. DRAW
Burst Rounds: 4 vs. 5. CAWS WINS
Magazine Size: 12  vs. 15. CAWS WINS
Max. Bursts: 3 vs. 3. DRAW
Strength Requirement: 5 vs. 6. CS WINS
those above are combat stats (caws obviously winning here)

Weight: ~10lbs vs. ~5lbs. CAWS WINS
Base price: 2555 caps vs. 4070 caps. CAWS WINS

Profession requirement: SG Gunsmith 1 vs. SG Gunsmith 2. CS WINS
Recipe: 1x wood, 6x metal parts, 1x alloys vs. 1x wood, 2x HQ alloys, 2x alloys, 3x metal parts, 3x junk. CS WINS
Crafting place: min. workbench vs. advanced workbench. CS WINS
those are noncombat stats
ofc that CS is easier to obtain as its lower tier weapon

4 -> 5 bullet is like +25% dmg and also higher chance for knockback, that is alot

you cant compare those two, its like comparing 10mm pistol to .223 pistol..
10mm is easier to craft but .223 is better in combat, now are they equal ? they arent
« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:23:02 pm by Seki »