April 28, 2024, 04:04:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Implants - Public Discussion/Suggestion  (Read 13966 times)

KestreL

Implants - Public Discussion/Suggestion
« on: March 16, 2015, 02:21:45 pm »
I realise that Kilgore isnt making much updates. And I understand that. but I have only 1 suggestion that is quite easy to do:
Make implants extremely easy to get with such methods:

Dialogs (Via caps)
TC spawning them masively (Via Box)
"Magic box" spawning them masively.

This is also a public opinon.

From what I've picked up on is that Kilgore never meant to make implants so easy to get and never meant for them to be so powerful. Mearly a slight char change.

However it has gone over the edge now. Some gangs have alot of implants, some don't. Wipe was supposed to happen sometime last year if I remember correctly and alot of people quit waiting for wipes. During this time players have gained implants. Alot of them, I've quit FOnline:reloaded awhile ago. I come by time to time and the advantage of curtain gang charecters is quite high, you could say I'm complaining. It's one of the reasons I don't play reloaded much. It would be however interesting to see everyone with implanted charecters.

This is not a place to start Forum War. If you disagree, simply say you disagree with the reason. And Vice versa.

(If this thread becomes a warfare I'm locking it)

KestreL

Re: Implants - Public Discussion/Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 02:37:18 pm »
Note: This suggestion is for only this session. My mistake.

Implants at the moment are only tipping off curtain teams at times. Yes it's advantage and sure wasteland is harsh, but Imo since alot of gangs quit they can not come back without the humiliation of being killed by implanted charecters.

So to reset the balance which was broken. Better to just remove implants (Which I know won't work) so next best thing is give them to everyone.

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 06:55:36 pm »
ye imo dialog would be the best option so everyone could play pvp normally anyway at this stage of the game what could possibly go wrong?

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »
+1. Forget pre-wipe madness, this would be the absolute best way to end a session.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2015, 07:11:55 pm »
+1
But don't forget about prices - few mlns of caps per one implants. Prices can be different for every kind of implant.

Petrolz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2015, 07:41:39 pm »
I like the idea.
“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

Adams

• Bang Bang Smash ty buzerant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2015, 07:48:33 pm »
+1
But don't forget about prices - few mlns of caps per one implants. Prices can be different for every kind of implant.
Hell no,better make it cheap.

KestreL

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2015, 07:53:36 pm »
The point is to make PvP without implants. But with implants if u know what I mean.

Cheap price wouldn't hurt at all.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 08:00:01 pm »
Bozars, plasmas and implants... things that ruined PvP on this server. I wish there were back days where aimers could cause KOs (unlike now when even overpowered turbo plasma can't do proper KO), but oh well if there is anything that could make this game more enjoyable I think it's to make implants widely accessible. I like the idea very much.

Kaaon

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2015, 08:00:05 pm »
i agree because implants was not supposed to be as they are now.. it makes too big gap between players and that way it would be fixed until end of this season and after wipe they will be nerfed and rare.. +1

Reaven1911

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2015, 08:51:28 pm »
Implants seem to make being in a big enough faction to do TC often mandatory nowadays, otherwise you have a whole different build for non-implant users

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2015, 12:30:55 am »
This would make everyone even, good idee. It won't change much, only rebalance the game between old fully implanted characters and new ones.

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2015, 01:25:10 am »
Then even a few skilled players can fight off a swarm! Please give us cheap implants!

A random child in the hub could say
"Hey Mister/miss! I found this shiny box of electronic pieces here! I'll give them all to you for 10 caps 'cus I'm real hungry." +2 of each combat implant +1 of each special implant.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2015, 01:28:47 am »
+1. Adds a tiny bit of balance, which should be fine after this much time.

Think of this time, if it be a month or yet another year, when Pre-Wipe Madness is only partially mad. Like a crazy scientist with wild theories, right before people call him a mad scientist. And this is when he's most likely to throw his best parties.

So yeah, let's have implant party. Add an implant to the tanker quest. Add one to the GR mutant quest. Add one to the gauss bunker and family grave SEs, and the Black Claw scorpion cave. Dogs of LA? Implant! Smoke out the ants in San Fran? Implant! San Fran subway scorpions...implant. Put them in lockers with blueprints.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:56:45 am by Henry »

KestreL

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2015, 07:02:32 am »
Better to make Docter in SF sell implants by the 80's. Searching for all implants is a tedious task and it shouldn't be. Atleast for this session considering tons of people already have fully implanted chars.

I'm sure it's quite easy to make Docter in SF sell via barter Implants (To sell drugs for implants etc) no?