April 18, 2024, 07:44:17 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Editing the wiki  (Read 4286 times)

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Editing the wiki
« on: August 20, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »
While there was a big amount of work done on the wiki (in times when 2238 was up and also when we started work on FOnline: Reloaded) some stuff on wiki is still missing or not updated.
If you want to help us with that, send me a private message - I will make an account for you.

karolm

• View Profile
Re: Editing the wiki
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2015, 07:28:40 am »
Why wiki is dead :o

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:51:02 pm »
I vote i dont have mutch time and im in sapainright now but in my free gaming time i VOTE pliz i will edit beacuse is realy not up to date.
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2015, 12:29:10 am »
Can we? I thought it was Khans territory. Okay, i'll get back on it, but can anyone show me anywhere on Reloaded wiki or 2238 wiki where there is info about shotgun bursts not spreading out?

Dr. Mengelito

• Supporter
  • Oh Slash, it's TKs!
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 10:33:13 pm »
Can we? I thought it was Khans territory. Okay, i'll get back on it, but can anyone show me anywhere on Reloaded wiki or 2238 wiki where there is info about shotgun bursts not spreading out?

The wiki belongs to all the community but to protect our interests from the current attacks on our faction page and good name aswell as update some of the more neglected parts I've noticed, I've now sent in my application.

"The infiltration took a huge toll on my physical and mental health; I was haunted by nightmares of being exposed to the faction I was infiltrating, other nightmares being of Mengelito." -Lash 2016

Antares156

• "Fear denies faith"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2016, 08:39:34 pm »

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2016, 05:12:54 pm »
Earn Wiki-Credits!

Want to help with wiki editing but don't want to log into wiki and do all those edits? Here is how you can help, the fun way:

As you go to various towns, you meet certain NPCs who have names. Take a few notes about each NPC as you meet them and PM that info to me. I can use it to update wiki, which has always lacked most of the NPC pages. I'm on a personal campaign to fix this. Here is what i need about each NPC:

* Name
* Hit Points
* Extended description when you use "binoculars" on them
* Will they Barter? (Does the Barter window open?)
* What do they buy and sell: N/A, specific item, Limited, or tons-o-stuff
* Any relevant notes you can add about this NPC
* Visual (avatar) (see below)

For the right image file, reference this page and tell me which one it is.

That page does not include all NPC image files. Do your best so i don't have to do all this running around myself. Maybe find someone comparable in Hub so i know. Or find a matching image on wiki.

I'll add their quests, training, perks, etc myself but mention anything you think might get missed.

I already have Hub's NPCs added to wiki, i think, but maybe i missed a few.

How to Earn Wiki Credits
For each NPC's worth of data you provide, that leads to the addition of a new wiki page that we did not already have*, or that allows us to update an existing NPC page that lacks the NPC template**, you will earn 5 Wiki Credits! lol Cover a whole town of NPCs and get 25 Bonus Wiki Credits! lol

Cash in your credits with me later when i figure out what the special items are worth. wip

Value of Wiki Credits (WC)
Coming soon: a list of special items and their Wiki Credit values, hopefully to include:
* Bridgekeeper Robes (?? WC)
* Solar Scorchers (?? WC)
* Pulse Pistols (?? WC)
* Alien Blasters (?? WC)
* Uncraftable Combat Armor (?? WC)

DISCLAIMER
We are not responsible for the safe-keeping of your items once given to you. If you receive an award and someone steals it, it's on you to deal with, so store special items safely.

*Info must be complete enough that i don't have to go there myself and meet that NPC to get missing info.
**Template:NPC is not in use on all NPC pages, but working on it.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 03:35:55 pm by Henry »