April 20, 2024, 06:42:48 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Display carry weight in main HUD  (Read 2617 times)

bwoodfield

• View Profile
Display carry weight in main HUD
« on: February 21, 2015, 08:05:49 pm »
I'm wondering if there is a way, or simple mod, that would update the vanilla UI to I could see my carry weights without having to go into my inventory all the time.?

Wipe

• Random is god
    • View Profile
    • FOdev
Re: Display carry weight in main HUD
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 08:55:07 pm »
Not possible without third party tools.
Games are meant to be created, not played...

Wizard

• View Profile
Re: Display carry weight in main HUD
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 04:22:45 am »
If i remember correctly, then one can still use the cursor to move the character while on the inventory screen, right? However, one cannot push buttons belonging to the main interface.
So, if you're fine with having zero buttons on your main interface and having to push the key I every time you enter the game, as well as having to push I to get into the PipBoy, Character Screen and FixBoy, etc... and then to Push I again to get the Carry Weight displayed again. It's doable, but that means sacrificing buttons and ease of use. It's just to replace the graphic files for the inventory screen with a .PNG file containing one transparent pixel, then hide all the output strings away from the screen or set their sizes to zero (if possible), and then display the carry weight (as it's only displayable once the user enters the inventory screen). Using this method, your inventory screen'd be pretty useless too. I'd recommend to adapt the inventory screen to use it as your main interface, as then it'd look better as well as you'd get the inventory screen functionality. I've yet to confirm whether this would work, but assuming one can still move the character around and target critters/players, i don't see why.

If you don't know how to modify the look of interfaces, there's hard to find documentation. The best way is to search the internet for the little information you can, then open up an already existing interface to start tweaking variables, then launch the game to see what that particular variable does, then repeat until you've got all the variables you're looking for. I remember only a couple of things about interfaces.

• resolution WIDTH HEIGHT #allows you to specify changes to variables for a particular resolution
  • variables use the following syntax: identifier value1 value2 value3 ...
  • usually variables take their arguments as images (paths to images) or as coordinates
  • inside the interface folder, the variables are put either in default.ini or faction.ini
  • you enable an interface by specifying the path to it's folder in "FOnline Reloaded\DataFiles.cfg"