March 29, 2024, 06:37:43 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Testing new client  (Read 24486 times)

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
Re: Testing new client
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2014, 01:09:16 pm »
I tried by FOConfig, it saves changes, but it doesn't work anyway.

I did like you said. Changing resolution manualy to 1680x1050 or 1916x1010 (in order to fit window to my 1920x1080 resolution) makes Fonline crash when logging with a character (welcome screen works well though). Setting resolution to 1920x1080 makes my cursor dissapear and some other inconveniences.

- Throw "fallout.dat" or "master.dat AND critter.dat" from your Reloaded client into /data/packs directory,

Strike

« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »
Most important bugs so far..

Incorrent SPECIAL data error on character creation

Small Frame, Bruiser and Bonehead traits are causing this problem (+SPECIAL or -SPECIAL traits)

You fail to pick the lock

You can pick the lock of already lockpicked car, after that text "You fail to pick the lock" appears but no cooldown. Vehicle trunks are working fine and "That does nothing." appears, when trying to lockpick already lockpicked trunk as it should be.

During character creation, select two traits and 3 tagged skills. Then close character creation and restart, now you can choose more traits and skills.

Fix for this: Everytime player close character creation and start, it should show default screen. And not save status from earlier creation.

You cannot close F1 screen anymore with F1 button, you have to press ESC

Not really big problem, just annoing.

Your character with IP is connected to the server already...

I deleted old character, and restarted modem and computer. Yet it thinks I do have character on this IP connected.

Audio problems with some actions (buggy audio engine with new client)

Already reported, just like smoking. My ears are hurt :D
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:39:53 am by Strike »

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »
I believe I have best possible drivers for my configuration.

- Throw "fallout.dat" or "master.dat AND critter.dat" from your Reloaded client into /data/packs directory,
Yep, yep. That was a problem. I messed up the files and when reuploaded the whole folder forgot to add fallout.dat in a proper place. My bad, sorry. I've tested it and it works under random resolutions now. Seems like problem is solved.

However it works only via manual changes in FOnline.cfg (resolution, VSYNC on/off and others), FOConfig is not working at all.

I've also noticed that my ping in the client is not stable. It goes up and down randomly all the time (it's between 40 and 110). I've checked - it's the server/client not my internet.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2014, 02:08:04 pm »
You can ignore "unstable ping" as it's caused by the setting on the test server, made to decrease cpu load on the server machine.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2014, 04:13:11 am »
Oh wow, why anni only hearing about this NOW?!
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Strike

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2014, 09:47:16 am »
Windows 7, 64bit
i7-4700MQ, 2,40 GHz up to 3,40 GHz
8 GB RAM
GeForce GT 745M

There is odd lag when floating text appear (healing), also takes longer them to disappear than usual.

Just after talking NPC, used healing and this problem happened.

Default setting, not changed:

Code: [Select]
TextDelay= 3000
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 09:58:13 am by Strike »

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2014, 11:15:27 am »
When we cross the cursor over vein or tree then we haven't description about extracting ores, chopping wood.

Quarries:
I thing it's too small count of active vein at the same time.
Instead of vein graphics (minerals, iron, alse these hq, uranium) we have red rectangle with question mark.

Description about condition in activeslot shows percent of damage, not a condition.

Window mode:
Client doesn't take position of the mouse cursor when cursor is outside the client window.

Sounds are little bit scratchy - music and the game sounds, acm and ogg. Propably there is higher sample rate on sound output than playing file have (engine problem).

About smoking.ogg (playing when we lights a cigarret)
That sound file as the one from all is saved with 48kHz sample rate. I reduced it to 44,1kHz and saved in data\sound\sfx\ folder and now it sounds much better.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2014, 07:56:40 pm »
I don't know why, but capping FPS doesn't seem to work for me. It heats my card unnecessarily :p
And I can see some screen tearing while moving screen (even with Vsync on)

BTW Reloaded uses graphic card even if it's minimized.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 07:58:41 pm by Kirkor »

Strike

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2014, 08:03:14 pm »
Kirkor, use these values on your FOnline.cfg:

FixedFPS= 60
VSync= False

BTW Reloaded uses graphic card even if it's minimized.
Hmm, maybe just new feature on new client?
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 08:05:09 pm by Strike »

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2014, 08:32:48 pm »
If you do any changes in FOnline.cfg file make sure you do it to copy of original file made in /data/cache/
ReloadedTestClient/data/cache/FOnline.cfg
:facepalm

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2014, 08:37:14 pm »
Kirkor, use these values on your FOnline.cfg:

FixedFPS= 60
VSync= False

Thanks, that helped. Turning off VSync in fonline but turning it on in my invidia panel works best for me.

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2014, 02:42:30 pm »
Junktown - South Gate, day time (10:22am):
Guards telling to us:
"I'm sorry, the gates are closed for the night. Come back in the morning."
but we can pass through this gate.

Red Line Gang quest (from NCR):
Unfished sentence in dialog: "Cool story. But now I have to exterminate you and your"

Mariposa:
Elevator doesn't work.

Metzger dialog:
"Enough of it. Got a vacancy for a team of bad asses like us (lexem not found)?"

Klamath:
We can walk through the fence door in trapper town.

Two friendly factions:
When we type /factioninfo command, beside our faction name some members of these factions will see nothing else and some members will see friendly faction AND INVITATION from friendly faction. Some members of these factions see bases of friendly faction and some not.

TC with friendly faction (2:1):
Few times I started the timer, but it worked for half minute.

TC action:
When players, which take town logout in the last 30 seconds of the timer they will disappear immediately from map and the town will be taken by them.

TC timer bug:
Some players can see fake TC timer, when:
Step 1) they logout, when TC timer is running,
Step 2) faction which are taking the town loose the timer,
Step 3) players login again (even as other character) in the time that should be left to take control.
This bug will not show after restart of the game client till next "TC broadcast".

Some part of locations list on World Map doesn't work.

Strike

« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2014, 03:09:59 pm »
Most of those bugs are already reported, very old bugs. Nobody just haven't fixed them yet (or waiting for wipe..)

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2014, 04:04:33 pm »
Mariposa:
Elevator doesn't work.
All elevators are temporarily out of order :)

Members of friendly faction does not count for timer.
You sure none of actual members had "The town considers you weak, and don't want your protection." message in log when starting timer.
Or one of these "You're too weak to help your factions cause.", "You're outside of the combat zone, return there immediately or your faction may lose control." before timer stopped?

TC action:
When players, which take town logout in the last 30 seconds of the timer they will disappear immediately from map and the town will be taken by them.
Player disappear right after logging off only now (due to settings in sever config).
It's normal that leaving control zone in last 30 seconds will still grant you control over time. It has always been like that, nothing changed here. Area check is made every 10 seconds, after third failed check you lose timer, so if countdown ends before third check is made you capture town.
:facepalm

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2014, 05:13:57 pm »
Members of friendly faction does not count for timer.
You sure none of actual members had "The town considers you weak, and don't want your protection." message in log when starting timer.
Or one of these "You're too weak to help your factions cause.", "You're outside of the combat zone, return there immediately or your faction may lose control." before timer stopped?
Nothing, like that. Faction which try to take town started the timer and after 30 sec timer has stopped and members of this faction get message:
"Your faction has lost control of the town due to leaving the combat zone." Member of friendly faction didn't receive any message.

Other technical problems:
When I spawn somewhere and someone is already there, then he see me for about 1-3 sec before I enter there from splash screen.
It also applies to encounters with caravans - when I spawn to encounter then I miss some first part of this encounter.

1st machine:
Widnows XP SP3, 32 bit
AMD Athlon II X3 440 @ 3,00 GHz
2GB RAM
GeForce GT 220

2nd machine:
Windows Vista SP2, 32 bit
Intel Pentium Dual CPU T3200 @ 2,00 GHz
3GB RAM
Mobile Intel 4
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 06:27:12 pm by remek »