March 29, 2024, 01:23:37 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: citizenship rework + benefits  (Read 1021 times)

shemsu

• View Profile
citizenship rework + benefits
« on: September 13, 2013, 11:37:07 am »
I thought of this rework durning countless encouters with ncr in which i got wasted by their armies, cause i got spawned too close to them.

Every time a new char is being created it starts near a city, (i already started near ncr, hub and vault city so i don't know if there are any other start locations) so lets assume, that that char is starting as a member of a society nearest to their start point. This would mean some small benefits toward that char. For example: starting near ncr would give +5 dmg vs raiders (since their rapid expansion and aggresive attitude towards non-ncr nps), starting near hub, would give +5 barter or a tiny bit better prices (becouse hub is a trade-based settlement) those who start near junktown would get +5 outdoorsman, or some such perk to help avoid some encouters (due to the cities scouts all around the area), begining the game near vault city wouldn't get you outright citizenship in VC but would give a small boost to medical skills. Thats just an example of traits gained by starting as one of them, but all of them would not open fire as an unfortunate player gets spawnem too close to their soldiers in a random encouter. Being a citizen could also allow to trigger some additional quests if possible. Just as a bonus to those who play solo. What do you think?
deal with it.