April 25, 2024, 11:42:34 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Allow tents to be made in all city maps  (Read 1642 times)

SporePlants

• View Profile
Allow tents to be made in all city maps
« on: September 13, 2013, 08:37:13 am »
I know tents can be made in some flat city maps, but when you try to make one in a map with buildings, it says the location is unsuitable; why is it unsuitable? If tents could be made in more city maps it would allow for cool DIY bases, including ones with 2nd floors.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:45:54 am by SporePlants »
Proud defender of law and justice in the wastes.

Gooseberry

• View Profile
Re: Allow tents to be made in all city maps
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 08:42:51 am »
Nice idea, but it would be more interresting if you could have it function as an actual DIY base (same process as other DIY bases)
but instead you end up with a fortified building.

Alvarez

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 11:24:13 am »
I would say, the 2238 SDK has all the necessary urban encounter maps to place a tent with a Mapper into...

Martyr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 02:37:39 am »
As far as I know, encounters are "open" for 60 minutes, meaning a player can find it during that window. After the window is closed, the location cannot be found.

What we used to do was load up people in a caravan cart and spam the map until we found a map we wanted, usually the big warehouse looking one. In 2238 the encounters were only open for 10 minutes or so, so it was easier, but the concept might work the same.

You just have to defend it a little longer. It's not as secure as a tent map, but it's easily doable. We had several of them the entire last 2238 wipe, and everything was fine.