April 29, 2024, 04:04:58 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Perks for Companions  (Read 1373 times)

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Perks for Companions
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:20:48 am »
Companions are too weak. To be more viable, they need Adrenaline Rush, Toughness, Even Tougher, BRoF, etc. So this idea is to add perks to Companions (maybe via dialogue?)

Imagine you're leveling Companion and he says "it's that time again" so you dialogue with him and he asks you "Which one should i get, boss?" and your reply options are perks.

Alternate Idea (or do both lol): level a regular character, and then have a one-time permanent option to convert this character to a Companion. That way we can get the Companions we want, and only for the cost of build-planning time and leveling time.

Drugs for Companions (already suggested in previous thread)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 01:22:57 am by Henry »

BurstDeath

• View Profile
Re: Perks for Companions
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 08:52:16 am »
Companions are too weak. To be more viable, they need Adrenaline Rush, Toughness, Even Tougher, BRoF, etc. So this idea is to add perks to Companions (maybe via dialogue?)

Imagine you're leveling Companion and he says "it's that time again" so you dialogue with him and he asks you "Which one should i get, boss?" and your reply options are perks.

Alternate Idea (or do both lol): level a regular character, and then have a one-time permanent option to convert this character to a Companion. That way we can get the Companions we want, and only for the cost of build-planning time and leveling time.

Drugs for Companions (already suggested in previous thread)
Oh yeah i'm gonna make one tank with AR and all toughnes and one plasma tank then no one can stop me...
I don't think its good idea, companions now have better special than players, and with good perks and ~280 hp will be like one player with 2 or 3 friends and another shitstorm just like with russians swarming with npcs
I like companions but its too many ways to abuse them, we need to balance companions not make them OP ;)

There is no abuse with companions dealing with versus players anymore, it's now just against PvE:

- Followers (companions, slaves and mercenaries) will not attack players, even if attacked by them,

And I think Kilgore told, that after wipe only mercenaries are able to attack players. So no problems with this suggestion.
Oh my mistake, in that case +1 ;p
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 10:06:48 am by BurstDeath »

Strike

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:58:39 am »
I like companions but its too many ways to abuse them, we need to balance companions not make them OP

There is no abuse with companions dealing with versus players anymore, it's now just against PvE:

- Followers (companions, slaves and mercenaries) will not attack players, even if attacked by them,

And I think Kilgore told, that after wipe only mercenaries are able to attack players. So no problems with this suggestion.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 09:30:01 am by Strike »

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 11:18:23 am »
Seems complicated.

I'd rather make a few specific builds with fixed stats and perks,
so you don't need to farm companions as hard anymore.

Sniper companions with 10 PE and 10 LK and a few crit perks.
Melee companions with 10 ST, melee perks and In Your Face.
Damage dealer companions with 10 AG and 3x BRD perks.
Tank companions with 10 EN and some tank perks.

Etc ...

This would also prevent people from ~disbandparty-ing them only to check their stats
so it would be more likely to find the one you need. Also we don't need level requirements anymore.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 11:44:43 am »
The biggest reason why we'll not do this is because the issue with missing companions is still not fixed.