Password:

Topic: Armor Class  (Read 1093 times)

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Armor Class
« on: May 04, 2014, 08:34:36 am »
I think that dodgers could be an interesting addition to tanks, but Armor Class seems like a touchy subject.

Maybe "Dodging" should be limited in a similar way to Sneak.
AC perks should simply not work with metal, tesla, combat and power armors.

Keeping in mind that the removed level cap results in maxed weapon skills and that it requires skill to keep an effective balance between attacking and moving to avoid attacks, I think it's fair to boost AC quite a bit.

The AC cap should probably be raised to about 200, meaning that all AC perks should get a little boost.

As a dodger can easily be 1-hitted when caught off guard I think it would be fair to make this build high risk / high gain.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Armor Class
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2014, 09:51:46 am »
That thread again...

AC needs a complete rework and it should be heavily item-dependant or we'll end up in another AC-trolling madness. I never liked how they changed AC on 2238 with all those perks.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 12:26:36 pm »
Every day until you like it.

Maybe AC could be changed to a universal damage resistance that is only active when you run and not wear metal/combat/power armor. You could get a good defense with less perks than tanks but be limited to light armor and forced to move constantly.

So while tanks can basically stand around like a turret, take damage and keep shooting,
damage dealers only have defense when they move and if they get hit while standing still they go down easy.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 06:54:14 pm »

Now with an awesome soundtrack.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...