March 28, 2024, 09:31:14 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How to make graphics,animations to fonline??  (Read 6340 times)

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
How to make graphics,animations to fonline??
« on: April 29, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »
I would like to know: how to make animations (critters, skins) to fonline. I might even want to try to create some. I know that it requires a fucking lot of work... I almost calculated the number of necessary sequences to create new fully functional character (6 views multiply by numbers of all activities in all armors with all types of gun: move, shooting, standing, butt scratching,  violent dead animations ect. and each sequence contains I don’t know 6 frames?)... it comes in thousands...  and even in hundreds!! xD  now I know why some of my “brilliant” suggestions where  rejected...
Is never hurt to ask... how to make new critters and animations to fonline? Where to start?

Question 1. Which program can be used to make animations? Is there any program which use "mirror" option?  It could reduce a half of work...

My friend recommended me: GIMP to make each frame + Adobe After Effects to make sequence . Its good combination? I also have heard a rumour that cubik2k have special program to design critters (used to create pashturrs), its true?

Question 2: Someone know good source of information in this subject, website about animations that he could recommend?  Is there any website-database with graphics, animations from fallout? Something like "fonline library"?
so that people do not do the same animation..

I've never been good websearcher but I have discovered :

http://fodev.net/forum/
[This is basically forum for game masters, there are a lot information for scripter’s, mappers and also ,,3d animations" board but its hard to find good information’s about how to make 2d animations]

and

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forumdisplay.php?18-Fallout-General-Modding
[good board but its so big that I haven’t yet visited the whole]

are there any other websides or tutorials?

Question 3. How many frames should have one sequence? I see that critters have .FRM format, how to view/open/edit it?

Cerberix

• View Profile
Re: How to make graphics,animations to fonline??
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »
http://fodev.net/forum/
[This is basically forum for game masters, there are a lot information for scripter’s, mappers and also ,,3d animations" board but its hard to find good information’s about how to make 2d animations]

Game masters? :o This forum is for everyone who is interested in fonline modding, so it's possible to ask there about everything which is connected with fonline or even fallout 2 modding.

Well, back to topic, first of all get any graphics editing program, it can be GIMP/Photoshop (I can suggest PS) whatever, you should know how to use it. Secondly, check this tutorial for creating critters.

For FOnline library  you should check fonline.ru website, when you can find some people's works, for graphics check this.

I can also say that you can check someone's Fallout database from NMA - enter here. There are some stuff for FOnline but you can also download other resources which might be added to fonline (for example maps, arts and something like that). :P