March 28, 2024, 10:38:42 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Hub is RETARDED  (Read 5533 times)

caper

• View Profile
Hub is RETARDED
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:39:38 pm »
Seriously

Bombers dont even get thief tag in Hub for blowing people up? And if they do they can still loot their victims? Either remove the Hub protection - that ONLY protects thieves and bombers from players revenge - or make it REAL safe

All this does is make sure noone can be in Hub if a thief has bombs

Thanks MisiaPysia and Saddam u bleeding cunts. Exploiting a safe zone.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
Re: Hub is RETARDED
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »
Add Bolek to that list as well.

How about disabling steal like the BG did at the HUB.

HUB has NO PVP so it should have NO STEAL as well.

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2014, 08:52:50 pm »
either

or

would be nice to have a place where players can socialize - without overgeared cunts bored spend their time rippin em a new one with c4

either

fkin

or

the way it is now it only protects the cunts from the bullets we have for em on sight

....its not a secret we need more players. Is allowing exploits like this the way?

Mona

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2014, 10:11:26 pm »
I don't like it either, but towns can't be totally safe like barter ground.

You are right, we need some place to socialize. That's why resource gathering will be removed from bases, to make us go out and meet people somewhere. That's the thought behind it. But even in the safest town there will always be some troll who will blow up just anyone, that's inevitable.

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 10:13:02 pm »
I don't like it either, but towns can't be totally safe like barter ground.

You are right, we need some place to socialize. That's why resource gathering will be removed from bases, to make us go out and meet people somewhere. That's the thought behind it. But even in the safest town there will always be some troll who will blow up just anyone, that's inevitable.

The HUB ain't just any town its NEWBIE town. Why protect the vets more than the newbies that we need so badly?

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand Maniacs®
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 03:13:28 am »
Kilgore, I love what you've done here, but they're making a fool of you.
OK in hub=automatic -999,999 karma to character. That should fix it. Until they figure out the NEXT cheat.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 03:16:59 am »
Add Bolek to that list as well.

How about disabling steal like the BG did at the HUB.

HUB has NO PVP so it should have NO STEAL as well.
soon Hub will be empty town.....shitty rules....

Macaroth

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2014, 05:01:50 am »
Wth why remove resources from bases, that is NOT a problem, there isnt a single base that offers much resources..if you take that away then the bases will loose their flavor and character and then just fuck everything!!!
Peace is as it should be, gentle yet unstoppable

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2014, 05:34:45 am »
Actually if you have 4 bases you can get 160 fibre faster than if you went to the HUB for the same thing. With competition though Public resources either need to respawn faster or We should keep more private resources.

Base resources are not insignificant.

Fibre, Private mines, Meat. These are significant amounts especially for one person.

Now as for flavor, keep the images remove the resources. But IMO EVERYTHING should be moveable as per the base maker's specifications I.E. Sciencing to move things within walls. Including trees.

Kaaon

« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2014, 05:39:59 am »
hub is fine, whats the point of steal when it would be disabled ?
if you want to socialize go to IRC or facebook, thieves cant even steal you if you pay attention and they removed pvp from hub, isnt it enough ? 4 years was enabled stealing, bombing and pvp in all towns and now they disabled pvp and you want more and more wtf ?
btw this bombing fun will end with wipe, its just because players have now alot of caps and resources so bombs are too cheap for them, it will be ok after wipe

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2014, 05:56:43 am »
Stealing from Newbies when they have nothing is what is wrong. NCR steal is fine HUB is special.

But I agree keeping it the way it is until wipe is OK it pushes newbies away but is fun. so its not really that ok.

BurstDeath

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2014, 06:10:13 am »
ehh... This is Fonline not my little pony if you dont want to meet thiefs then go to Fo2 ;p

caper

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2014, 06:50:34 am »
Try and read the first post.

My issue is not with thieves in Hub. I think it would be nice with no stealing/no bombing there, but that is for a different thread.

My issue is with the fact that the way Hub is protected atm means thieves and bombers can do as they please and we can't eradicate them on sight. This is not what I imagine the idea was, thus I call it an exploit. I saw Misia bomb 3 people in a row there and guards did nothing. Could I shoot her? Nop, guards hadn't seen her stealing, so 1) she wont die from my bullets, and 2) ill be shot and lose karma for no reason. I got bombed by Saddam the other day who got caught stealing but still wasn't guard killed - he took the stuff off the toon and left by grid. I find that retarded.

My 2nd point was that having bombers go wild in Hub is not a good idea since it's the nub town - and that was, I believe, the reason it was protected in the first place? We need more players. We don't need more entertainment venues for bored oldtimers to ruin the game of new players. That is about as smart as eating your arm coz you're hungry. If the issue is lack of entertainment for oldtimers, that is a different issue entirely.

If you want thieving and bombing in Hub, so be it, but don't protect the offenders from the victims...

So what i say is - again - either or. Has nothing to do with my little pony, it's all about exploits and revenge.

Kaaon

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 06:54:14 am »
ehm only way to kill someone with bomb in hub is by stealing because it doesnt do damage in hub (only IK if you have it in inventory) so your problem is with steal
and as i already said, it will be fine after wipe, its because there was alot of exploits, bad game mechanic, too long season => too many resources and caps => alot of bombs

Macaroth

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2014, 11:56:51 am »
its not just about the bombs for fucks sake, its the principals itself, if youre bored then download some other of the thousands of games out there and entertain yourself or go jerk off in a corner. NO fucking reason and NO excuse for that sort of behavior
Peace is as it should be, gentle yet unstoppable