April 25, 2024, 12:42:09 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Help your community!  (Read 11058 times)

Hoot

• View Profile
Re: Help your community!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2014, 02:57:20 pm »

I change tiles/walls in the future.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 03:17:31 pm by Hoot »

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »
Perfect!

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2014, 06:42:01 pm »
I wait for opinions :)
Funny how I had very similar base in mind
If a mapper wanted to work on my computer, I would do it like this:

I hope you will figure this out :P

I think there should be a corridor (big enough for cars) that leads to the exit grid (maybe add some cool blast door at the end of it?).
Also, your bunker looks clean and high tech (which is awesome), so that cave with still doesn't suit there.

I think you should add some place for "citizens" of that vault to pee and take showers :P Maybe also some gym?

And a small helipad outside for vertibirds.

BB.

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
I like Kirkor's suggestions.

Also, your bunker looks clean and high tech (which is awesome), so that cave with still doesn't suit there.
As for this, I would just suggest changing cave walls to a bunker-like ones (so it becomes another small room). Every needs a place to store garbage and this one suits perfectly for it (with a still hidden by some engineer ::))!

It looks really cool. :)

Beta HQ

• è4ô4→£↑<c
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »
I would like to see the top floor - Ground level.

It should either be a modest base or a small place like Vault 15's shack.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2014, 07:16:20 pm »
I would like to see the top floor - Ground level.

It should either be a modest base
This. With a helipad :D

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2014, 10:51:52 am »
I would like to add my suggestions about Hoot's map, so:

1. Tech elements/Hex Blockers:
  • do not use green S blocker hex to fix walls, use green W blocker instead
  • use the correct white S blocker to set view of your map, white S blockers should create a square - to fix problems while scrolling a map, check how it should look like
  • also, rembember to cut off unwanted parts of tiles which are not visible during the normal game, well it seems to me it doesn't to influence so much performance, but I think it's better to have clean "background" instead of messy tiles or even scenery arts there
  • do not forget about resolutions - map should be builded for all resolutions, from 800x600 to 1920x1080 (I think full hd is enough) - for correct scrolling

2. Tiles (very important!):

• remember to place correct tiles in your map, do not set it one under one, I see that you should fix tiles in your map (but I am not sure, it might be correct but I give you a small  tip) - check here

That's all about map. In addition you should test your maps during the game, so you can fix more bugs or problems. Launch 2238 sdk, replace current location (for example ncr/v15) to your map and test! :)

Hoot

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2014, 12:31:26 pm »
Thanks Cerber for technical advices  :D I try fix this map and will check first on my "home" server.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2014, 08:31:45 am »
On Kilgore's request, here is a little BOS Bunker. Finished (need just some tech hexes here and there) and ready to use.

I think for that for 4 players it will have enough space, It's bing enough (34% zoom). The Crafting room has a bunch of containers just next to the workbench. 4 Lockers at the entrance in order to regear quickly. 4 lockers with 4 beds in the bedroom, in order to make look a little military advanced bunker as a military one :D. Gym, and bathroom with 4 other lockers.

The room below is just for technical stuff. Enough space to park 4 cars. Ofc no place for Vertibird.

Spoiler: show

Gorishimo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2014, 10:31:27 am »
Looks very nice Urukhai

Cerberix

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2014, 10:54:50 am »
Oh, really nice new maps are coming so fast. :D Urukhai concept of your map is good but it seems to me you should work a bit more especially on design pallete - it means scenery and tiles elements. There are a few mistakes which aren't look so good. So what you should fix:

1. Scenery:

• remove/replace old/rusty/brown (whatever how you call it) machines because they don't fit to high tech BOS bunker, these machines are good for old vaults or power plant as Gecko but not for advanced bunker
  • remove/replace elements from "clean vault" (vault 8/vault13) because they do not fit to BOS bunker pallete
  • add a bit more scenery from BOS bunker pallete, well you can add more computers, machines, logo of BOS etc - you should open bos_lh_x maps from 2238 sdk and see how they are builded
  • remember to place containers in wisely way

2. Tiles (yeah again):

• use correct tiles which are for BOS bunker pallete, do not  combine tiles which are used for other bunker types. Why Am I talking about it? Because right now your map has so many different tiles and believe me it is not professional :P

Well, I hope you will work on this map more and improve it. Don't get me wrong that I teach you because I'm just longer in this topic.

Hoot

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2014, 12:00:59 pm »

I hope tiles and walls look better now :)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 07:24:42 pm by Hoot »

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2014, 07:47:19 pm »
OK, I'm gonna need a quick tutorial on how to use the mapper on windows 8, and also a fresh download link. Whoever will provide these things, I will love forever.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »
Oh, really nice new maps are coming so fast. :D Urukhai concept of your map is good but it seems to me you should work a bit more especially on design pallete - it means scenery and tiles elements. There are a few mistakes which aren't look so good. So what you should fix:

1. Scenery:

• remove/replace old/rusty/brown (whatever how you call it) machines because they don't fit to high tech BOS bunker, these machines are good for old vaults or power plant as Gecko but not for advanced bunker
  • remove/replace elements from "clean vault" (vault 8/vault13) because they do not fit to BOS bunker pallete
  • add a bit more scenery from BOS bunker pallete, well you can add more computers, machines, logo of BOS etc - you should open bos_lh_x maps from 2238 sdk and see how they are builded
  • remember to place containers in wisely way

2. Tiles (yeah again):

• use correct tiles which are for BOS bunker pallete, do not  combine tiles which are used for other bunker types. Why Am I talking about it? Because right now your map has so many different tiles and believe me it is not professional :P

Well, I hope you will work on this map more and improve it. Don't get me wrong that I teach you because I'm just longer in this topic.

Hah I already mapped stuff months ago but on FO: Desert Europe ! I posted a screen on one of these topics.

The thing is, my mapper is bugged. I cannot slide back to get other tiles and walls. As you can see on my screen, my tool board is in "full mode"

Other thing, I was inspired by the original bunker of the bos_lh_x  It's pretty dark, and overcrowded with this useless shit like banners, emblems, boxes etc. This is the reason why it looks so "empty".
The tiles I've chosen IMHO ofc, weren't chosen randomly ! The entrance on the right has special tiles for cars and concrete tiles outside, which is normal. Black tiles are used by BoS and grey only for gym and the bathroom. You can notice that in every big building, if you have there a bathroom the floor is made of ceramic tiles.

I can add some more containers, but placing many of them next to the workbench, is logic.

All walls are high-tech, as by BoS.

The World Map, is mostly present in vaults, but if you played New Vegas, in BoS bunker, this map is present.

Rusty machines, the one in top left corner is a kind of water filter. I don't see anything else what I should use... But it can be removed. I'll let Kilgore judge.

As for the electric machines, well they are always working and providing electrcity, may be I'll find something else

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2014, 08:34:59 pm »
Wow, these look very good! I'm sure we could use them (partially or as whole).

I've been quite busy since few days, let me provide more details on how to make some corrections/add stuff - tomorrow  :)
Also I'll reply to all unanswered private messages - sorry for the delay  :(