April 18, 2024, 07:35:00 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: [perk] Robotics  (Read 5069 times)

Strike

Re: [perk] Robotics
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2014, 10:35:25 am »
Some of you do not want them to use PP why not?
Robots are programmed, they don't have *real* feelings. Their leader is one who created them. And they fight, to the death.

Living things <-> Robots, not quite same thing.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2014, 10:40:48 am by Strike »

GenericoScout

• Wiki Editor
  • Charity Worker
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2014, 11:30:05 am »
Honestly I think what'll happen is that the PP system will get used for the sake of balance.
And that they'll need regular maintenance and energy. Which makes sense.

At sierra there are robo bays for a reason.

Still I'd love to have a limitless supply of them around, even if I can only take 1-3 with me to areas.
If you need help with anything feel free to PM me.

I'll help the best I can. Oh yeah I'm also a Wiki Editor.

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2014, 12:15:58 pm »
Slave have a weight limit after wipe so you need to visit them and ,,unload" (if private mine idea will stay)

Robo slave (mister handy and brain got) might need fuel (SEC or MFC) to work so they need to be refuel by player to dig more materials

This is almost the same. Player need to visit them to force them to work.

Still I'd love to have a limitless supply of them around, even if I can only take 1-3 with me to areas.

Possibility to stash "offline" robots in your base and possibility of theft them (like le troll said) is very good ideas!
Just talk to them and order them to logout.

Robot can be stolen only when dead and logout.

Chosen One

• Ya. Really Me. Want More Than That, PAY ASSHOLE!
    • View Profile
    • Ten Thousand ManiacsĀ®
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 05:19:59 pm »
Types of robots:
Maximize the types.
brainbots: small, cheap, weak, not much carry, nice for beginers. Can carry and dig. Can only run away (and will).
Mr handy: a little more capable, more expensive/difficult. Can carry more. Can only fight by melee.
T-51d: uses pa skins. Can dig as well as anything else. Can also fight (but only whoever's attacking it/you) using melee/pistols.
PA2: uses apa. Can do anything a T-51 can do, but is tougher. Can be used as a merc.
PA-3: frank Horigan skin. Much tougher still. No heavy weaps except laser rifle.
Warbot: the enclave combat robit. Very hard but can only kill kill kill, can only use heavy weaps.
turret: supremely hardened, self-repairing, can't move so can't dodge (really hard to miss, like automatic 99% hit). If you wanna take one on, better bring a team. With BIIIIG guns. And really good armor.

Each would have higher craft requirements; some junk and a few sec's  might get you a brainbot, but for a turret your talking adv. alloys, gmp's, refined uranium, it's gonna cost you.
Mika TAN, Nika NOIRE, Traci LORDS, KMart, Sand Nigger
Former Redding Miners Union member.

"Most women watch soaps- I play Fallout."

BACK TO THE FRONT! The Front Lines Are Everywhere...

Celard

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2014, 09:52:34 pm »
brainbots: Can only run away (and will).
T-51d: uses pa skins. Can dig as well as anything else. Can also fight (but only whoever's attacking it/you) using melee/pistols.
PA2: uses apa. Can do anything a T-51 can do, but is tougher. Can be used as a merc.
PA-3: frank Horigan skin. Much tougher still. No heavy weaps except laser rifle.

-1, sorry but i dislike your idea of self walking power armors. Maybe T-51d arent so bad but Frank skin its "to much" for me... Brainbots should have attack option because they can use weapons so why dont give the this option?

Engineer

Can control robots. Or take control of enemy robots/turrets.

I know that allowing use armed robots in PvP will cause the same what was with companions.
But something like scout robots(works like MS but with lower range can run independly of owner) or tank robots(just moving wall) or just cameras mounted somewhere.

Excelent idea from Corax: Moving walls robots - blockers. You can order them to stay in chosen place or hide behind them when they move. Thy can be something like "mobile sandbags" to block enemy sight or aim. They cant attack. They cant be knocked out ect. Massive machines

Sadly they require new animations... But they might be easy to make because they need only sequences: 6 views, 6 direction moves, 6 geting hit (same as standing but with some bullets efect) and one exploasion animations (or more but i think that one death animation will pass. Only the first frames of each exploasions animations might be difrent. They are walking baricade they need to be fully destroy)...

Also Corax mentioning something like drons but i dont know that its possible to make them...

Another crazy idea is to add mister handy ability to heal wounds? So it can be medical droid
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:01:44 pm by Celard »

duh7

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2014, 10:15:53 pm »
1+