April 18, 2024, 06:59:40 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: "Exploiting a bug?"  (Read 4033 times)

Stration

• View Profile
"Exploiting a bug?"
« on: February 22, 2014, 12:13:21 pm »
Characters: MrSneaky, Prof. Torr
Ban duration: 72h
Description: Exploiting a bug with caravans and new encounters
What could be done to avoid ban: report a bug instead of exploiting it

What bug exactly were we exploiting?

Is having someone wait in town to keep a lookout for a caravan while you're going to your tent to restock considered to be an exploit?

Seriously?

Or is it perhaps waiting for a hostile enco to wipe out your caravan in order to then loot the dead NPCs?

Please enlighten us what bug we were exploiting, because neither of us has any idea. We'd love to be able not to catch a ban in the future, but that is not possible unless you're more specific, thanks!

Wait, I just had an idea! Maybe having fun is now a bannable offense here, same as it was on FO2238? It would certainly make sense in the light of recent changes!

Please let us know as soon as possible.

Strike

Re: "Exploiting a bug?"
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »
Or is it perhaps waiting for a hostile enco to wipe out your caravan in order to then loot the dead NPCs?

Sneaking and waiting for loot, this is all I can think you could get banned.

Stration

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2014, 02:43:58 pm »

Sneaking and waiting for loot, this is all I can think you could get banned.
If looting NPCs is ban-worthy then the entire server should be banned.

Here's the "exploit" I got banned for:

1. Join a caravan.
2. Encounter the new ridiculously OP ghouls.
3. Let the ghouls wreck your ridiculously weak caravan.
4. Drag ghouls away from the bodies of the dead caravan guards.
5. Go back and, "exploiting" the fact that ghouls are slow, loot the dead bodies safely.

I had absolutely no way of knowing that it was not allowed. More than that, I still consider this to be in no way harmful to the game and absolutely not worth a ban.

Also, I was in no way warned by the GM not to do what I did prior to the ban being issued.

It is therefore completely obvious to me that I was banned not because of this so-called "exploit," but because of some sort of personal grudge that the GM that banned me apparently holds against me. I have no clue what that grudge may be, as I don't exactly keep track of every noob I might've offended at some point, but I find such conduct of the GM to be absolutely inappropriate & unacceptable.

That's about all I have to say about the matter.

Good luck keeping the server up & running with GMs like this.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:45:53 pm by Stration »

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2014, 02:49:21 pm »
You were banned because You were exploting caravans runs.

You were using 2 characters both on sneak:
1st low lvl
2nd high lvl

You were doin caravans on dual log with this two characters to avoid fallin in new encounters, when some player joined Your caravan you jumped out to get easy exp on another caravan.

When You moved to destination station You jumped out on low lvl char to avoid EXP and next lvl on 1st char.

I was invastigating it for more then a week to give you a chance for reporting this bug, You didnt and thats why You get banned,

Bug will be fixed with next update.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 02:57:24 pm by DocAN »

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2014, 02:57:57 pm »
thank you for your cooperation!

Stration

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2014, 07:03:43 pm »
You were banned because you were exploting caravans runs.

You were using 2 characters both on sneak:
1st low lvl
2nd high lvl

You were doin caravans on dual log with this two characters to avoid fallin in new encounters, when some player joined your caravan you jumped out to get easy exp on another caravan.

When you moved to destination station you jumped out on low lvl char to avoid EXP and next lvl on 1st char.

I was invastigating it for more then a week to give you a chance for reporting this bug, you didnt and thats why you get banned,

Bug will be fixed with next update.
None of this makes any sense to me. Jumping out of the caravan to avoid getting experience? Why would anyone do that? Why would anyone get banned for that?

And "investigating?" For a week? Without saying a word? That sounds more like stalking to me.

Again, good luck keeping the server populated with an attitude like that, fascist.

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2014, 07:22:37 pm »
You found out that low lvl char with high lvl char allows you to make caravan runs withou falling in to new encounters which was inteded since 09/02/2014 update.

You havent reported it, instead You were using this exploit to lvlup Your main character.

Face the fact that You were eploting a bug instead of reporting it.

Stration

• View Profile
"Exploiting a bug?!"
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2014, 10:18:14 pm »
You found out that low lvl char with high lvl char allows you to make caravan runs withouy falling into new encounters which was intended since 09/02/2014 update.
I did?

Why hasn't anyone told me about it?

Also, if the thing was, as you say, intended to work like this, which I only now have learned, then where exactly is the exploit?

You havent reported it, instead you were using this exploit to lvlup your main character.

Face the fact that you were eploting a bug instead of reporting it.
Are you seriously telling me that I got banned for being in the same caravan as another player that happened to have a lower level than I did?

This is the single most ridiculous thing ever.

Maybe instead of stalking legitimate players & coming up with these ridiculous theories you should go for a walk; your brain seems to be in desperate need of some fresh air.

Exploiting a bug, that's a good one!

DocAN

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Exploiting a bug?!"
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2014, 10:32:42 pm »
Stop making Yourself an innocent

Both chars are Your alts, You were exploting free exp on caravan runs.

You didnt lvlup MrSneaky and You get few lvls on Prof. Torr while doing same caravan.

MrSneaky is lvl 9 while in same time Prof. Torr get few lvls from caravan runs.

You were mostly abusing Cravans to SF but not only !

Each time when some player joined to Your caravan You jumped out on both chars !

You found out that using MrSneaky [lvl 9] allows You to avoid new encounters which were added on cravan trips to stop free afk exp [changelog 09/02/2014] thats why You were doing caravan runs with both chars on dual log to get easy exp on Prof. Torr

To make things clear You are just another cheater which was catched !