April 20, 2024, 01:40:28 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: First Ever ||Wasteland Racing Contest (or simply WRC) ||  (Read 2074 times)

Gunrunner

• View Profile
First Ever ||Wasteland Racing Contest (or simply WRC) ||
« on: February 16, 2014, 12:49:59 am »
I'm currently working on Wasteland Racing idea and looking to organize  few (faction representing) teams (I think 6 is enough for Top Division). In each team two cars will participate, earning points for that team  , but every single car will require 2 players to operate it (one driving and another doing navigation stuff). 

Safe house can be used as start line for now, and another few safe houses will work as a checkpoints. When start command is given, drivers assistants (or navigators, whatever)  from each of the team picks up the map of the ground and reading it. It will show the next checkpoint (yet to be discovered). Then drivers assistant gives this map to a driver to read. They both then need to get into car and try to find the location and reach it as quick as possible. There they will discover map of another checkpoint. Special staff will be hired to observe the situation (and to prevent wrongdoing) in every single checkpoint. And so on with the checkpoints until a car reach the finish line (same location as start line). That will be the first lap and now driver will  need to attend all the checkpoints again, in the same order (with drivers mate help) . Of course, without reading map anymore starting from second lap, as its already will be done. I don't know yet how many laps is enough, I'm currently testing all the stuff and will be giving you feedback. But your help is also much appreciated!

I also want to add some features like pit stops to make racing more interesting. Maybe racers will have to bring broken cars ( about 70-80 %, or anything like that, it depends, but to make it impossible to finish the race with out repairing car) to the event ? I don't know yet. Hm, what else? Fueling feature may be very interesting, its when the teams bringing cars to the event with low fuel in tank (required amount will be set and announced before Wasteland Racing Day) .  Racers will not be able to complete the entire race without refueling. Fuel amount that could be added to each car per one go (well, one pit stop) will be low, making drivers  do few refuels per race (carefully calculating when its better to fill the tank again). Pit stops will be only available if requested over radio by drivers assistant! If car is totaled or out of fuel completely somewhere not in the designated area , then car considered disqualified. I wanted Buggy to be the car for the first season in Top Division Wasteland Racing Contest. but we will see how it goes. Scout could to be more realistic option if we want to prevent er, once again, any wrongdoing (to put special staff member to each of the car). OMG, its not easy-to-organize event! But, if done once monthly, i don't think it is that bad idea. Worth trying! 

I do have time now well, to try and finish the work. And a lot depends on money the project will be getting. Oh no, not the profits. I want to spend as much my own caps, as I can on it! Teams will need wages, I believe few hundred thousands (or maybe even few million) caps per race, each team! Not much I can do on my own, so sponsors will be much needed! I don't know, maybe sponsorship deals to advertise players shops during the race? It could be the good way to cover the cost of the Race Day organization. Yeah and some more about the marketing. Limited amount of tickets will be available to sell (maps with the Start/Finish Line location), i think is also important part. Prices still to be decided, but it is too early to discuss that bit.

If you have any ideas or recommendations, feel free to ask in this thread. 

PS. If there is any bookmakers around, please contact the Wasteland Racing Senior Management Team. Betting will become available right before first stage of the Wasteland Racing Contest.

Thanks for reading!
Mr Gunrunner,
Chief executive officer,
Wasteland Racing Management Team

Registered office: New California Republic road, safe house number 787. Radio Channel: 4221   
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 01:20:21 am by Gunrunner »

Gunrunner

• View Profile
Re: First Ever ||Wasteland Racing Contest (or simply WRC) ||
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2014, 01:29:43 am »
Update : Probably will be whether driver only or one car teams only contest. Red my post above once again and realized it was too many participants so decided to cut it a bit.

You can submit your participation request by sending me PM with your drivers and his assistants (possibly just replacement driver) details, your pit crew main engineer details and your teams desired name (or you can just use your faction name).

Please note, only recognized factions will be allowed to participate as Racing Teams at the event. In some cases several positive references may be needed.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2014, 01:30:51 am »
NOOOOOO!!!
You stole my idea!  ;_;

Well anyways, it's a nice event concept, so good luck with it. :D

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 01:42:18 am »
NOOOOOO!!!
You stole my idea!  ;_;

Well anyways, it's a nice event concept, so good luck with it. :D

Thank you!

Small update: Not sure if selling the tickets as a map is a good idea. Event could be messed up if more than expected visitors turn up. Best way is to lead i think. But still to be considered.

Gunrunner

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:57:14 am »
VACANCY UPDATE:

Now recruiting :

1) Reporter - Broadcasting live (race commentary )  on specially assigned radio channel for people in all major cities! Radios will be installed in most bars in NCR, New Reno, Hub, San Francisco and many others. Looking for talented, bright reporter to do amazing live commentary for amazing race! 

2) Presenter - To do the same - commentary, with one difference - You will do it in front of audience, most of who is very rich, known and respected! In front of lucky enough ticket holders. To be a presenter there, it is a big honor. You will be remembered!

3) Girls with any of cute npc skins (Like New Reno's Kitty), please do apply for advertising model role, promoting our sponsors offers in front of the huge crowd, filled with famous people.

More vacancies coming soon.