April 25, 2024, 07:22:54 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Faction/town control radio system  (Read 1906 times)

Kink

• View Profile
    • Tim & Tom & Ted Lawyers Agency
Faction/town control radio system
« on: September 09, 2013, 01:25:27 pm »
Hep again : Faction wich is in control of a town could be able to use a specific radio channel conneccted to speakers all around the town (it was almost done in redding during a while on 2238 i think 2 years ago).

This way the faction controlling a town can broadcast information without bullshit through th whole town and for example announces city protected, remembering militia rules, etc... Maybe automatic sentences for militia settings and possibility to faction players to broadcost more info (like battle/badasses on a spawn, or in mine,etc..).

I know a part of it is easy to make, but some features might be maybe a bit complicated. Don't know if your interested in the concept... it's all about enhancing controlled city system.

Kink

• View Profile
Re: Faction/town control radio system
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2013, 01:32:14 pm »
Example : one radio per buildings.

examples of automatic sentences : "Faction in control is the TTTLA" "Remember that it's forbidden to wear weapons in town" or any other rules fixed.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2013, 06:53:17 pm »
Need more details on this how it would exactly work.

Kink

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:07 am »
Radios are hidden and unlootable in some building corner (don't know how you can do it with the mapper, but they were totally hidden on 2238) ; the aim is that everywhere in town if you walk/run you might see what is told to the radio.

the radios in town are controlled by :
  • an automatic script wich tells in cycle "the town is under control of XXX team", "Wearing weapon is forbidden during martial law", "no specific law in town", etc.
  • Players from the faction controlling the town for their own manual announcement

This could be private radio channel : 9999 for redding, 9998 fo BH, etc. People form the faction controlling the town can broadcast on it, other wastelanders can only listen(because not of the faction).

Automatic announces might be on short cycle, one sentence every minute or 2 minutes.

This allow wastelander to know about faction wich is in control and the rules they fixed in town.

This also allow faction controlling the town to warn about imminent attack during TC window (even without radio, because there is some almost everywhere in town).

I hope you see the idea of a restricted radio channel, i'm pretty sure facing what i saw last days in controlled town this could be a real plus.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 08:03:15 am »
Wasn't Militia already say something like that?

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 08:20:04 am »
Militia is a completely different thing.

Automatic script sounds a bit boring, would get old after few minutes. But:
As you all know, every faction has it's "own" random radio channel. Maybe we could use it so every message through such channel would be broadcasted by some announcement devices inside the town (ofc if that faction is in control).
Ofc it could be abused if someone knows the channel but the channel can also be changed from faction terminal so I guess it's not a big problem.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 08:31:48 am »
Broadcast on all channels whitin 1-2 squares away from the city and in all maps in that city
I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Kink

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 09:31:51 am »
Sounds good, don't know what's is the best options, but it might really enhanced northern town... Hope southern bluesuits will know it so maybe better to broadcast everywhere..