April 24, 2024, 01:17:52 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: More details about critical roll table?  (Read 2145 times)

nivky

• View Profile
More details about critical roll table?
« on: January 19, 2014, 09:55:19 am »
1. There are six levels (ROLL) of critical effect, higher is more destructive to target, but the requirements are greater for the attacker (for example perk Better Criticals provides highest 6th level of the table, but trait Heavy Handed truncate table to 3 levels of table (with perk BC gives max 4th level)).

2. Critcal effect (ROLL) is conditioned on aimed part of body, on attacker STATs: Critical Chance, perks, used weapon bonus, on targets perks, stats, armors/helmet critical modifiers (too much to explain this in details).

Code: [Select]
ROLL = Random(0, 100) + bonusbonus - it is a sum of perks, armor, weapon bonuses etc.

1. What I understand from this is that each level of critical effects is assigned a range of numbers: level 1 ranges from 0 to a; level 2 ranges from a+1 to b; etc... Thus when a critical occurs, the game rolls a number between 0 and 100, sum the bonus and the resulting number determines the critical effect based on the range which the sum belongs to. Is this correct?

2. If 1. is true, then each character has a critical effect level that he can't go past because of his stats? Or getting 100 in the Random(0, 100) is enough to allow a character with low bonuses to get the sixth level?

3. Is there any way for me to know more about these exact values? I want to know exactly how the roll and the bonuses work so I can estimate how valuable each point of luck is. I have seen the critical effect table, however it is not enough if you don't know how often the luck test is gonna be triggered.

mojuk

• View Profile
Re: More details about critical roll table?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 11:51:10 am »
At first roll = Random(0, 100)
Then you add other bonuses:
+ bonus weapon critical roll
-10 men of steel
- armor crit power mod
+20 better criticals
-20 heavy handed
+25 hth criticals
+10 silent death
-10 bonehead vs head/eye shots

Then your final roll value transform into value you use in critical hit table like this:
Code: [Select]
if(roll <= 20)
            roll = 0;
        else if(roll <= 45)
            roll = 1;
        else if(roll <= 70)
            roll = 2;
        else if(roll <= 90)
            roll = 3;
        else if(roll <= 100)
            roll = 4;
        else
            roll = 5;

So you get same chance to get roll = 5 with 1 luck as with 10 luck. What counts in this situation is your and your enemy perks/traits/bonuses.

Luck is used for two other things:
- on attack it gives you more chance to score critical hit
- on defence  it's used in additional rolls comming from certain criticals like roll(1, 10) vs your luck to decide if you also add armor baypass to critical effects
:facepalm

nivky

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:57:15 pm »
Awesome answer. Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you get that info?

mojuk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »
Core info is from public 2238 sources + Reloaded changelogs + talks from the past with right people when I wanted to know that myself ;P
:facepalm