March 29, 2024, 02:41:06 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: FOnline Font Utilities - FOFNT Maker/Text Splitter [PHOTOSHOP]  (Read 3876 times)

phatskat

• View Profile
FOnline Font Utilities - FOFNT Maker/Text Splitter [PHOTOSHOP]
« on: December 12, 2013, 02:20:59 am »
Well, in case you missed my earlier post here...I was having some trouble making a font. After a long day at work and most of it working on this, I present some easy-to-use tools to hopefully help others who want to make fonts.

The scripts are simple JavaScript (ExtendScript) for PhotoShop. I tested against CS6. One script splits a whole word into layers by character. Those can then be copied to another PSD. Once you've filled your target PSD with all of the characters for your font, you can use the other script to create an FOFNT file that FOnline understands.

Files are available on GitHub: https://github.com/phatsk/FOTools

Hope this helps someone else - after about 30 minutes to line up 4 characters I knew there had to be a better way...

Kelin

• View Profile
Re: FOnline Font Utilities - FOFNT Maker/Text Splitter [PHOTOSHOP]
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:35:24 am »
Thanks for contribution to the community, I think you should publish your work here http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/board,51.0.html, your script seems to be very useful for GUI modders, though I only read the code (because I don’t have Photoshop).

phatskat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 02:26:04 pm »
Thanks for the tip - as you can tell, I'm not too familiar with the various communities yet. I've barely spent any time over at NMA...

Strike

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 04:14:27 pm »
I don't have photoshop either, I think your should make totally new project that doesn't need photoshop or other programs.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 04:51:07 pm by Strike »

phatskat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 06:12:12 pm »
I don't have photoshop either, I think your should make totally new project that doesn't need photoshop or other programs.

What would be preferable here? I could do a PHP/gd script, possibly something with HTML5/Javascript? GIMP doesn't support JSX/ExtendScript, however this could all be done (in theory) with ScriptFU. Let me know what would be the most useful here in the community and I'll see what I can do - sorry, no C++ here though :P

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 07:36:07 pm »
Photoshop is de facto the industry standard, if somebody needs to process any kind of advanced bitmap graphics, he probably uses this program, anyway.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 07:52:09 pm by Kelin »

phatskat

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2013, 02:52:25 pm »
Looks like b__B over at the fodev forums beat me to a non-Photoshop solution - check it out: http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29507.0.html