Username:

Password:

Topic: Bases  (Read 6970 times)

Raspoutine

• View Profile
Bases
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:23:12 am »
Hi,

Me and some friends are in the market to get a base, so we're browsing the wiki to decide what to get and so forth, but still have some interrogations:

1 - What justifies the 40,000 caps difference between the Depot and the Scraphead? I understand that the Scraphead provides more space and brahmins, but does this really explain the price difference?

2 - Where can we see how many cars it is possible to park per base?

3 - I don't understand why the Scraphead provides less ressource than other bases. Do ressources appear at faster rates in other settlements?

Thank you.

apocalypseman

• View Profile
Re: Bases
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 10:29:25 pm »
You're better off constructing the base. That way it only costs 10k and then you and your friends collect the mats for the base construction.

I always go for the Outpost.
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

Fafnir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2013, 12:01:39 am »
1 - What justifies the 40,000 caps difference between the Depot and the Scraphead? I understand that the Scraphead provides more space and brahmins, but does this really explain the price difference?

There is no cost difference. All normal bases cost 10k caps, the bunker base costs 350k,

2 - Where can we see how many cars it is possible to park per base?

10 cars per location.

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2013, 07:21:13 am »
You have 2 choices with bases:

- it cost you 10'000 caps, you have to bring material to build the base (not very hard but need time) and you can place the base where you want!
Only depot, Scrapheap, Outpost and Trapper camp are available.

- it cost you more (30K, 50K, 130K, etc...): no need to bring material but you can't place the base. It will be barely around the town where you bought it, but can be too far to make the base interesting.
I advice you to do it only if you want a Gas station, Caves or a Bunker because you can't build them.

Personnally my favourite base it the Depot, because the base is beautiful and not too big; I find Outpost boring with his high number of car places, especially when you spawn on the left with the car.
But Outpost can be a really usefull base, as it's provide meat and lots of brahmin shits (Jet component)

By the way it's not 10 car per location; it's something like 6 for Depot and 14 for Outpost.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 07:24:48 am by Kascin »

Raspoutine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2013, 03:11:55 pm »
Thanks guys. As we won't go the DYI way, we'll finally choose the Depot base - it looks cool indeed.

Justice

• no.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ci.anderson.ca.us/
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 06:45:13 pm »
how build base? I have money and junk, not sure what do to next. do I buy base and bring them there or do I have it with me or other thing?
you can forgive, I not speak english. not very good.

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 08:32:19 pm »
First thing, just take a look on the wiki.

First thing, you have to buy a base between Trapper camp, Depot, Outpost and Scrapheap.
At this moment you will have to say the name of your faction (only factions can buy bases). Type ~freefactionnames (or ~ffn) and make your choice. Or course you have to do this before buying the base.

Once you have paid your base, a guy will follow you. You have to bring him where you want to build your base.

When you are where you want to build it, talk to the guy. He will create a building site.
This is on the building site you have to bring all your ressources.

Justice

• no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2013, 05:39:22 am »
not answers question..... do i take him there then leave him there and bring him stuff, do I build tent, bring stuff there then bring him? wiki not helpful here, only tells how much to get and pay.

apocalypseman

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2013, 07:41:55 am »
You find location, tell the worker this is the spot. Then you bring the materials to the location. Once you have all the mats there, talk to the worker and he will build the base.
Adapt to the harshness or become one with the dust.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2013, 09:31:09 am »
you can check actual status at construction at bulletin board

Justice

• no.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2013, 03:54:07 pm »
You find location, tell the worker this is the spot. Then you bring the materials to the location. Once you have all the mats there, talk to the worker and he will build the base.
ok thank you!!!

can include on wiki?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2013, 03:56:09 pm by Justice »

Raspoutine

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 10:48:59 am »
I have other questions if you don't mind:

- Can a faction buy more than 1 base?
- If a friend of the faction dies, will the leader need to bring him to the base again to allow him to see it on the world map? Or is it applicable only when the friend dies in the base?
- Is it possible to allocate a friend in a specific base, or will a friend of the faction be able to see all the faction's bases?

For the last question I suppose that a friend can only see a base on the world map when someone brings him to the location but I am not really sure.

Spaulding

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 12:43:58 pm »
Dears,

Is the wiki information on DYI bases up-to-date?

I would like to ensure that a scraphead indeed costs 10,000 caps + 0 wood + 350 junks + 50 metal parts + 10 electronic parts + 0 brahmin hides.

Can a faction buy more than 1 base?

If the wiki is right it shoud be possible:

"Buying additional bases with the same faction leader does not require having two other players in your party and you do not have to give the faction name again."
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 12:46:40 pm by Spaulding »

Kascin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 03:39:52 pm »
- Can a faction buy more than 1 base?

- If a friend of the faction dies, will the leader need to bring him to the base again to allow him to see it on the world map? Or is it applicable only when the friend dies in the base?

I don't really know if he can see or not the base if he dies in, but I'm sure if he dies out the base he will still see it.

- Is it possible to allocate a friend in a specific base, or will a friend of the faction be able to see all the faction's bases?

He will see all the bases the friends are allowed to see.
Each base have an individual setting. You can allow friends and your faction members in one base, you can allow friends and disallow faction members in another base, you can disallow friends and new recruits in another. It's pretty convenient when you know how to use it.

For the last question I suppose that a friend can only see a base on the world map when someone brings him to the location but I am not really sure.

I have no base for the moment, so I haven't tested on Reloaded.
On 2238 the system has changed some times, but at the end it's wasn't necessary to bring a friend in the base. The base appeared on his worldmap as soon as you allowed him.

Rodherz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 04:52:48 am »
hey guys i'd like to know if could i,(only me), buy a base since i got no gang, just me?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 05:01:56 am by Rodherz »