May 13, 2024, 05:08:20 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Electronic parts not respawning?  (Read 5999 times)

gnjisa

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Electronic parts not respawning?
« on: November 26, 2013, 12:01:21 pm »
Yesterday I farmed electronic parts from my base - today they didn't respawn.

I tried Theme park and Waterworks - same situation.

They seem to be not respawning.

ElSlayer

• Paladin
    • View Profile
    • [Top-notch Сasual Dating  Verified Females]
Re: Electronic parts not respawning?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 01:08:31 pm »
Jeez...
I though that someone has put a bot near every single source of EP
and that they are faster than me for a little cuz everytime I come - the computer is empty as if not a single EP wasn't spawned yet.

But if you say that they don't respawn in your base...

I think that I need to take care of my paranoia  :D

Or maybe... you're trying to cover up your boting... huh?   :o

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 11:52:49 pm »
It's been a long while since I've been able to gather electronic parts as well, coming up on two weeks. I realize that a lot of people who don't produce small energy cells for vehicles and don't produce/use energy weapons and ammo may not see this as a large issue, but for us that use electronic parts and energy weapons this is a crippling bug, especially for those of us who use energy weapons exclusively. I realize that many have alternative characters to play but for those of us who don't, we can't do anything short of blowing some dude behind Dusty's Cantina for some e-parts or starting a new character altogether.

Maybe I'm a minority in saying this, but I'm from a very small faction who doesn't have a reserve of electronic parts to save us from this kind of (completely unexpectible) drought of resources. I play with a few close friends, so we're not a behemoth of a faction like Bang Bang Smash, The Pistoleros, or anyone else, but we're also not dirt-poor like a lot of small groups. We don't currently have the manpower to gather energy weapon-related resources by hunting, so I've been left for the past while now doing chores for the base and attempting to train up my small guns skill so I can be useful again.

This is an issue that needs immediate attention. It is understandable if the devs are focused on something else right now and can't put the time into it, or are planning on restocking the centuries-old motherboard receptacles in an upcoming update, but we need some pink (maybe green?) ribbons on the bumpers of our Hummers.

Has anyone found a good work-around for the broken computers finally running out of video cards? Any input on how to keep on my feet as an energy weapons user would be greatly appreciated.

ElSlayer

• Paladin
    • View Profile
    • [Top-notch Сasual Dating  Verified Females]
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 10:33:58 am »
Has anyone found a good work-around for the broken computers finally running out of video cards? Any input on how to keep on my feet as an energy weapons user would be greatly appreciated.
Yes. WTS SEC, MFC! :D

If serious - try footlockers in random encounters (requires lockpick skill)
They may contain Electronic Parts themselves or items, that can be dismantled in order to obtain them - Laser Pistol, Cattle Prod, Power Fist... maybe something else.

OskaRus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 09:30:54 am »
kilgore tried restarting maps but it apparently didnt help. Eparts still dont respawn. You can farm and science laser rifles from super mutant remnants or unity patrol. Can be done with M60 or avanger minigun. I must say that avangers are easier to get. Enclave patrols also have nice assortment of energy weapons for eparts but you need laser gatling for farming them imho.

Strike

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2013, 09:40:01 am »
kilgore tried restarting maps but it apparently didnt help.
Damn :(
Just what on earth happened to EP respawn thing..

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2013, 09:44:01 am »
They aren't bugged,it seems like they do respawn but like in 30minutes time replication which can't be "touched" which means if there is perhaps 30min. replication for them and someone will come  try to gather after 28 minutes the timer restart and you need to wait 30minutes again,people have no idea about it so they refil the timer almost everytime and then it seems to be like it isn't respawning at all,another thing is that i have no idea how long is that replication timer,the 30minutes was just example...

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2013, 05:12:51 pm »
How can you be sure they're not bugged? It's bee weeks since I've even been able to get a single one out of the Themepark, Waterworks, San Fran mine, Vault 15, or the Junkyard, and I check fairly regularly. It took me a while to see what you were saying about the timer resetting, and that is a huge bummer if that's the case. I really wish they'd fix this. If it were ores or minerals not spawning the whole market would collapse on itself, at least to a certain degree  :-\

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2013, 07:54:44 pm »
I vote for bugged too. Even if the rate is very slow, we'd get something now and then and I'm not finding any at all at the usual places no matter when i check. I've been holding back posting this comment until i finally found one so i could say "no, they are just slow", but zero every time i try screams bug to me.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 08:55:37 pm by Henry »

Stromkern

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2013, 08:34:20 pm »
If the timer is getting reset at every attempt to retrieve some parts, then it's pretty much "bugged" regardless of what you want to call it.

I have not seen any electronic parts for about 10 days anywhere.

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2013, 12:48:35 am »
It's likely that the respawn timer is bugged,
just like the script responsible for car prices that constantly resets atm.

Instead of respawning EPs or adjusting car prices the timers reset endlessly
and the scripts can't carry out their respective functions.

Since players also experience this in their bases it's unlikely to be linked to someone interacting with anything.

Probably some script that's been added during one of the last updates conflicts with the scripts in question.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 12:51:21 am by Sperber »

plenty

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2013, 02:28:48 am »
EP don't respawn in bunkers either. Watched over several hours.

Wild guess, could it have anything to do with the 10 min server backup reseting the timer (or smt like that)?

Strike

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2013, 11:55:37 am »
They aren't bugged..
Reboot won't fix that, so it's a waste of time. What I need is to fix the bug.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2013, 01:53:41 pm »
Yeah, I confirm there is a bug with respawn of Electronic Parts, not invisible bluesuits taking all spare parts all the time :P

It's difficult to me to find a reason for this bug, as nothing was changed in gathering scripts since weeks or months.
With the next update, I'll try some hotfix which seems to be working when I test it locally.

plazmafried

• Wiki Editor
  • wiki editor
    • View Profile
    • random stuff
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2013, 12:53:51 am »
the Gunrunner mutant hideout quest spawns 5-12 Eparts on one of the tables