May 04, 2024, 05:48:12 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: What do you think about this...  (Read 4134 times)

Furior

• View Profile
What do you think about this...
« on: November 24, 2013, 10:26:30 pm »
I was reading the GM auction when I read
"« Reply #20 on: Today at 12:09:32 PM »
To stop this bullshit ill give 1 implant to see this "amazing" bot which is gathering broc flowers from random encounters with random mobs spawned in encounter randomaly, then in Your theory bot moves to tent [he can get random enc over it] he put the flowers on ground and moving back to random encounter..... Madnass. And You think that such a bot will be more effective then a player, nonsense !"

So I made a bot, and i summoned Docan you show it the bot and received that implant. My bot took broc flowers from random enc, even with mobs there, and then go to the WM and repeat the action again, and again. The bot cant simply die, cos geckos and radcorpions are the only thing that spawms there, and my merc protects me ( he had 2 weapons and 2000 ammo inside) and my bot is placed far away, so players wouldnt be a problem. I have to say, that my bot didnt move to my tent (unneccesary, dieing is very unprobable). I have to say my bot had some bugs, I easily fixed. My bot took 135 broc in 30-35min.

Then i asked for the implant, But docan told me a few reason to deny that: What if....
-The merc has 2 gun drops
-A player kills you
-Etc
Unprobable things, that ofc can happen but can be fixed easily. IMO, pointless things...
Then he told me my bot didnt go to tent, and I told him i could do that....but I would not receive the implant.
And then the most important reason: My bots cant take as many broc as other players. To this I tried to explain him, that I agree with that, but my bot do not need to rest and players usually need to, also bots can make a big diference between players, so if two players that gets the same amount of resources and play the same time, but then, one of them let a bot (like mine) work during the night would get much more brocs.

Well, too much time wasted and it seems im not getting anything (Docan offered me a skin...So anything)
This remind me 2238 server, where you found a vertibird, reported it and you got it away from you and you got a cookie instead.

Id like docan to explain himself and check if I understood something wrong or the rest of the players though like i did.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:14:57 am by Furior »

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Re: What do you think about this...
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2013, 10:47:53 pm »
It baffles me how the administration seems to be unable to accept that obvious fact: Brok flowers can and are being gathered by bots.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2013, 11:12:17 pm »
Bots shouldn't even be allowed in the first place

gives everyone else a huge advantage while other players really play the game
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 11:18:38 pm by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

duki

• Know Your Role!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2013, 11:15:57 pm »
i dont like the sound of it. This boting topic stinks!

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2013, 11:46:11 pm »

To stop this bullshit ill give 1 implant to see this "amazing" bot which is gathering broc flowers from random encounters with random mobs spawned in encounter randomaly, then in Your theory bot moves to tent [he can get random enc over it] he put the flowers on ground and moving back to random encounter..... Madnass. And You think that such a bot will be more effective then a player, nonsense !"

You havent proved that bot can gather more broc flowers then a player and this is what players were saying, previously on irc and then later on forum.

" BTW docAN, Mobs in encs are not an issue when you have a macro that Clicks 100 times on every part of screen in less then 2 seconds with a mini gun. Then clicks 200 times for broc and once it finds it it picks it up then does another 200 clicks then another 200 clicks then leaves enc to exit after 30 seconds and does it again.
"
You made some bot which gathered around 150+ / hour and You want to get an implant for that ?
Does it proves that bot is more effective then a player ? Nope it doesnt  !

So im still waiting to see this imba bot in works !

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2013, 11:51:01 pm »
Do the math, 24x150 (I am sure the bot can be optimized to gather more though) x5 days of auction time x2 bots on one machine at least = about 50k.
Find me a player who will gather that many. Seriously, its like you have a blind spot in your vision.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2013, 11:53:53 pm »
It is no problem for a player to gather 500-800 flowers in an hour

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2013, 11:55:36 pm »
I think that we can make a rule that will forbid using bots, if that's what players want.

Not that it will eliminate botting completely, as they will keep doing it on their 1 lvl characters.

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2013, 12:17:13 am »

Yeah, but any normal human being would have enough for whole day after gathering flowers for 1-2 hours (Is there anyone who even gathered those flowers for more than 1 hour?). I had enough after 20-30 minutes...
That bot probably could be optimized and have even better results. And it can run 24/7. And you can duallog. Hell, you could probably even triple/quadruple log... So all in all, yes, it WILL have better results than any human player.

So lets count:
Let's assume most efficient player does the gathering for 3 hours each day (I doubt anyone would be so insane...).
3 x 5 x 800 = 12000
(hours x days x flowers per hour)

Now bot, running with 24 hours with "bad efficiency", without counting the duallog option:
24 x 5 x 135 = 16200

Bot wins. And the botting player saved his brain from dying...

Furior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2013, 01:05:01 am »
You havent proved that bot can gather more broc flowers then a player and this is what players were saying, previously on irc and then later on forum.

You made some bot which gathered around 150+ / hour and You want to get an implant for that ?
Does it proves that bot is more effective then a player ? Nope it doesnt  !

So im still waiting to see this imba bot in works !

And then the most important reason: My bots cant take as many broc as other players. To this I tried to explain him, that I agree with that, but my bot do not need to rest and players usually need to, also bots can make a big diference between players, so if two players that gets the same amount of resources and play the same time, but then, one of them, let a bot (like mine) work during the night would get much more brocs.

Yeah, but any normal human being would have enough for whole day after gathering flowers for 1-2 hours (Is there anyone who even gathered those flowers for more than 1 hour?). I had enough after 20-30 minutes...
That bot probably could be optimized and have even better results. And it can run 24/7. And you can duallog. Hell, you could probably even triple/quadruple log... So all in all, yes, it WILL have better results than any human player.

So lets count:
Let's assume most efficient player does the gathering for 3 hours each day (I doubt anyone would be so insane...).
3 x 5 x 800 = 12000
(hours x days x flowers per hour)

Now bot, running with 24 hours with "bad efficiency", without counting the duallog option:
24 x 5 x 135 = 16200

Bot wins. And the botting player saved his brain from dying...

Btw the bot gathered 135 flowers in 30 mins.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 01:09:56 am by Furior »

Ivic777

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 01:10:32 am »
But cuz you are from Pistoleros you wont get a shit, Furior. When i reported exploit i also didnt get anything, so our bad is that we are not BBS. ;)

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 01:22:08 am »
But cuz you are from Pistoleros you wont get a shit, Furior. When i reported exploit i also didnt get anything, so our bad is that we are not BBS. ;)

You can get 7-day ban, just like BBS had.

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Supporter
  • stereotypical hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:46 pm »
Beware of the scammer DocAN

Strike

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 06:41:30 pm »
I think that we can make a rule that will forbid using bots, if that's what players want.
Finally! something good, maybe :D

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2014, 08:28:59 pm »

pliz show us on movie beacuse i dont belave it is imposible
King Kong anin't got shit on me!