March 28, 2024, 07:19:18 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Events funding - Letoo's foundation.  (Read 8941 times)

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
Events funding - Letoo's foundation.
« on: November 22, 2013, 02:01:05 pm »
I think it's obvious to everyone that this server lacks interesting events. I am sure the community is full of creative people with plenty of ideas for player-made events, but at the same time they might lack the funds for the prize that is necessary to bring players' attention.

I am willing to help you with that.

Send me your ideas for events and be as detailed as possible and if I like it, I will gladly provide you with the funds for the prize and help with the setup if needed. Depending on the scale of the event, we're talking about sums reaching 200k, cars, rare and unique weapons, etc. To old players it might not seem like much, but I am sure that it would be a real kick-start for the newcomers we see joining us every day.

Important factors to consider:
  • Another obvious fact is that Fonline community doesn't lack assholes, so the ideas need to take that into consideration, we dont want a single person to spoil the whole thing so make it as scum-proof as possible.
  • Be realistic, an idea itself is one thing, the implementation is another, it has to be doable.
  • It should be objective, I'd prefer if the outcome didn't depend on the participants' resources, pvp gear capabilities or depth of the wallets.
  • What should the event be you might ask? Each idea will be considered individually. It can be a race, roleplaying quest, hide and seek with a twist... totally up to you.
  • Update: To motivate your creativity successful events' creators shall be rewarded as well (details to be discussed individually).
  • Send the ideas through PM to prevent spoilers.

If you like the idea I proposed here, you might also want to become a benefactor, even though I am perfectly capable of funding few events myself every cap/item donated to the foundation will increase the rewards.

I am also hopeful that with the idea interesting and reasonable enough, we could count on GMs' assistance.

What are you thoughts?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:00:29 pm by Letoo »
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
Re: Events funding - Letoo's foundation.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2013, 02:20:12 pm »
Good idea. Online games rise and fall with their communities so player-made events would be great.

Rubber Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2013, 02:56:50 pm »
I think that this is very kind of you and it sounds like the right thing to do atm. Also it sounds fun and it would, like you said, be very good for new or "low-play time players". I like it!!! Maybe I try to figure out some events myself.

Strike

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2013, 02:58:12 pm »
More events is always good for online games. Player made, only if GM help is used :)

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 03:06:31 pm »
How about "airsoft"event? Tourament with BB guns,i would really enjoy that,imagine such airsoft battle in Reno,the only one armor could be there leather jacket...
Everybody could bring their own airsoft guns (own crafted bb guns) and leather jackets,or you could get one in starting with full mag for free...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 03:08:20 pm by kill n die »

What doesn't kill you,makes you stronger...

Pollux

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2013, 03:13:48 pm »
Kill n Die your idea would be awesome but on event like that there would be a lot of players who ignore the rules and come with ca and other high tier items.

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2013, 03:15:47 pm »
Kill n Die your idea would be awesome but on event like that there would be a lot of players who ignore the rules and come with ca and other high tier items.
Thats why it needs GM support...

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2013, 03:23:31 pm »
How about "airsoft"event? Tourament with BB guns,i would really enjoy that,imagine such airsoft battle in Reno,the only one armor could be there leather jacket...
Everybody could bring their own airsoft guns (own crafted bb guns) and leather jackets,or you could get one in starting with full mag for free...

I like the idea, but I am pretty sure there would be plenty of people not playing by the rules and bringing different weapons etc. Are bb guns available on Hinkley? Maybe that could be a workaround.

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

kill n die

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2013, 03:25:17 pm »

I like the idea, but I am pretty sure there would be plenty of people not playing by the rules and bringing different weapons etc. Are bb guns available on Hinkley? Maybe that could be a workaround.
nope,it isn't but that would be a matter of minute in update if needed,anyway in hinkley could be same problem (gear beyond of rules) if there wouldn't be any GM support...
Most suitable location would be New Reno anyway...

shadowsight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2013, 04:16:39 pm »
Why not doing something simple like this :
- Participants gather at a guarded city like NCR or VC with a leader that will lead to the event location .
- All use suicide command . This way , all participants will have no weapons , no armors and respawn at same place .
- The leader lead all to the event location , with weapons and armors prepared for the event . Someone with CA and heavy weapon will act as event observer if no GM helps .

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2013, 06:48:35 pm »
Why not doing something simple like this :
- Participants gather at a guarded city like NCR or VC with a leader that will lead to the event location .
- All use suicide command . This way , all participants will have no weapons , no armors and respawn at same place .
- The leader lead all to the event location , with weapons and armors prepared for the event . Someone with CA and heavy weapon will act as event observer if no GM helps .

That gave me an interesting idea, good input! :)

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Lindsey

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2013, 06:54:34 pm »
I approve of this brilliant idea, will contribute to thread after I think creatively for a bit...

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2013, 07:09:32 pm »
WASTELAND RALLYE 2247

Players meet with their car of choice at the barter grounds.
There they will be told a couple of checkpoints where they have to obtain a certain item.
The items should probably be created specifically for this event so no one can cheat.
Checkpoints will be guarded by trustworthy players, but PvP could still happen.
Goal and victory ceremony are at barter grounds.

Winner gets a trophy, whatever players are willing to donate and the lead foot perk.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:12:11 pm by Sperber »

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2013, 07:28:23 pm »
I've already thought about it, but there are some issues to discuss:
I think barters ground have limited parking spots so the amount of contestants would have to be limited (anyone knows the actual number?)
Adding lead foot perk requires GMs to do some work, I am not sure whether they have time for that, to be honest I think that at first we should organize something ourselves to show that we're honest and capable. Possible reward I could fund: Brand new corvega.
Lets assume we have to do without GMs help, the checkpoint items would need to be rare yet unique. I think I have some ideas for that.
Rich people with Corvegas and Verti would have a significant advantage and that's something I'd like to prevent. Same type of car maybe?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2013, 07:31:27 pm by Letoo »

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Sperber

• Wiki Editor
  • Forum Comedian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2013, 07:45:25 pm »
Either participants are limited to parking spots
or maybe people should come without cars at the start
and everyone who gets a parking spot and has all the items in the end wins.

The lead foot perk was just a suggestion if the GMs approve of the event.
Obviously the trophy and special tokens fall flat as well if they don't care.