April 19, 2024, 11:42:43 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Free Miners Federation (Now Hiring!)  (Read 10329 times)

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
Free Miners Federation (Now Hiring!)
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:01:25 am »

Faction Name: Free Miners Federation
Disposition: Friendly, Traders, Manufacturers and Caravan Runners
Contact: PM ApocaRUFF, visit our public forums, or visit us at the #FMF IRC Channel. Or simply post in this thread :)
Leadership: ApocaRUFF (Director)

The Free Miners Federation has recently formed in the Wasteland! We are a group of miners, crafters, and individuals who are fed up with the hostility and opression that is rampant in the wasteland, and we have decided to stand up to it! However, first and foremost we are a business and our goal is to make profits and strike it rich... Even if that means providing the weapons and tools used to opress the masses!

The goal of the Free Miners Federation (or FMF) is to provide an environment where like-minded players can work together to gain resources, produce items, and sell to other factions (or individuals) for profit! So, what are we looking for?

Miners - Miner is the title given to anyone in the FMF that makes it their job to gain resources for the Smiths! However, there is a sub-ranking called Prospector which is someone who specializes in finding useful junk in the urban areas of the Wasteland.
Smiths - A Smith is someone who has focused on crafting and works towards gaining profiency in one or more professions, gathering blueprints for themselves to improve their available library of craftable items. Depending on your specialty, you will gain a pre-fix to "smith". Examples being Gunsmith, Armorsmith, Drugsmith.
Caravaners - These are the individuals who want to play mailman and make deliveries on behalf of the FMF. You will work towards gaining Brahmin, vehicles, or whatever else you may need to transport goods in groups to locations.
Security Contractors - These individuals work as the security force of the FMF. They protect our caravans, defend our assets, and take care of our enemies. Is there raider nearby that needs dispatching? Security is there to protect you.

Depending on your area of expertise within the FMF, you will get a specialized insignia and forum signature to represent that. I will work on producing these soon.

What we look for in a member
  • Maturity - You don't have to be 35 and have a loving family, but you need to act like it. If you enjoy calling others homophobic or racial slurs - good for you, do it on your own time. When you represent the FMF, you do not do that.
  • Dedication - We are just starting off and there is only a few members for now. Because of that, you may need to work extra hard, fill extra roles within the FMF, or go above and beyond the call of duty in many situations.
  • Goal-Oriented - The FMF is ambitious and we need people who can stay motivated and accomplish goals.
  • New or Veteran - We accept both. In fact, it would almost be preferred if you were new, as a new person has a certain awe towards the game that goes away all to fast. It is that, "damn this game is amazing" feeling that you get when you're first introduced to FO:R that is the driving force behind the FMF. However, if you're a veteran who knows his stuff, please come play mentor! Maybe even become management within the FMF!
What do we offer FMF members?
  • A fun environment to enjoy the game
  • Goals to work towards
  • Player-created content
  • (optional)Role play
  • And more!

If you wish to join, please visit us at the #OnRPG channel on IRC. Here is a link to take you there, for your convenience. Please keep in mind that the FMF is a sub-chapter of the multi-game online community, Amitabha. Therefore it is suggested that you register at the Amitabha website so that you can participate on our forums, where most of the FMF planning and discussion will go on. We also have a TS3 server available for communication if you want, but it is not required. We will rely mostly on in-game radio and IRC for communication.

And now for some inspiration/propaganda posters!

« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 04:22:15 am by ApocaRUFF »

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Free Miners Federation (Now Hiring!)
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 09:45:15 am »
Power Armors only from TC loot chest ;D

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:48 am »

I couldn't find an epic picture of someone wearing metal or anything else. Either way, the purpose of it is to inspire, not make sense ;)

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 09:56:54 am »

+ Random Encounter

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2013, 10:01:00 am »
Special Encounter *

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 06:54:25 am »
Sorry I've been a bit MIA, guys. I've been getting on, but not to often the past couple of days. I've had to hunker down and complete my TERA re-review for MMOHut, which has caused my time to play other games to nearly disappear the past 3-4 days. I just turned it in last night tho, so I should be able to get on more frequently.

Unfortunately, I am suffering from the same IRC problems that a lot of people are and I haven't been able to get on IRC to communicate with anyone. Until the guys that run that specific IRC network get things fixed, or FOnline: Reloaded finds a new (IRC) home, that wont be an option for communicate. IF you need me for anything, please PM me on the forum and I'll try to check at least twice a day to respond to inquiries.

And update: Thanks to some kind donations, we got the junk required to get our base up and running. It is an outpost located outside NCR, between the guarded mine and Shady Sands. Future plans include the creation of an outpost near one of the unguarded mines OR the purchase of our own private mine with the creation of an outpost near that location. I'll need to look into either.

So, now that we have an outpost, I will begin recruiting more frequently. I will try to go into Shady Sands once or twice a day and do some in-game recruitment. Otherwise, please let me know if you want to join in this thread and we will get things sorted from there. Anyone is welcome to join as long as they have an interest in the crafting/money-making side of things in the game and have the ability to speak/understand English.

Right now we are looking for crafters and people who want to dedicate some time to resource gathering. After we get some crafters and resoruce gathers, we will open our doors to customers who can order stuff from us. One of our first goals will be to do an "Open Market" in either NCR or the Protected Mine in NCR, where we have someone acting as a merchant on behalf of the FMF, as well as two or three guards. Then for an hour or so, we will sell items thru this person to anyone who wants to buy something. They can also set-up an order via this person when he is in Shady Sands. If that goes well, we'll then start doing the same thing in other towns. Of course, before we can do any of that, we need to get some members together. So please, if you're interested, join!

In other news, here is another logo I've been working on. It's not turning out as well as I'd like yet. Not sure if I'll continue work on it, either. It's basically a rip-off of the Fallout: New Vegas logo, but more crappy.

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 04:23:23 am »
Updated the opening post with contact information plus some general information about the faction.

Link to the FMF public forum. Feel free to post here if you need to/want to contact the FMF.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 06:21:05 am »
I couldn't find an epic picture of someone wearing metal or anything else. Either way, the purpose of it is to inspire, not make sense ;)

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2013, 04:37:32 am »
General warning to anyone who may be trying to recruit DemonHunter666, he is a thief. He jacked everything in our base. His characters are DemonHunter666, Demonhunter, and DemonCrafter.

Fortunately, he had donated 20k caps towards the faction earlier today and that is worth a lot more than anything he took. So I'm not really sure what his intentions were with that. He caused more harm to himself than anything else.

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 06:20:15 pm »
Ohh... so you dont know basic rules of wasteland ? Never trust anyone.

P.S 20 k is very small amount !
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 06:27:15 pm by Koniko »

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 10:31:35 pm »
P.S 20 k is very small amount !

Yes, I know it's a fairly small amount. Making money in Reloaded is extremely easy. However, It's more than the roughly 4.5k worth of resources and looted weapons that was taken.

raizhi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2013, 02:50:23 am »
and got branded a fool in the process, fair tradeoff

ApocaRUFF

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2013, 04:01:14 am »
do i care? i got what i wanted i dont care if im seen as a thief i dont care if i lost 5k i got what i needed
5k? You gave us 20,000 caps just a couple of hours before you jacked everything from the base. And what did you jack? A bunch of Deagles and Grease Guns (5-10 of each), about 200 each of minerals and iron ore, some metal parts and gunpowder, about 1000 ammo, 5 brahmin (you may have just killed these), 4 radios, some fibers (which we have an unlimited source of right in our base), 4 rot gut, and two containers that I made to keep the guns and ammo you took. Oh, and a bunch of looted leather armor. Essentially you saved us a trip going from town to town to try and sell the junk we had laying around and gave us a nice tip on top of that. And it would have been fine if we just left it at that, but you had to leave your initials in Brahmin shit and then get shitty with me in PMs.

I know you were applying to Crazy88 (tho I guess you lied, because you told me that you had been invited by their leader or some shit), so I expected you to leave. I even expected you to ask for your 20,000 caps back and I was ready to give them to you when I logged back on :0 Hell, if you really needed some stuff to help you start your own faction, I would have mined you a bunch of stuff, made you some guns and ammo, provided you with some actual armor rather than the leather shit, and given you a couple of BPs just because you were the second person to join the faction and generally seemed helpful. I just don't understand why you felt the need to leave on the note you did when it could have gone so much better for you.

And if, as you say, all that stuff is outside your ability to obtain by yourself, you've got some severe self-sufficiency issues that will make your endeavor to create your own clan quite hard and you will need that luck I wished you in the PMs. Now please, steer clear of our faction post. Thank you.

Dr.Mentat

• When someone ask if you're a god, you say "YES!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2013, 04:56:29 am »
okay...base raping and pillaging is one thing...but the brahmin?

why must the innocent always suffer?
Vault City Prevails, Citizen!

Sultan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 11:37:23 am »
Is this faction no longer active?