May 20, 2024, 07:29:19 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Anti-alt system.  (Read 2361 times)

serath

• View Profile
Anti-alt system.
« on: November 05, 2013, 07:58:39 pm »
Maybe it's not a clear suggestion, but I wonder what players(and devs) would think about it.

I'm aware this server is more related to PvP that RP and surely anti-alt in this case would make some difficulties, but i doubt it would be that bad and kill Player vs. Player interactions like TC. I'm sure anti-alt would instakill 2238, but Reloaded is much more better than 2238, it's balanced and pretty ready to try it. Specially with no lvl cap for SP. It's easier to obtain good stuff, get rich and buy what you can't craft, there is no need to have few chars to make a good supply.

But what would it change? For a start karma would be far more important, and that creates many opportunities itself. With only 1 char more players would act cool while interacting other players, but still some shitheads would do the PK's job making Wasteland harsh enough to not to get comfty for newbies, there would still be danger, only not so often. IMHO it would lower leaving by new players and casuals.

I don't have clear vision how would it be, and I'm not 100% sure if it's good, but i think there are things making it worth considering good and bad(if any) consequences.

Strike

Re: Anti-alt system.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00:39 pm »
You got some good points here.
Karma really should be more important than it is now.

There is some things already done that even little reduce alt numbers, like some skills cap less than 300%

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 09:07:20 pm »
And where is the suggestion ?

Details !

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 09:57:33 pm »
I'm not suggesting lowering alts, but playing just one character.

Details? What can I say, I'm not that smart to write you how would work this "anti-alt system" from technical side, but I simply suggest allowing to play only one character at the time. Why? Because You can create good warrior with raised other useful skills, earn shitload of money and buy items you can't craft. Like I said, it's easier than on 2238, and there is not much to change in game mechanic to make it playable. Besides Karma it would make reputation between players more important too, since most of us don't like shitheads.  I can imagine that alts give to hardcore addicted players opportunity to play in a different way and not get bored with game that much, but since re-roll is possible it's not a big deal (yeah, I know re-roll is for donation, but it's still not pay-to-play/win and donations keeps server running).

Kirkor

• Supporter
  • Bang Bang Smash
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2013, 10:11:54 pm »
With only 1 char more players would act cool while interacting other players
Well, you are wrong here. Most of PKers does their job with main chars.

but still some shitheads would do the PK's job making Wasteland harsh enough to not to get comfty for newbies, there would still be danger, only not so often.
No, PK will be there just as they are now. It would just make the game much more painful, cause you can't have alts that allow you to check different builds or playstyles.

But I see that you are butthurt about PKs, so no matter what, you won't be fully content until PvP is turned off totally.

Kelin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2013, 12:02:08 am »
I'm not suggesting lowering alts, but playing just one character.
What if someone likes playing multiple characters, trying out new builds etc., you would just tell him what?

You want to use a minigun? Too bad, you should have made the decision at the beginning, now you have to stick with your shitty small gunner.

serath

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2013, 06:55:11 am »
@Kirkor
I don't have butthurt about PK's, I play to long to whine about it and I only referred it as a joykiller for new players. And I disagree, if there would be karma penalties for killing newbies, it would decrease number of it for sure. Now karma is pointless since you can make a new char and piss on what you did before. I don't want to turn off PvP, you misunderstood my point, it's about bringing some balance. It would make skills other than fighting far more useful and give some advantage to non-PB chars. Now if you need something you make proper alt and that's it. I know pure pvp build would have harder times, but since they have such an advantage in fighting, they should have some other penalties comparing to other players.

@Kelin
You can delete your char and make a new one if it's so shitty? And like I said, it's already an option for a re-roll of character.

Well, if not anti-alt then maybe account related global karma instead? You create an account with all characters related to it, having same reputation/karma?