Password:

Poll

When should an event be annouced ?

More than a week before it starts
Five days before it starts
Two days before it starts
24h before it starts
No need to announce it before it starts

Topic: Event organisation - Need your advices  (Read 6044 times)

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Event organisation - Need your advices
« on: October 28, 2013, 06:40:31 pm »
Hi guys,

I might be interested in planning an event of my own but I want to make sure that I will plan it correctly so it can reach a maximum of players.

That's where you come in, first I would be really grateful if you can answer the poll. In a second time I was thinking about the reward.

Hummer fully equipped:
- 1 Hummer (with extra fuel and tools)
- 1 folded tent
- everything you need to build a base
 . . . . . . . - 10000 caps - 250 wood - 350 junk - 50 metal parts - 10 electronic parts - 30 brahmin hide
- 1 combat armor (at least +1AP)
- 1 combat helmet (at least crit chance -2)
- 1 avenger minigun (at least -1AP) +ammo
- 1 sniper rifle (at least -1AP) +ammo
- 1 plasma rifle (at least -1AP) +ammo
- 100 super stimpack

Do you think the price is worth enough for players to join in? I'm more interested in attracting new players/small groups.

I still dont know about the EW to add. I have one laser gatling but it wont be 100%/100%.

I'm doing it with what I have/can do. If you have some tough about the prize that I could use let me know.
Maybe one BP or two but what would be the more interesting for struggling players?

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
Re: Event organisation - Need your advices
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 07:48:24 pm »
Well about the pool; it really depends on how big the event is going to be, considering this probably isn't some gigantic event with rewards for everyone and teams, I'd say 2 or 1 day before it starts.
I'm more interested in attracting new players/small groups.

Im kinda worried that you won't manage to attract new players, some PKers will come instead most likely.

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 08:24:19 pm »
Yeah, I'm aware of it. But the way I planned it participants (and my self) should be relatively safe.
My event should be hunt, but there are no special build that could increase your chance of wining it.

Safety isn't the point here, it's more about the prize and the people that it could attract...

Strike

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 08:27:13 pm »
I would say 24hours before start of event, that should be enough to get interested players.

Wolverine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 09:55:40 pm »
Why make only one first place?

Quest for example - all who bring 100 gold gecko skin - 1 rst place
brong 50 - 2 -cond place
bring 10 - 3 place

reward - all who bring `100 get implant ( for example)
50 - hammer
10 some gold

( or what ypu whant to give, never mind ) Point is, that type of quest will be able to make by newplayers , with no worry that old players take all what there is to win.

Even with this today smal quest wasnt so easy when olderst players start kiling the others in town. / Anyway i get armor only becose i was in game when quest started - so i had a chance.

Make more 1-rst place, make quest that is more on wasterland - no in thown where bbs can easly kill you ( me :D  and others )

If the old player will participate in this quest - will be ok, they spend some time on game, and have a fun - why not? But it will get posibility to make a fun for new players to.

Possibile quest :
- bring some kind of stuf ( somthing what you cant get on ecounters ( even rock :D )
- kill some kind of monsters ( like ants - its super for begginer and the difrenc in dificuly is almost the same for old and for new players) - i dont know it is possiblie to check whe kill how many ants in time quest ;/ but it can be always standard gecko ( can be silwer - better for new players, and bring there skin to battergrund)

Hammer - as a wining price is ok, but there is still deficit of implants . More, more implants pls :)

24 hours - to tell about event its ok

thats all what i had to say :)

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 10:38:03 pm »
Thx Wolverine for your post, it brings me new ideas.

But you have to understand that I'm a player just like you. I don't have the power to give implant or things like this.

I will still work on some extra prizes, what you said was very true, if I want to make it more fair I definitely need more prizes to give.

Wolverine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:55:45 pm »
Uch i thought i speak with admin  - his second charakter, or somone who he cooperate with :)

It changing fev thinks :)

1) You shoud cooperate with this event with admin
 - if you not participate with wining price, only give a plan, idea, chelping with organization / then will be honesty if admin give a prices for this event ( and some reward for you to :) )

2) If it only yours efoort for prices then forget about tent - it will be always fear is it realy good place for stof if its given by enother player
   - as a player you cant check  a killing statistick, but ypu can organize speed run from town to town on time ( some will get there, somone not killing by ecounters :D )

For example starting in NCR , you say for all where shoud they run, - ( Broken Hills ) and bring from there flowers/rock/junk/empty bag ow water/rope :D - whatewer You put there before event, and bring it to San francisco.

Admin coud hel you by marking this stuf, so no one take it his own stuff.

Or go to klamatk and kill on your eyes gecko

there is planty of possible.

If you make some small prices 1000 caps - for example , old players will not interesed, new players shoud be :) ( i think)

3) you shoud realy cooperate with admin - its for him also good, somone take a part of his duty :)

I tell you as i many yeras game master in RPG :) have some idea but for now im glad with discowering this game. When i will get borning i will try to inicjate some event and other thinks here.

For example admin can create arena with monster you chalenge to fight :)

im missing few perks what was in orginal fallout , and some quest.

This game have to much fight to less quest , and playing alone isnt to funy as it coud be.

see you on the wasteland :)

PS dont give hummer as a price / if admin dont sponsore that. Propably it will win it somone who can buy it for cash :)

PS 2

there shoud be also perks ( non afecting game) that will show winning events :0 it woud be nice :)
and it coud be affecting stats - wining in unarmed fight event - some plus for damage, even participate in that event shoud make some perks ( even +1 to damages , small thinks but make everyone happy :)

(Sory for my eanglish )
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:03:43 am by Wolverine »

Evgoon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 12:38:06 am »
I have some stuff to throw in the list, if you need. An Enclave Armor(100/100) and a Fuel Cell Controller, for free of course.
Can bring them in Barter Grounds at any time. ))
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:44:48 am by Evgoon »

C.H.A.R.L.I.E

• Supporter
  • stereotypical hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2013, 09:57:42 am »
Do you think the price is worth enough for players to join in?

Don't worry Lukh it's not about the stuff. If there will be PvP we will come.

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2013, 03:43:28 pm »
Thx charlie for your interest. But it wont be a PvP event, not even a PvE event either. Combat skills wont help you to win.
A bit of knowledge of Fonline and Fallour world might help.

My advice to you would be to put down that rocket launcher of yours and wear your best sunday's bluesuit if you plan to participate, the rest will only slow you down :) .

Anyway I was thinking about additional prizes like
- 1buggy+10000caps+CArmor+CHelmet
- 1cow+500 of each mineral
- sets of books (10 scout books most likely)
- sets of drugs (20 of each drugs+super stimpack)

What ya thinks guys?

Marshu

• Soldiers of The New World
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2013, 04:01:32 pm »
Thx charlie for your interest. But it wont be a PvP event, not even a PvE event either. Combat skills wont help you to win.
A bit of knowledge of Fonline and Fallour world might help.

My advice to you would be to put down that rocket launcher of yours and wear your best sunday's bluesuit if you plan to participate, the rest will only slow you down :) .

Anyway I was thinking about additional prizes like
- 1buggy+10000caps+CArmor+CHelmet
- 1cow+500 of each mineral
- sets of books (10 scout books most likely)
- sets of drugs (20 of each drugs+super stimpack)

What ya thinks guys?
Good idea :)
PS the cow with minerals is better than buggy with that stuff for me :)

Sir Craftkid

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2013, 04:39:14 pm »
Ant hunt seems like a good idea. Pks will not bother going if their avengers kill only ants, and minimum combat skill requirement will partially prevent alting or dual logging

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2013, 05:44:04 pm »
Dont worry Sir,
It's taking really good shape. I think player that are only after killing each other will lost interest in the event really fast.

Lukh

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2013, 02:30:42 am »
Guys, I will ask you advise one more time.

I think I have too few prizes... What could I had as prizes?

Ed Wood

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 09:37:35 am »
a perfect stats and good hp companion would be a decent prize! BG, SG, EW are the most favored ones! perfect stats is when it has 10 endu 10 agi 10 luck its alsoo good if it has 7str so he wont have any problem to handle weapons... and 7+ PE. In case of melee max starting hp dunno what is that... 10str, 10 agi, 10 endu but luck is not soo important...

This is just an idea! to actualy get thes companions is hard i mean its realy hard!
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 02:12:56 pm by Ed Wood »