April 19, 2024, 09:47:49 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Super event  (Read 26356 times)

Prayer

Re: Super event
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2013, 12:59:22 pm »
Words hardly represent one's character, actions do.
With all due respect, mate, but you are wrong. We are not going to talk philosophy here, and our discussion should concern event and event only, but if you asked me, I'd say both WORDS and ACTIONS represent one's character. That is true, since we are communicating with each other via the whole spectrum of sounds, and sometimes those sounds might be interpreted as offensive.

Moreover, if we stick to your theory, I do believe that we are those that are not guilty here. Actions, as it comes to pvp, organizing an event in a clearly pvp zone and having in mind the possibility that some people will use it as their advantage, were not prohibited by the event rules. We do have a special location named Barter Ground, where you can relax for a while. Everywhere else stay focused, or else you may get a bullet.  Swearing, calling other peoples names and using offensive and vulgar language, however, is.

So, we did something within the server regulations, and got shitfaced on a forum and ingame, and you guys (on the other side) are demaning your rights... to what? To freely offend BBS and it's players when you feel like to?

And one more thing, dungeons are coming, there will be lots of high levels, tough mobs, but the rewards as implants will definitley be worth it. Do you, really, imagine entering a dungeon with your own team, having in mind those sweet, busting implants, and other teamts COOPERATING with you on their way to get them?

If so, then I have no more further questions, and you should reconsider the true character of this game. Perhaps I was mistaken.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:02:01 pm by Prayer »

Flre

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2013, 01:09:33 pm »
Prayer, i saw what happened yesturday, and i disliked it, but i cant disagree with you, because noone knew about event rules, so in this discussion i'm on BBS's side.
But there is always 2 sides of coin. If you guys did it once, then next time people will come with swarms of 20+ people, or will not come at all, which will basically ruin random unexpected small events (which are supposed to make people chill a bit and relax).
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 01:12:50 pm by Flre »

adem

« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:09 pm »
thats the point they couldnt have fun with others yesterday, i thought tc is imprtant pvp arena for experienced gamers, maybe they are bored so they did what they did. BBS in that way you are scaring fresh players and it will never be a new faction or gang or whatsoever. Maybe sometimes little chill? Or maybe no, fuck it.

Perteks

• Wiki Editor
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2013, 01:18:21 pm »
I like this thread, more please.

jacky

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2013, 01:24:46 pm »
player dont be funny. me and you know that BBS love to offend people in TC or in any other activity. shoting pleople is just part of game but if you are saying BBS are TRUE victims of psychological violence from other people you are just hypocritical.

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »
@Prayer

Hear it well 'cause I am not repeating that: nowhere I said you did something prohibited by the game/event rules, what I am accusing you of is meanness, scumbaggery and indecency. Following the general rules doesn't make a decent person, acting like a decent person makes one (ingame nad irl both). It's not offence to call you an asshole, it's giving you a description. If you expect people to threat you well after you do them harm you sir are fucking delusional.

To sum it all up, do whatever you want, but expect people to judge you by it.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

adem

« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 01:25:54 pm »
I like this thread, more please.

write sth from deep of your heart so we can continue...

adem

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2013, 01:27:56 pm »
@Prayer

Hear it well 'cause I am not repeating that: nowhere I said you did something prohibited by the game/event rules, what I am accusing you of is meanness, scumbaggery and indecency. Following the general rules doesn't make a decent person, acting like a decent person makes one (ingame nad irl both). It's not offence to call you an asshole, it's giving you a description. If you expect people to threat you well after you do them harm you sir are fucking delusional.

Yeah its only reputation and no cathedral in here ;p

Letoo

• Supporter
  • I'll craft you up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2013, 01:33:19 pm »
@Prayer

Yeah its only reputation and no cathedral in here ;p

I didn't really get that tho.
Letoo's event foundation [click]

In game nicks:
Letoo
Letoatreidis

Find me on IRC @Letoo or on 1337 radio frq

adem

« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:11 pm »
its my add, i know

Prayer

« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2013, 01:57:03 pm »
Well, I'm not going to comment all of from above discussion, especially Jacky, who can't even spell my nickname right, so I assume he was adressing a different person.

What I'm going to say, tho, is that THIS IS JUST A GAME and it's for fun, which one's definition may vary. If you like to craft, hunt for lockers, town control, pk others, bomb in NCR or camp near Boneyard, do it! But there are some thing you are not allowed to do, and I am not going to accept offending other players.

I play with BBS for some time, I might not be a veteran, I know that, but so far as I noticed, none of us has ever started an offensive comments against anyone, unless it was pointed at us first. The whole meaning of this thread, or yesterdays event shows crystal clear that we are not those who whouls be judged here. We have started killing people, that is true, that is our way for having fun, and as a result of that we faced a swarm of vulgar names against us.

For me, as I stated above, this is just a game and it's for fun. I have never offended anyone and I expect the same for the rest of you. I know it feels bad when you get killed, but calling others "bitch" or "stupid fuck" does not change anything, but only shows your true, frustrated character. Being killed by someone else does not give me a right to offend him, but seems like most of you have a different point of view on this matter.

I remember, like 10 years ago, I used to play a Project Entropia game. There were three PvP places and everyone entering those areas knew the risk. Fallout 1 and 2 were realist games, and Fallout Online follows the same path. There are places, like NCR or HUB, where you are protected by guards and still you can get a shot or bomb. Everywhere else is a PvP zone, and each one of you should learn it as soon as possible.

Still, I believe we did nothing wrong, and for that we got shitfaced by most of you. Even after yesterdays situation, it was not us offending others, but others offending us. I think this shows the true face of BBS, and all hints as if we were people with offensive attitude, calling others names, is just a bullcrap.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:13:16 pm by Prayer »

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »
Gee I don't know what happend at the event;
But Prayers a cool guy, yeah I shoot at him in TC and he shoots back - but outside, TC or PVP just chit-chating. You can't really speak about actions when he appareantly wasn't /alone/ there, but with his team.
I mean hey, so many times I don't kill anybody in encounters when I am alone, but with others - I can't tell how we will go n' react.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:13:45 pm by Knife_cz »

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2013, 02:14:16 pm »
Erm looks like I missed something...

@Kilgore, if that's the kind of event you're going to organise you might just as well shove it. Either do it right or don't do it at all.

no idea what you mean, I didn't organise any event yesterday, didn't took part in it, didn't even know about it as I wasn't online. Overseer = cubik2k. So how about you stop blaming me for something that other admin/admins did.

So... can someone explain what is this all about (best if without a flow of emotions about it, whatever it was..)

Prayer

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2013, 02:14:27 pm »
We have started killing people.
That's what happened, Mr. Scorpion ;) And yes, Knife.cz is the perfect example of a person who understands the game rules, mechanisms and the whole idea. As he said, we shoot at each other all the time during TC, I even killed him few times one on one and in return he blow me up with bombs in NCR, and still we are a great friends, and chit-chat all the time. We do not offend each other, we do not take it personally, we just play the game with all it offers.

Kilgore, what happened is pretty simple:

Someone did organize a mutant event yesterday's evening at Mariposa. It was during TC time, so few guys from our faction decided to go there and check it out. Once we arrived, we did kill almost everyone (players, mutants and pathurs). After that we received a swarm of negative comments, offending words and vulgar, really vulgar names from the people we killed, and it seems like some of them are trying to prove that it is legal to adress others in a offensive way, and yet illegal to pvp during event which takes place on a pvp zone.

Honestly, I stopped following.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 02:24:58 pm by Prayer »

Knife_cz

• TISM is the best band ever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2013, 02:26:23 pm »
We have started killing people.
That's what happened, Mr. Scorpion ;) And yes, Knife.cz is the perfect example of a person who understands the game rules, mechanisms and the whole idea. As he said, we shoot at each other all the time during TC, I even killed him few times one on one and in return he blow me up with bombs in NCR, and still we are a great friends, and chit-chat all the time. We do not offend each other, we do not take it personally, we just play the game with all it offers.

The only person worth blowing in NCR is Kill n' die when he has some of his skins/ PA w/e. Gotta love his reactions.
Never blew ya up, I believe. And I killed you too in TC >:(