April 23, 2024, 06:05:54 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Energy Wepons - is it worth it ?  (Read 3311 times)

Psonix

• Prepare for rolling blackouts...
    • View Profile
Energy Wepons - is it worth it ?
« on: September 02, 2013, 04:00:54 pm »
Hi,

I was thinking about creating a character using energy weapons and i was wondering if there is a good way to farm electronic parts (EP) ? I noticed that u can't farm them in a secure location like for Small Guns or Big Guns. Even in low level place like V 15 there are mobs and raiders and they are trying to kill you once they spot you. Not to mention other players who will most likely try to kill to collect your electronic parts, that u gathered for some time >:(. And there are only 2 computers from where u can get EP which makes faming it both RISKY and SLOW :-\.

In short, I'm asking for some hints how to start playing a char using EW ;).

Thanks  :)
They are attacking us from all sides !? EXCELLENT ! We can attack in every direction.

Kascin

• View Profile
Re: Energy Wepons - is it worth it ?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 04:07:23 pm »
2 computers for EP?

If I remember well:
- 3 in Waterwork
- 2 in Vault 15
- 1 in SF Mine (the only safe place)
- 1 in Junkyard
- 1 in Themepark

Yes it's harder than small guns, but it is more powerfull too.
I have no advice, because I never use this kind of weapon :D

Psonix

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 04:10:08 pm »
Still thank you for your answer it helps a bit  ;).
They are attacking us from all sides !? EXCELLENT ! We can attack in every direction.

Strike

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2013, 04:18:05 pm »
Depends on your build how effective EW are.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2013, 04:39:54 pm »
I have a fastshot, energy weapon user at level 17 now and it works. A laser pistol has more range and firepower then any other comparable pistol... well, not against metal armor, but it's still good for TB. For RT shooting is just too slow and no good for sniping cause it gives away your location. 

SEC are easy to buy, I have a stash of about 2k in my tents and could easy double that. Easy to buy, hard(-ish) to make. MFC... well that's another story. If you say getting electronic  parts is hard then you know nothing about mining and refining uranium.  Hard to buy, hard to make.

The secret (well not anymore) way to get electronic parts and risk nothing is... craft some junk, sell it for energy weapons and disassemble  :P

Having said that... at low levels (under 15?) a combat shotgun will perform way better in most PvE situations (its range is the flaw) and if it doesn't ... you can always craft 5 more shotguns in 15 minutes after you respawn. 

I may be broke, but I ain't broken (just twisted).

Psonix

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2013, 05:06:37 pm »
I have a fastshot, energy weapon user at level 17 now and it works. A laser pistol has more range and firepower then any other comparable pistol... well, not against metal armor, but it's still good for TB. For RT shooting is just too slow and no good for sniping cause it gives away your location. 

SEC are easy to buy, I have a stash of about 2k in my tents and could easy double that. Easy to buy, hard(-ish) to make. MFC... well that's another story. If you say getting electronic  parts is hard then you know nothing about mining and refining uranium.  Hard to buy, hard to make.

The secret (well not anymore) way to get electronic parts and risk nothing is... craft some junk, sell it for energy weapons and disassemble  :P

Having said that... at low levels (under 15?) a combat shotgun will perform way better in most PvE situations (its range is the flaw) and if it doesn't ... you can always craft 5 more shotguns in 15 minutes after you respawn.

WOW! Thanks for this, it gives me some insight about EW ;D, and it seems kinda nightmarish compared to SG or BG  :-\. To be honest i thought it would at least get easier over time (Oh well....  :( ).

So basically EW are HIGH RISK - HIGH REWARDS weapons ? By which i mean that its hard to get ammo/craft weapons, BUT you deal a lot of damage and since most EW have long range its easier to kill mobs/players(Builds aside) . Is it more or less like this ?

Desert Mutt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:45:12 pm »
If you want to use EW for PvP you have to use drugs and rely on critical shots (bypasses that cause enormous damage) using laser or plasma rifles, otherwise even small gunner will be able to tell you to turn around and bend over.

Remember that EW is expensive (well some item could be farmed easily), thus loosing your gear in PK trap can lead to enormous butthurt and rage.

Hello Kitty Online is not just about defeating monsters - there are many activities to choose from. Aside from exploring the monster-filled adventure areas, players can dig for ore, range the wilderness to pick fruit from trees, discover new cities, craft a broad selection of goods and more.