March 28, 2024, 03:51:03 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: General Questions / Answers  (Read 408233 times)

Gimper

• Supporter
  • Harbinger of Armageddon
    • View Profile
Re: General Questions / Answers
« Reply #1230 on: January 04, 2017, 04:39:58 pm »
I thought they fixed this problem, but I recently found it still happens with "80's". Possibly others.

The easy fix for this, is play in Real Time.

The Dude

• View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: January 04, 2017, 09:17:37 pm »
Is it correct to assume, that footlockers spawn under northern walls in maps and always on ground level? i.e. in locations easy to spot without the necessity of coming up close to them, so southern walls dont obscure them?

Thanks

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: January 04, 2017, 09:47:35 pm »
There are a few times when i have seen just the edge of a footlocker peaking out, mostly blocked by a wall, but it does not matter to most players here since we all tend to use some variant of an item highlighter. Look in Tools and Mods section.

This is one i use only for cave hunting, but there are a couple that highlight ground items.

Also you can toggle down walls with this.

The Dude

• View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: January 05, 2017, 10:43:56 pm »
Thank you Good Sir

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #1234 on: January 06, 2017, 09:30:57 pm »
I gonna ask this again:
"Sometimes NPC's on random enco just wait they whole turns for no reason, is it normal? Annoying, especially when theres more enemies on screen, and u need wait like 2-3 whole turns when enemies just stand in place."

Its SUPER annoying, they often bug on turn based combat and i need to wait pretty long time.

I've seen this with Powder gangers.

I find it's typically the Katja model (green hair / leathers) with a spear.  They wait their whole turn, then they pull a spear out.

The Dude

• View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: January 07, 2017, 11:04:03 am »
Does the cockroach have a trunk? where is it? How do I open it?

Matador

• View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: January 07, 2017, 11:32:56 am »
Took me a while to find it too lol. Its near where you sit. The mouse will say cockroach container when you hover. Once you find it once its easy

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: January 07, 2017, 04:09:57 pm »

If you stand in the exact certain spot next to the Cockroch car, and press G, your trunk will open for you. I find that's easier than clicking the tiny trunk spot on the car itself.

The Dude

• View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: January 07, 2017, 05:43:31 pm »
Cheers

commisarlol

• View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: January 29, 2017, 11:01:40 pm »
hey I'm having an issue involving creating a party I have used ~pp and have used none of my points but cannot purchase or tame a brahmin

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: January 29, 2017, 11:20:32 pm »
hey I'm having an issue involving creating a party I have used ~pp and have used none of my points but cannot purchase or tame a brahmin
Make sure that you don't take loner trait on those type of character builds, it doeen't work with any sort of companions!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: January 30, 2017, 12:06:12 am »

I don't think Brahmin sellers have Brahmins to sell, it's a broken mechanic I believe

As for taming Brahmin, make sure it's a Brahmin from a random encounter and not ones in a town. Also make sure you have rope on hand and "use on" the Brahmin. Might not always work cause they can resist.

DIGGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: February 10, 2017, 10:33:22 am »
So... I wonder a bit about the fact that this game (or Fonline2) got only 100+ players. When i talk with friends about fallout online noone ever heard of this game. So actually my questions are:

Do Developers even advertise or know how to advertise?
Would it be possible to cantact the official Facebook-Page of Fallout (over 3 mio likes) and ask them to share a link from this game? Or maybe other Facebook-Fanpages, Youtube channels?

There are tons of Fallout lovers out there... Im sure 95% of them never ever heard of this game and this is a sad fact.

You cant tell me there is no way to make this game a bit more popular...!? I dont get it :P

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: February 10, 2017, 05:22:44 pm »
These "fallout lovers" are the ones that played fallout 3 and beyond. Lots of people avoid playing the old one cause "bad graphics" or "slow gameplay" Majority of reasons are just absurd.

And when people picture fallout online, they immediately think of something like Fallout 4 graphics but online but see its not, they just don't even bother playing or looking at it again.

Developers don't advertise, that's more of the players job to do so but some people do advertise the game. One time on facebook I saw a someone post a link to Reloaded forum and was like whaaaat.

And lots of people know about it, it's just that Reloaded hasn't had a major wipe for a long time and most find it stale. But I guarantee at least 100-200 people are waiting for it to happen.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: February 11, 2017, 12:15:36 am »
DIGGA, good question. I believe the low player count is a result of several key factors:

1. Though some people (including me) loved the original Fallout games, including its AD 1998 graphics, many do not. Most "modern fallout fans" only like modern graphics styles, and when they see this game, they actually say "ew" at the graphics. Nevermind the fact that Minecraft often looks worse with its 16-bit blocky snorefest, and that World of Warcraft's graphics look like a blurred cartoon, those are favored. I never understood this but that's the way it is.

2. FOnline games have no budget, no funding, no profits, and thus no scheduled staff. They run on donations only, and this will likely never improve. Thus advertising is also nearly nothing. Same for immediate help from an online GM. A lot of gamers don't like that; they get the idea the game is ignored by its own administrators, and they leave.

3. In the past 7+ years, many of the gamers who would play this game, already tried, and quit. (Why this is, is another good question.)

4. Despite the fact that any player here can download the developer tools, draw maps, build dialogue files, write quests and contribute playable content, the game severely lacks PvE content. There is no main quest. No GECK. No cut scenes or talking heads, and nothing like a template of trials. We do have some quests, and they are excellent and some are repeatable, but not nearly enough. We need more of this. (You're invited to help.) The game is wide open, and we players like to say "you write your own story as you go". There are numerous things to do, but it's wide open with no set route.

5. The FOnline community was already splitting up before 2238 closed down, but the end of 2238 pretty much fragmented what remained of any unified player base. With more servers, but not more players, we end up with fewer people per server.

6. This game community is mostly all jackasses who don't play the game for its explorable content so much, but rather use the game as a place to express their hatred. Not all, but most. The other 14 of us (lol) try to help people so they don't quit early, but the jackasses rule, and thus new people are run off.

One of the favorite things the jackasses here like to do is send infiltrators into your faction, posing as recruits. They destroy newcomers' efforts to get established, which often leads to new players leaving. There are, after all, so many games out there to play - why play one where you're stomped into the ground faster than you climb the learning curve? It's why I added a Guides category to the wiki, and spend hours on that.

So it's not a game for anyone, i guess. The harshness only appeals to those of us who like the graphics, and enjoy a tougher hostility challenge.

PS: Just kidding about only 14 good people here. I'm sure there's more than 14. I could be wrong about that. I think i saw 1 last month.

All of that said, i say this is the best game i ever found. It's my favorite. Over time, devs have done amazing work to improve it. For details, try to read the long history of change logs, starting with 2238 and going thru Reloaded. I love this game.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:19:52 pm by Henry »