March 28, 2024, 01:29:35 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: How u can lose a campanion in gun runners mission (forever)  (Read 1967 times)

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
How u can lose a campanion in gun runners mission (forever)
« on: April 20, 2017, 07:42:31 pm »
Hi reporting a bug. If your campanion that normaly woud respawn in base/tent get killed in mutant mission (gun runners mison) and u go and finnish the guest before he respowns he is forever gone and your pp points go - 70 and hes gone. I am realy sad i invested in bastard loots of stuf plus he had the best stats and best hp (energy wapons) + i got lot of stuff in him :( (mule). All gone forever.

he was level 18 R.I.P.  my frend.

Asking Admins can i get a new campanion with the same stats and life? As reward of reporting it?

King Kong anin't got shit on me!

swinglinered

• View Profile
Re: How u can lose a campanion in gun runners mission (forever)
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 09:51:17 pm »
Oh man that sucks.

Did you tell the companion where to meet EACH time the companion died?

As for PP being down, maybe use the disband command to get them back.
Before that, is the some other command to summon companion that can be tried? Maybe log out/in, check bases/tents?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 12:01:48 am »
That's not a bug, he died in a temporary location which you should never store items because that location gets deleted. Same goes for dead companions.

In this case it was your fault for not waiting for him to respawn, and you knew he was dead, and yet you still went to delete the location (finishing the quest). I personally used to wait while alt tabbed if my companion ever died.

MacReady

• Supporter
  • WIKI EDITOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 03:09:53 pm »
Yes my foult but no information on wiki about that :) anyway im wiki editor so i will add it. If the information where there, it woudint happend, beacuse i play with campanions 4 years and they just never died there :) is was acident :D. but till i think its a bug. Nobody reported it before.
so i can add on wiki info or it can be fixed.

Thats the reason i post it here.

p.s. dont need to check tent or bases (anyway i did it but your pp goes down so ITS GONE!
King Kong anin't got shit on me!

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2017, 04:34:58 am »

p.s. dont need to check tent or bases (anyway i did it but your pp goes down so ITS GONE!

So your PP is permanently reduced even though you don't have the companion? Did the companion have Good Natured?

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 06:44:07 am »
Yes my foult but no information on wiki about that :) anyway im wiki editor so i will add it. If the information where there, it woudint happend, beacuse i play with campanions 4 years and they just never died there :) is was acident :D. but till i think its a bug. Nobody reported it before.
so i can add on wiki info or it can be fixed.

It's not a bug, you can't leave anything in a temporary location, it's been said numerous times and it should be common knowledge to players by now.  :facepalm  :facepalm

And wow, nobody reported before because everyone else was smart enough to wait  :facepalm

So your PP is permanently reduced even though you don't have the companion? Did the companion have Good Natured?

Pretty sure he mean't that his current PP went down.

Bastian

• Hi! im back from the dead :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:15 pm »

He means this. He had (example) 70/ 70 pp. Now he has 0 / 70 pp.

Try to understand instead of making fun of a guy who lost an NPC.

People who keeps telling him that this is not a bug, THEY ARE WRONG.

Little things like this, are the ones that newcommers dont know and make people quit because THEIR EFFORT was IN VAIN.

You can say all you want about temporary and the things that old players know, but for a newcommer...

He will never expect to do a quest and lose his companion if he dies inside the quest place.

Fix this, give this guy a new companion and edit wiki,

Or... do nothing, blame the new guy.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2017, 03:39:39 pm »
>4 years experience
>New comer  :facepalm :facepalm

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2017, 07:35:33 pm »
Date Registered: February 04, 2014, 03:09:15 PM - Macready (wiki editor)
Date Registered: January 14, 2017, 05:13:34 PM - Bastion

Now, who would you say the newcomer is???

Also it's not a bug, a bug is when code doesn't work properly, he should have let his follower respawn first. (he also said he was editing the wiki so saying to do it is redundant)