April 18, 2024, 10:54:50 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Wasteland is not harsh?  (Read 3807 times)

bish001

• View Profile
Wasteland is not harsh?
« on: September 02, 2017, 10:19:15 am »
So i died and saw that I keep all items.. is this a perm feature? Wasteland doesn't seem harsh anymore if I can die without penalty. The idea of losing items and being some risk to my actions was kind of the point.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wasteland is not harsh?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 10:50:57 am »
Yes this is permanent and do not ask us to revert it, because we want to check it for longer time.
Read changelog because there were more changes connected to character death.

Jarmen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:55:16 am »
After i die second time and see all items keep in my inventory - i feel nonesense in further gameplay. With this feature saving your ass is not nessesary, so you can just click destination on world map and go piss or leave you fully equiped character at encounter without any attention on game. As you can't take enemy stuff - you don't have reason shoot enemy or hunt somebody in wasteland. So there left only PvE part of game (i don't think many players play FOnline mostly for PvE). As all PvP can be played at hinkley with only one difference betwreen external wasteland - to get stuff you don't need farm it, just click dialog and get it. I respect lot of maden work by Kilgore and his team, but this "feature" ruin main key of this game (IMHO). This feature good for short time events giving carebears chance wear their PA dusted in private tents and show others how cool they are without fear lost all stuff in 2 minutes, but not for regular gameplay.

DocAN

• Administrator
  • Testing FO: Reloaded
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 11:00:44 am »
Don't waste Your time then and make something else.

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 12:09:41 pm »
Sorry I didn't mean disrespect it's just a lot different to the old wasteland. I know you have tried to make it more noob friendly and have done a good job on that. Maybe in the future there could be a dungeon (red zone) where players risk their  equipment for endgame players to have fun :-) thanks for wipe and continuing project. I will read changelog again and try my best to enjoy game at least farming will be easy :-)

NeedALight?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 01:52:27 pm »
Sorry I didn't mean disrespect it's just a lot different to the old wasteland. I know you have tried to make it more noob friendly and have done a good job on that. Maybe in the future there could be a dungeon (red zone) where players risk their  equipment for endgame players to have fun :-) thanks for wipe and continuing project. I will read changelog again and try my best to enjoy game at least farming will be easy :-)

Don't take it so badly. Devs already know what some people think of these changes. The game is still fun, gotta check all those changes. :D

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 01:56:55 pm »

Don't take it so badly. Devs already know what some people think of these changes. The game is still fun, gotta check all those changes. :D

Indeed, I took pleasure in killing more than loot, at least I can still do that  8)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 04:01:15 pm »
You just didn't give this season a real try, and you are angry as fuck even though you have no enough experience to write such a statements.

And as Kilgore said, think of this as BETA!
GUN FOR HIRE

bish001

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 04:43:19 pm »
You just didn't give this season a real try, and you are angry as fuck even though you have no enough experience to write such a statements.

And as Kilgore said, think of this as BETA!

I'm not angry at all m9, I am playing game was just surprised more than anything.

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 06:39:48 pm »
Sorry than, maybe I make mistake in that statement about you.
I'm lil' bit confused, because it's not even week from release and many people whine and write bs in game and on forum.
No offence ofc, but read it and you will see how many angry people we have here :D
GUN FOR HIRE