March 29, 2024, 01:17:19 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Re: Map Gallery  (Read 1332 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Map Gallery
« on: March 23, 2017, 08:04:57 am »
Those spawns definitely need to be adjusted  :-[

zekromo

• 𝓲𝓽'𝓼 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓲𝓷 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓭
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 10:19:52 am »
Although spawns are usually centered around the middle of encounter maps, I think the ranges should be more varied so an individual can spawn anywhere on the map. It used to bug me how character spawns are in the middle, but a little explanation I devised was that you wouldn't notice critters until you got midway-ish. Then again, how would you not be able to detect a pashtuur or a mutant raiding party from a mile off?  :o :D

Either way, one thing can be said about encounter maps. We need more... a lot more. They are easy to make and will expand the map pool so we won't encounter the same map every other entry.

DIVERSITY OR GULAG      DIVERSITY OR GULAG     DIVERSITY OR GULAG
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 Moloch 👑 👑 👑
👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑 👑

Represent Discord Crew:

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 03:24:35 pm »
As always of course, devs will need to be impressed with any new maps before they get added, so just moving trees around and adding a cactus won't cut it.

I find that odd, because if you look at the maps right now, it's all basically what they did. They moved a cactus here and there and switched the cars...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2017, 03:38:29 pm »
As always of course, devs will need to be impressed with any new maps before they get added, so just moving trees around and adding a cactus won't cut it.

I find that odd, because if you look at the maps right now, it's all basically what they did. They moved a cactus here and there and switched the cars...

What do you find odd? That old devs made some easy maps? That new devs want quality content? Or that someone wants to provide more/better work? None of that is odd so what are you talking about.

Barneys

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2017, 03:50:04 pm »
Well, I find odd that we want more maps but devs want very complex maps, but 99% of the maps available now are very simple. I understand they want "quality" maps, but at the same time, there arent that many options if you make a desert map...

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »
If we make new maps from existing simple maps, i don't think devs need them to be "very complex". The intent here is to make easy, fast, modified copies. It's easy to do what i intend to do here - just takes time to do it.

Urukhai

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2017, 10:55:25 pm »
If we make new maps from existing simple maps, i don't think devs need them to be "very complex". The intent here is to make easy, fast, modified copies. It's easy to do what i intend to do here - just takes time to do it.

I heard the same thing 2 years ago. Nothing changed since these times. No one needs it ;D

worldremaker

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 04:47:51 pm »
empty