March 28, 2024, 07:12:11 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Stuck in BoS Elevator  (Read 1637 times)

Colonel_Hunter

• View Profile
Stuck in BoS Elevator
« on: February 16, 2017, 09:13:42 pm »
So recently I decided to join up with the BoS, I have yet to complete the 10 Radscorpion tails mini-quest but I nonetheless visited the main headquarters, where I went up to the elevator and accidentally pressed 'G' instead of the '1' key, this resulted in the menu closing out with no further input (that I remember, at least) but nothing further happened. Confused, I tried exiting the open door to the elevator only to find that I was unable to do so, even with the door wide open. This is rather unfortunate as it seems that I cannot escape this elevator room for whatever reason, and as such any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

- Hunter.

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Stuck in BoS Elevator
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2017, 09:21:04 pm »
Wow. So the elevator door is open, but you cannot walk out of there? Can you shift to any other hex within the elevator?

Colonel_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »
Wow. So the elevator door is open, but you cannot walk out of there? Can you shift to any other hex within the elevator?
Not at all, can't move an inch.

I have, however, been having quite a rave at the elevator, just turning around and around...

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:19:28 pm »
If you could provide us with a screenshot that would be awesome. I just need to see it help you.  :P

Colonel_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2017, 11:36:19 pm »
I managed to replicate the issue, here is the deal...

So it appears that I had previously entered the elevator menu, and then proceeded to exit the menu without clicking on any buttons, this prompted the door to lock behind me, and since my character was right next to the door, I was able to "see" through it, giving the illusion of transparency. I have killed my character in an attempt to retrieve the loot, but to no avail. I can grab the spare ammunition from the door, but I am unable to grab my actual gear...

BUT

There may be a solution, which would simply be someone coming to the BoS headquarters and unlocking the door, hopefully freeing my character from his eternal limbo.

That is what I have thus far, if you still need an image please let me know.

Colonel_Hunter

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 12:17:06 am »
Hallelujah!

I managed to fix the issue, by clicking on two pixels in the top-right corner of the door which wasn't transparent, the game registered this as the door (and not the character) and I was able to open the door!

Koniko

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 06:59:47 am »
Hallelujah!

I managed to fix the issue, by clicking on two pixels in the top-right corner of the door which wasn't transparent, the game registered this as the door (and not the character) and I was able to open the door!

Nice. You might wanna have a no wall bind or mod for situations like these. It helps to locate grids and usable scenery.