Password:

Topic: How do I....  (Read 2418 times)

MrFixitNC

• View Profile
How do I....
« on: February 02, 2017, 03:37:19 am »
How do I:

1) use the in game chat?
I've clicked everything I see, and see people chatting in game.... how?

2) expand the box to full screen?
I have this big screen, but the game is isolated to this little 8 inch by 8 inch box SURELY that is not the only option?

3) friggin survive.....
Look.... I played and beat fallout 1 and 2 several times. best games ever.
In this game.... I cant travel from city to city without being killed.
I'll run into a gang of mutants with friggin machine guns that open fire the instant I have control of the character and he dies before he gets two steps.... dogs... everything.
I know.... experience, build your character up, do missions. Kinda hard to do when every single time you get any item, you die with absolutely no chance to fight or run away.

Another thing.... part of the fun of fallout was always searching for items in abandoned or occupied buildings.
I have searched and searched..... NOTHING. all I can do is pick weeds, then die before I can sell them.

What's the deal? Is it because the game is online multiplay and there are no items left to find?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: How do I....
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:10 am »
1) Press Enter to open chat bar.

2) I don't know but i bet you find it before i would.

3) Switch to Real-Time and exit immediately all forced encounters until you're stronger. I never die, even when naked blue at level 1. I could get into 100 forced encounters with hostile mobs and survive 100 times at level 1 with no gear at all, because i run in RT mode and exit immediately.

Please read Guides on wiki.

Also try asking in Discord chat, for live answers (might be faster). Click Chat at top of this forum to enter it. Browser version works fine - no need to download the Discord app.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:48:10 am by Henry »

MrFixitNC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 03:46:53 am »
Awesome..... how do I switch to real time?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 03:49:06 am »
Use commands here.

Another thing.... part of the fun of fallout was always searching for items in abandoned or occupied buildings.
I have searched and searched..... NOTHING. all I can do is pick weeds, then die before I can sell them.

What's the deal? Is it because the game is online multiplay and there are no items left to find?

Devs have never added random items to random bookshelves. We do however have random lockers in city ruins, which are indeed loaded with loot and players have a lot of fun hunting these (need Lockpick skill, Light Step perk, some decent Doctor skill). If you mean though, about containers in towns (not random) then it's about preventing easy farming items from obvious places. It's harder than that find stuff, and most of us like this not being an "easy game".
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 03:54:58 am by Henry »

MrFixitNC

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2017, 03:59:55 am »
Thank you fro your time and answers by the way.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2017, 10:19:59 am »
How do I:

2) expand the box to full screen?
I have this big screen, but the game is isolated to this little 8 inch by 8 inch box SURELY that is not the only option?

What I do is... I got FOConfig.exe And set manually resolution into 10 pixels smaller than my screen resolution. I have 1920 1080 monitor so my setting is

Save and play ^.^

This way game is stretched on 25 inch monitor in window mode

MrFixitNC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2017, 03:56:43 am »
Awesome! Thanks Awgy.