April 20, 2024, 03:32:21 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Organisation for Encounter Battles  (Read 2626 times)

DIGGAA

• View Profile
Organisation for Encounter Battles
« on: January 17, 2017, 01:50:09 pm »
hey guys,

ive got an interesting idea to push battles in random encounters a bit (real time and turn based).
Most pvp is only in unguarded cities and real time but there are also guys who enjoy the turn based game mode(!) Here my Idea:

There is an organisation u can join with one of your characters (at this time nearly all players got more than one character anyway). Once youre a member of this organisation as soon as u take place in an encounter a red dot is shown on world map for everyone who is member of this organisation too. The name of the player whos in encounter should not be shown for keeping up the excitement but the game mode and the number of players.

So u move your mouse on that red dot and it says for example: Molerats, 1 Player, Turn-Based or Hub Patrol, 3 Players, Real Time

When "the owner of encounter" leaves map, the red dot disappears.

As soon as another player or group joins the encounter it is not possible to send a distress/radio signal anymore for all players and of course, the red dot disappears too. For making it possilbe to get fair battles, no coming back after dead, no clan stragglers.

Traveller can bring people who are not member of this organisation into encounter if hes leading on world map and sees the red dot.

Advantages:
PKs can focus on appearing red dots
All members of this organisation WANT to fight
You can choose your battle mode
less noob fights/beginner killing

dont know if i have every scenario considered its just an idea.

tell me your opinions
<3

General Devon Oliver

• Supporter
  • For Valor!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Organisation for Encounter Battles
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 02:27:59 pm »
Radios similar to but some of it sounds nice.
Merc For Hire, Universal Player

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2017, 03:13:40 pm »
I like the idea of there being a cut off point in TB encounters, i.e. so that people cannot use radios to continually bring their friends back after dying. Something along those lines should definitely be implemented.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 04:47:37 pm »
There are a number of suggestions to improve TB,  such as limiting how many people in the encounter at once, to shortening the turn time as more people join in.

I like the idea of all TB showing up as red circles always, with a limit of a 60 min encounter  (after that no one can enter).  Flares no longer work.

The only exception is players under level 10, who have noob protection (already coded in).  Can't be spotted.

You'd get alot of great short encounters

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2017, 11:25:46 pm »
More convenient than radio, but the Wasteland isn't Web 2.0.

This would be fun.

So, realism or fun?

killer1986chris

• May your death at my hands be painless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 02:21:05 am »
Because people running around hip firing miniguns is realistic...

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 04:38:52 am »
Because people running around hip firing miniguns is realistic...

But fun!

DIGGAA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2017, 07:57:01 am »
There are a number of suggestions to improve TB,  such as limiting how many people in the encounter at once, to shortening the turn time as more people join in.

I like the idea of all TB showing up as red circles always, with a limit of a 60 min encounter  (after that no one can enter).  Flares no longer work.

The only exception is players under level 10, who have noob protection (already coded in).  Can't be spotted.

You'd get alot of great short encounters

Encounter open for 60 min would be too long. Its about to get fair battles. There are a lot of guys who play alone or in twos. If encounter is open for 60 min and two guys want to fight the whole clan could join, come back after dying, call for friends - wouldnt change much. People who dont play in large groups or people who are not member of a faction are definitely disadvantaged in this game when it comes to pvp...

More convenient than radio, but the Wasteland isn't Web 2.0.

This would be fun.

So, realism or fun?

correct, realism or fun. With that organisation i mentioned u could combine the old working encounter system (realistic one) with a second fun based one for fair battles, even if u play alone.

Bison

• Supporter
  • (Retired First Generation Khan)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2017, 09:09:31 am »
I agree with the time cap, not sure if an hour is long enough, I would say at max two. People can't talk about what is fair and not especially when there's 5-7 guys already waiting in the encounter to terminate you on entry. That's why people go in with a vehicle because the spawns on particular maps are much better for the attacking force. If you think allowing a one time spawn is an acceptable and fair mode so that those originally in the encounter can just kill the entire team who spawns in one go and then call it victory it will just kill TB mode entirely.

Would you go in against 5-7 guys if you new the first time you died that would be the end? It takes time and patience to win a big TB encounter like that. I would suggest better spawn points so that you don't always spawn into the middle against an entire team already with turns but I think that would be extremely difficult.

Easiest option would be a time limit, maybe 2 hours for a encounter / radio use and the same for a Flare. After this time you wouldn't see the broadcast or red circle anymore. As for when you spawn in a car that's a whole different story..

It's often about will power for the attacking or defending teams, I like a TB battle like the next person I just don't enjoy sitting in them for more than two hours because the opposing team is to stubborn to give up or it's being trolled by a sneak / person hiding who has no real intention of fighting / winning.

You could implement that after a specific time "combat" is entirely disabled and those in the encounter can move, grab loot and take there cars out during turns. I quite frankly can recall many times that I have won a TB battle but had to step out and leave everything because someone's hiding or trolling. :)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 10:18:22 am by Bison »
For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 08:03:19 pm »
I don't see how this would help.  ??? Reloaded just isn't thriving as it once was. Before I was able to encounter players who wanted to fight on almost any part of the map, San fran, boneyard, that square ruin near BoS, near Reno, etc. Now its rare to encounter someone willing to fight and most are newbies I find  :D

Also doesn't an encounter with a player in it cover like the 3 zones above and adjacent to it? More than enough to find somebody.

Back in my day, when a player encountered another player with a faction who were both looking for a fight, they'd just radio in friends and eventually leading to a small TB fight. What was most fun there is that sometimes random players would enter the encounter, forming a free for all (Like 4vs3vs1). And I believe after a certain time, you won't be find that encounter or go back in with radio.

Now I'm not talking about these current "TB Fights" cause a flare trap isn't a TB fight, its just a giant cluster fuck near Hub. Seriously, out of all places why next to hub, that's literally the area where all the newbies are, and from a newbies perspective they don't know what it is so they go in. They go in and die but they see items on the ground so they'll keep coming back. TB Fights and Flare Traps aren't the same thing.

Reloaded is just at an all time low. Not many players and majority are newbies playing the game, I've rarely encountered players willing to fight. I'd prefer for it to stay random, suspenseful when looking for players, you never know if you encounter a huge group in encounter or a lone player.

And ATM, Turn Based needs fixing

Sequence
Spawns (which are just absurd atm)
That extra burst/shot for whoever shoots first.
Who's turn it is (currently guy in encounter can have 2 turns than someone who entered)

Mad Matt

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2017, 02:24:46 pm »
(...)

And ATM, Turn Based needs fixing

Sequence
Spawns (which are just absurd atm)
That extra burst/shot for whoever shoots first.
Who's turn it is (currently guy in encounter can have 2 turns than someone who entered)

This! Especially spawn points in random encounters.
GUN FOR HIRE