March 28, 2024, 10:58:16 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Proper premade builds  (Read 3771 times)

Lavicus

• View Profile
Proper premade builds
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:38:09 pm »
Hi,
I'm new to all things Fallout Online but I've been playing F1 and F2 since my teen years. I really want to make a solid character and plan for it's build on my first try so I don't waste time with a bunk character. I've read a lot of pages and posts but I'm still not really finding help with what I'm looking for as there are so many nuances to character building in this.

I want to have a crafter/slaver/money-maker and a pve/pvp character. After all I've read I'm still confused as to how to make a proper build for these two characters. It would be extremely helpful to me and I'm sure other noobs if one or more VERY EXPERIENCED(sorry I've seen so many disagreements from people on here about builds that I'd really prefer those who have plentiful experience post) players could post an exact build for each of these character types so I don't have to use nooby guesswork when I make my character.

Much appreciated friends!!!  Thank you!!!

Also, I've read a little about locker hunters. Is this fun? Is it a good way to make a living in the game compared to crafting or slave mining or other things I may not know about? Thanks!!

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
Re: Proper premade builds
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 06:34:25 pm »
I want to have a crafter/slaver/money-maker and a pve/pvp character. After all I've read I'm still confused as to how to make a proper build for these two characters.

Before we post builds, may i be so bold as to attempt to alter your perception on the matter? Just a little bit. For the mechanics, it's almost best to pretend this game has nothing to do with F1 or F2. It looks so similar but it's different enough that anyone trying this game with Fallout 2 expectations will climb a steeper learning curve.

In the old days on 2238, we used crafters. Now though, any character can be a crafter. With no level cap, and low requirements and Skill Books, there is no longer a need for a dedicated crafter.

I might be reading you wrongly, but it seems you want the following two characters: on the left, you want a money-maker. On the right, you want an all-purpose fighter. So...here's how most of us think of it:

On the left are a few support characters. They are PvE-class fighters who might be slavers, lockerhunters, cave explorers, Glow-divers, miners, junk collectors, farmers of Enclave and NCR Army and Bounty Hunters etc. These work best with high Carry Weight, and do not usually get implants.

And on the right are our extreme combat fighters meant for PvP like Town Control, the streets of New Reno, and/or Turn-Based player traps, etc. Most of these are Small Frame. These hopefully do get implants.

All of them use drugs, but the PvP fighters for sure. Notice all of them are fighters. Notice one is PvE and one is PvP - they are not mixed.

Any/all of these can be used to repeat the Gunrunners mutie-cave quest for piles and piles of Big Guns gear you sell on Barter runs. And Barter runs are easy with any fighter, especially after you read the 10 Barter books. Whichever of your characters repeats this quest, gets access to an advanced workbench - another reason why anyone is a crafter who wants to be.

So from here, do you want a build to start exploring, doing quests, get a car, build a private base, get some companions, do a little mining, craft some gear, do some Barter runs, make some caps, amass some drugs, explore some caves, open some lockers, find semi-rare items, solo the GR quest, meet people and find a team, and get some solid starting experience?

PS: I hate slave mining but other guys swear by it. And hunting lockers is good - you sometimes find a Vertibird so that's great.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 06:47:45 pm by Henry »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 07:32:07 pm »
If I were to make some hybrid build, I'd use this. Use it to farm, craft, locker hunt, cave hunt and other shit. However it does require skill books so you're gonna need to find those or I can give them to you if you want.

Should be using psycho, cigs, buffout and nuka, you can either pistol spam with 223 or burst with XL70E3 or P90, mainly Turn Based. You have first aid skill if you ever run out of stimpacks or something. You can probably fend off other players if you have XL if you were to encounter them due to your bonus range damage perks.

It doesn't require a lot of level so you'll be fine, assuming you won't want to grind up to level 70 which will take a while for a newbie.

Spoiler: show

I suggest don't bother making a PvP build for now, just gather your resources, craft, level, etc. till you finally have enough stuff to sustain a PvP character.

Rinzler

• Sarcasm mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 07:35:44 pm »
You should definitely take lockpick on your first character, the reason being locker hunting will be your best source of gear for a long time, you will get items from lockers you can't obtain any other way at yhe start and stuff you don't want which can be traded for stuff you do.
When you get angry please try to remember it is not really me you are angry with, my words have simply triggered your pre-existing anger and in doing so created a false reality where it’s all my fault.

Lavicus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 09:22:41 pm »
Wow you guys rock! This is just what I was looking for. I feel like I understand things much better now.
I like the sound of doing some locker hunting and loot runs, so I'll work on that and building up resources for a while before I get into pvp. I'll just get started learning the game and see what other PVE things appeal to me as I go. STALKER, thanks for the offer of the skill books. I'm sure that would be very helpful in starting out. How would we coordinate that? Thanks everybody!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 10:26:34 pm »
Join de fuggen Reloaded Discord. It's much better there to communicate.

http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=11505.0