March 29, 2024, 11:12:26 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Solo/PvE Activities in this game  (Read 3115 times)

DR7

• View Profile
Solo/PvE Activities in this game
« on: January 02, 2017, 07:26:39 am »
I just found this game, and i thinking of playing this mostly casual way, so anyone can tell me all PvE activities that i can doin this game?
I see Quests and Jobs section on wiki, but is there anything else i can do? I also found mine site near city. Can i maybe hire as caravan guard like in normal fallouts?
If anyone could tell one by one all this PvE stuff, it would be awesome :)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
Re: Solo/PvE Activities in this game
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2017, 07:34:47 am »
There are encounters as in previous fallouts, where you can kill NPCs, farm their gear, etc.

Then there caravans, you sign up for one and it'll go from that town to a certain town (NCR to Broken Hills for example). You get caps, XP, loot from kills etc. as long as the caravan master is alive.

There are also quest as you read already in the wiki.

Then there's dungeons, like Vault 15 where you can clear by yourselves or clear with friends. There's also lockers in Reno Commercial and Reno sewers where you can clear NPCs for a statted weapon or armor.

Glow, Warehouse, Ares Rocket Silo, and much more coming when server wipe happens. Most of these you can do solo why some will require a team effort.

You can also craft items if you're into that. Usually statted items will sell quick to PvP players.

Also you can farm footlockers, where each encounter in a city tile, has a possiblity of spawning a footlocker, sometimes surrounded by traps but it'll always be locked so getting maxed out lockpicks and traps skill would be necessary. They spawn decent stuff but Motion sensors are the most useful items.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:41:40 am by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

DR7

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2017, 08:00:51 am »
Also you can farm footlockers, where each encounter in a city tile, has a possiblity of spawning a footlocker, sometimes surrounded by traps but it'll always be locked so getting maxed out lockpicks and traps skill would be necessary. They spawn decent stuff but Motion sensors are the most useful items.

This is pretty cool, i like things like that, i mean exploring worlds. Is there something else like that, that requires exploring?

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »
You can use this list of some important activities as a reference, but the main PvE stuff for me is mainly:

The Gunrunners Mutant Cave Quest
This is repeatable, and you get a nice cache of big guns to sell (or use) each time. There is enough fun in this quest to justify leveling a few alts to do it more often (the timer is 6-8 hours). Plus you get 6 bonus items at the end, and semi-safe access to an advanced workbench for crafting good gear.

Barter Runs!
Gradually get rich by working sales all over the map. Semi-safe in guarded towns, but a thrilling chance for PvP in unguarded towns. Get those caps! Or lose all your inventory.

Exploring Random Caves
Can be boring, but can be deadly too, and you find rare items. (use an item highlighter). Fight 3 rats, or 7 large deathclaws, or a band of mercenaries. Bring Psycho and beer. Find alien blasters, bk robes, solar scorchers, enclave armor, etc.

Locker Hunting
Caps, gear, blueprints, cute items, even some resources. Broken legs from bear traps, sometimes funny NPC behavior, and sometimes PKs drop in to murder you. Maybe find a vertibird!

Mining and Crafting
Clicking on rocks for an hour can be boring, so a lot of guys spend 40k for a private mine and put slaves there. However, mining HQ can be fun for PvP if you have a proper HtH approach. And the resources are needed for crafting good gear (and xp). Use the bonus items you craft, and sell the standards on your barter runs. Save up caps to buy expensive implants. Buy cars, blueprints, and whatever items you don't have yet or don't want to craft (like drugs).

Companions
First it takes a while to find a perfect NPC companion (max Endurance and Agility), and then it takes a while to level them up, but you'll spend enough time on the map to find some Special Encounters. Bring them into some PvE fights and they die a lot but sometimes they really help.

Protect Your Base
Start a new alt, with Good Natured. Use him to get your own private base. Get his Speech to 130 or so (easy) and train up 3 NPC companions. Station them at your private base as guards. Then bring a friend there to test your security. Add your friend's character name to your terminal and set him as Enemy so your guards will attack. Find out how well they defend, and how well your friend does against them.

Ares Rocket Silo
Okay now here is a very tough place, but it's the most fun imo. It's surface level is perfect for early sniper training, and inside...well it's tougher there.

Experimental Builds
This is one thing this game is famous for, and will suck the time out of your life. There are many build ideas and combinations of perks, traits, skills, and methods. Start now and we'll see you in 3 years to hear your report.

More
Glow: chance for rare items including implants, with high probability for some PvP
Farming NPC groups like Enclave, Bounty Hunters, Unity Patrols, NCR Army, etc
Warehouse: chance for rare items including implants, with high probability for some PvP
New Reno Sewers: chance for rare items including implants, with high probability for some PvP
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 05:17:31 pm by Henry »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2017, 05:11:05 pm »

Barter Runs!
Gradually get rich by working sales all over the map. Semi-safe in guarded towns, but a thrilling chance for PvP in unguarded towns. Get those caps! Or lose all your inventory.

over 1 mil caps from barter runs in 2 days, and i did not encountered a single player in unguarded towns :/.
Only thing is not to go there while timer is on

Peace

DR7

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:54:26 am »
I have 2 questions now.

1. Is there any areas, where i can get better loot from footlockers? Or in every single ruins theres exactly the same chances for the same loot?
2. What can i find in Caves? Wiki pages seems very outdated.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

• S.🅱.A.W.N.E.A.S.T
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:29:10 am »
I have 2 questions now.

1. Is there any areas, where i can get better loot from footlockers? Or in every single ruins theres exactly the same chances for the same loot?
2. What can i find in Caves? Wiki pages seems very outdated.

Every ruin is the exact same loot. You can go reno, V15, or Glow for better items but it will be tougher, since there's a lot of player activity in either of those locations.

As for caves, you find random shit. Clothes to change your skin, weapons, ammo, armors, etc. It's all random. IMO it's not worth it + it's time consuming, more than locker hunting.

Endo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 08:30:24 am »
1. you need Treasure Hunter support perk to get better loot and footlocker is random 

2. stop in mountain tile

DR7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
Can someone point out some hard quests? I just do this with Super Mutants from Gun Runners, and it was super easy with big guns :D

Henry

• Wiki Administrator
  • Global Moderator
  • Gravity is just a theory. Try Density.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2017, 03:19:35 am »
Not quests exactly, but: Glow (easy), Warehouse, and New Reno Sewers for implants. Ares Rocket Silo for 5 maps full of supermutant death, with a very tough boss on level 4. Then there's the Robot Bunker SE with the implant - it has a boss robot with very high hit points.