Username:

Password:

Topic: traits  (Read 2527 times)

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
traits
« on: December 04, 2016, 08:16:26 pm »
Shake up traits next session. Make them totally different from previous sessions. I have no suggestions but would like to hear any from other players.
"If I'm going to die for a word, my word is pussy." - Animal Mother

Seki

• View Profile
Re: traits
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 08:24:26 pm »
I have no suggestions
in this case i suggest you to read this topic -> http://forum.fonline-reloaded.net/index.php?topic=9640.0  :)

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 09:46:42 pm »
I meant only that I would like to open discussion so everyone would input. But if you insist, off the top of my head. 1) Bloodthirsty- increased ap regen after kill.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 07:32:14 am »
For traits, bring back Mutate Perk as a support perk.

This could part of a research quest related to:

1. The ex-Enclave doctor in NCR who wanted the player in FO2 to test a mutant cure. (It was fatal in FO2)

2. The Brain Rat's idea to use Vault City technology to cure the ghouls in Gecko.

3. Research by the Enclave doctor in Navarro. ( He tested FEV on Deathclaws in FO2 iirc)

4. Perhaps Doctor Fung.

5. Brotherhood of Steel- remember Vree's research from FO1? And the upgrades they could do in FO1 and at the SF base in FO2? They would have at least a military interest in manipulating mutation (probably as an anti-mutant weapon).

Data from the Glow and/or Mariposa may be required to complete the quest.
Maybe even combine data/blueprints from the 5 possible scenarios listed above.

Once available, the procedure would allow removal of traits, swapping of traits, or even extra (3+) traits.

Adding extra traits would be sort of like implants, but each with a disadvantage just like regular traits.

There could be multiple paths available for making this available instead of just one.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2016, 05:41:41 pm »
Excellent. Why not be able to get a few more perks? Plus you've made it make sense in context.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 05:43:24 pm by Ultred »

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2016, 07:15:36 pm »

1. The ex-Enclave doctor in NCR who wanted the player in FO2 to test a mutant cure. (It was fatal in FO2)

2. The Brain Rat's idea to use Vault City technology to cure the ghouls in Gecko.

3. Research by the Enclave doctor in Navarro. ( He tested FEV on Deathclaws in FO2 iirc)

4. Perhaps Doctor Fung.

5. Brotherhood of Steel- remember Vree's research from FO1? And the upgrades they could do in FO1 and at the SF base in FO2? They would have at least a military interest in manipulating mutation (probably as an anti-mutant weapon).

Once available, the procedure would allow removal of traits, swapping of traits, or even extra (3+) traits.

Adding extra traits would be sort of like implants, but each with a disadvantage just like regular traits.

There could be multiple paths available for making this available instead of just one.

You do know that ReRoll cost only 10k caps, so changing trait is as expensive as doing 3 caravans and bam rerolled char. there is only 3 PvP Useful traits anyways.

Problem is, anything like this makes people that play this game a lot, find a way to exploit the living hell out of a feature. Traits and perks limit are good as they are, and I do not see a reason to change anything here. Better to focus on new content so game will be more entertaining, that overcomplicating things that work as they should work.

swinglinered

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2016, 08:12:27 pm »

4. Perhaps Doctor Fung.

You do know that ReRoll cost only 10k caps, so changing trait is as expensive as doing 3 caravans and bam rerolled char. there is only 3 PvP Useful traits anyways.

Problem is, anything like this makes people that play this game a lot, find a way to exploit the living hell out of a feature. Traits and perks limit are good as they are, and I do not see a reason to change anything here. Better to focus on new content so game will be more entertaining, that overcomplicating things that work as they should work.

I see your point. I was thinking from more of an RP angle.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2016, 10:44:27 pm »
Problem is, anything like this makes people that play this game a lot, find a way to exploit the living hell out of a feature.
This will happen no matter what and shouldn't be used as the excuse not to. PVP will exploit every possible means to win, in some cases even to the point of cheating simply to get that edge. For PVE this would make the game more enjoyable. I'm not sure how would be change for RP.

Ultred

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 02:51:38 pm »
This.

But lower ap regeneration. and add some poison resistance too.