April 19, 2024, 09:52:14 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Playing the game using Mobile Data  (Read 2033 times)

Akenaton

• View Profile
Playing the game using Mobile Data
« on: November 24, 2016, 06:53:16 pm »
has anyone ever tried playing the  game using 3g or 4g data?
A friend of mine tested games like age of empires, counter strike and the good old Mu and it seemed to work fairly good.
if so can you tell me how much is the data consuption per min/hour and if its playable.
thanks!

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
Re: Playing the game using Mobile Data
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2016, 07:07:28 pm »
I have played alot of fonline via mobile data; in the car or on the jobsite.  Truth be told I never really had problems; once in awhile it would be laggy, but it was always manageable.

Would I recommend participate in highly competitive TC/PVP?  absolutely not; especially because you are always at the mercy of a "phone call" dumping your connection. But it's otherwise totally playable.  TB recommended for combat ;)

As for data, I found the consumption wasn't much.  A typical day of data for me running my work portal through my phone was 1gb.  As I recall FOnline was less than 10% of that, so for a day 100mb maybe?; but I never really sat down and scienced that out, so take it with a grain of salt.

Akenaton

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 07:10:57 pm »
I have played alot of fonline via mobile data; in the car or on the jobsite.  Truth be told I never really had problems; once in awhile it would be laggy, but it was always manageable.

Would I recommend participate in highly competitive TC/PVP?  absolutely not; especially because you are always at the mercy of a "phone call" dumping your connection. But it's otherwise totally playable.  TB recommended for combat ;)

As for data, I found the consumption wasn't much.  A typical day of data for me running my work portal through my phone was 1gb.  As I recall FOnline was less than 10% of that, so for a day 100mb maybe?; but I never really sat down and scienced that out, so take it with a grain of salt.
amazing! and that was 3g or 4g?

Gargantua

• Supporter
  • Raiding since 00
    • View Profile
    • Khanscentral
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2016, 07:17:19 pm »
It's LTE, which from what i am reading online is essentially 4G.

Akenaton

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2016, 07:26:40 pm »
yep ltd is 4th gen.  as HSDA (or something like that) is 3rd gen.
thanks a lot for your time!

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2016, 07:40:55 pm »
i played with mobile data a lot too, if you just want to pve you can even play with an edge connection, but in pvp combat it can get a lil problematic.

and for the data, an hour of hub idling consumes around 4 million bytes, which is like 4mbs, so you don't really need to care about data consuming rate. you can check the data consumed anytime at the f1 info screen as well.

Awgy

• Supporter
  • Because of the reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 07:55:57 pm »
It does work well on 4g, but H+ is usually a bit laggy in RT fights. I just keep my hone I use as a router up high to get good signal ad it is smooth.

Hungry Hungry Shark

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 04:42:39 pm »
ive played from a mobile phone wifi hotspot for the longest time and it works well. Games like fps I would get terrible ping but on fonline it would be good

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 01:03:40 pm »
worked nicely until i ran out of data, i used to get 100-150 good ping back home and with hotspot 150-300 so not bad for usa