March 29, 2024, 12:50:07 am
Username:

Password:

Topic: Critical chance modifier explanation  (Read 2091 times)

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
Critical chance modifier explanation
« on: November 22, 2016, 10:48:44 pm »
Hello I want to know exactly how is working critical chance modifier.

If for example I have 15 crit chance and enemy target is wearing an armor with -10 critical chance mod like combat armor.

Does it means that I ll have 5 percent chance to crit on him ? Like the critical chance modifier just substract from your final critical chance ( after adding your perks, luck,aiming part, weapon bonus blabla).

If yes, what is happening with a guy that have 6 critical chance and burst another guy in combat armor that have -10 critical modifier. Does it means that this time the guy bursting will NEVER be able to crit on him because his crit chance was reduced to 0 percents ?
So to be able to actually have a chance to crit on someone you would need to have higher critical chance than his -critical chance modifier ?

Thanks for your answers and reply only if you can bring proofs of what you re saying please.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 10:51:31 pm by NarrowMinded »

Seki

• View Profile
Re: Critical chance modifier explanation
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 10:57:49 pm »
If for example I have 15 crit chance and enemy target is wearing an armor with -10 critical chance mod like combat armor.

Does it means that I ll have 5 percent chance to crit on him ? Like the critical chance modifier just substract from your final critical chance ( after adding your perks, luck,aiming part, weapon bonus blabla).
yes its substracting so 15 base crit chance - 10 crit mod = 5% to crit + other bonuses

If yes, what is happening with a guy that have 6 critical chance and burst another guy in combat armor that have -10 critical modifier. Does it means that this time the guy bursting will NEVER be able to crit on him because his crit chance was reduced to 0 percents ?
So to be able to actually have a chance to crit on someone you would need to have higher critical chance than his -critical chance modifier ?.
no, you can still crit because of hidden crit chance bonus about which you can read in quote below
- Interestingly, everyone receives another "hidden" bonus chance to crit based on the results of their to-hit roll; a random number between 1 and 100 is subtracted from your to-hit value (your total hit chance after the formula on the wiki, clamped between 5 and 95). The difference between the random roll result and your to-hit is integer-divided by 10 then added to your critical chance. This means that a character with 1% chance to crit normally would in practice have anywhere between a 1% and 10% chance to cause a critical hit.

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2016, 09:14:25 pm »
Thank you for your answer Seki.

You are telling me about a bonus that adds an amount to my critical chance, I knew about this bonus...
Your final critical chance is made with bonuses that comes from different sources. Mojuk made a list of all the bonuses that adds to form your final critical chance.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
"Critical Chance = {
+ base critical chance of character
+ (hit chance - random(1, 100)) / 10
+ bonus for aim shots
+ crafting bonus to crit chance from weapon
- armor base crit chance mod
- armor crafting crit chance mod
}

*base critical chance of character
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Critical_Chance

* (hit chance - random(1, 100)) / 10
"hidden bonus" to crit chance, so if you have 95% chance to hit target than you should receive on average 4-5% crit chance bonus (it's rounded down after division)

*bonus for aim shots
http://www.fonline-reloaded.net/wiki/index.php?title=Aimed_Attack
As you can see this bonus is dependent on attackers LUCK
((max bonus value) * (60 + 4 * LK)) / 100

* crafting bonus to crit chance from weapon
value from range <0, 5>

*armor base crit chance mod
Here base crit chance mod of armor/helmet is modified by:
- Finesse
- Right Between the Eyes
- Hit the Gaps
(check wiki for more info about them)

*armor crafting crit chance mod
value from range <-5, 0>"
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Mojuk estimated that with 95 percents chance to hit it was between 4-5 percents( in average ofc) by the way.
You said that it can go up to +10 percents crit chance
But in the case of a character with 1 percents crit chance and an armor that have higher critical chance modifier than '1+10' percents chance modifier the question still remains. We know that with bonuses armors like CA can have more than 11 crit chance modifier. And refresh my memory please, what is critical chance mod of Power armor ? Would be interesting to know to laugh a little bit since Wiki is outdated about these questions (crit chance/roll mod).

Because maybe you were trying to explain me that when the bonus from hit chance makes your final crit chance superior to enemy crit mod you were able to. And when it was inferior you were not.

But it sounds strange for me in a game where the original developers of fallouts wanted to make luck/random an important factor that it is possible to never score a critical hit in some cases ( because it comes from role playing game).

So I repeat the same question, to be able to make a critical hit, do you need to have higher final critical chance than enemy critical chance modifier ?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2016, 09:16:36 pm by NarrowMinded »

NarrowMinded

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 09:52:19 pm »
The question still remains ! If you have ideas ( but you are not sure) about it PM me...

If you are 100 percents sure about what you are saying then post it here on the forum to share informations with the community.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 01:48:58 am by NarrowMinded »