April 18, 2024, 11:54:46 pm
Username:

Password:

Topic: Removal of pvp thread  (Read 11138 times)

SVEN

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Removal of pvp thread
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 01:57:57 pm »
Always going to be Forum PvP, even without a specific thread for it. Would rather have it contained to one thread than spreading throughout the rest of the forum even more than it has already.

That could happen, but if bans are given to people doing so, it would be fine.
Would require a lot of moderation and would make this forum really boring.
"So get this... -true story- my wife asked me about "Sven" today."
"How is he? Tell him to come to us and he can be my Swedish friend with Long blonde hair and muscles. He seems cuddly"

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2016, 02:24:42 pm »
Now the forum is almost not moderated at all. You can pretty much say anything, no one cares:

peut-être vous devriez juste vous tuer, vous perdez de la vie

"maybe you should just kill yourself, you lose some life" he said. It's broken, but the message is clear.

Even the profile name, which was made just for this post, is specificly aiming at me.
This is lvl 0 of moderation, not sure what happens if we reach negative value, moderators insult people on the forum and ban themselves?
Since this is the internet and not real life, anyone can just hide behind some freshly created forum account because a nickname and a random image is still not enough.
Also how is this not boring? What is the entertaining value of walls of "go kill yourself" posts?
Some people just feel über mastermind when creating a new forum acount to insult people, some do it because they got killed in pvp, whetever.
Most of this shit is pathetic.

The Trooper

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2016, 02:27:40 pm »
rip pforum  :'(

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2016, 11:04:18 am »
Now the forum is almost not moderated at all.

I see no reports in moderating section, so complaining about forum not being moderated is kinda strange.

emrebnk

• pfft
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2016, 11:27:53 am »
good riddance imo

people can argue about stuff, but forum pvp was nothing but a shit show

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2016, 03:39:57 pm »
good riddance imo

people can argue about stuff, but forum pvp was nothing but a shit show

Indeed

I see no reports in moderating section, so complaining about forum not being moderated is kinda strange.

Also what is the point in reporting a post from an account made for that very post?
It get's banned, the guy makes another one. Also I thaught "moderated" means you cannot post all the shit you want in the most used thread without anything happening. If you say people should report things, then I'll consider doing it. If crying is the only valid thing to do, if the cry thread IS the core of the forum, then here is my first tear.

lash

• Supporter
  • Remember the fallen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2016, 04:06:33 pm »
May I put in a word?

As I am one of the parties responsible for the closure of the Forum PvP thread, I think my input may be of interest.

Forum PvP is inherently shit; it is the domain of people who don't actually play the game (see: SVEN's posts, Mengelito's posts, FireFlare's posts). It was a humorous timekiller for those who couldn't log in to the game proper. Its closure will be mourned for days to come.

On the other hand, given the levels of low some people stooped to (impersonation, doxxing, etc) it was also allowing the worst of humanity a pedestal from which to sling shit at people.

I had enough of shit getting slung at me by people with less skill than Dende and enough age to be expected to behave civilly, so I struck back with videos and images. And it was funny, to me, as I slung shit right back at Khans while enjoying my morning newspaper. Watching Khans get their panties in a twist for once was pretty damn funny.

So. I'm of mixed feelings. I'm glad the shit slinging has come to an end on the forums. I will miss riling Mengelito and Donnie with images and farting in their general direction. But on the other hand some people (Hi, Necrosis) just can't stop being low-life douches.

(Whoever the fuck Evil KompreSor is decided to spam my youtube channel with dox. JFC, who cares that much?)

PrebaTHC

• khans are shit
  • khans are shit
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2016, 04:15:11 pm »
Lash, the only person more shit than khans is you. I dont aprove doxing and khans have done it before, but you are a cringeworthy moron who is responsible for shutting down my favourite online pastime. Go dig a hole and die in it pls
_________________00___________________...
________________0000__________________...
____0__________000000___________0_____...
____00_________000000___________0_____...
_____0000______000000__________00_____...
_____000000____0000000_____00000______...
__0_____0000000_000000_00000000___0___...

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2016, 04:21:56 pm »
It looks like you two can't stop posting shit, though, so here's a short break from posting.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2016, 04:50:25 pm »
It looks like you two can't stop posting shit, though, so here's a short break from posting.

:o Moderation?  :o

Kilgore has the swift learner perk IRL.

Kilgore

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2016, 04:54:34 pm »
I have to disappoint you, it has nothing to do with your posts. Actually, what I learned from your post is that you know very little about moderation/bans etc.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2016, 05:38:37 pm »
I don't indeed, that's why I started the sentence with "I thaught..."
I'm not much of a forum guy, and this is the only one I'm active on.
According to Barney this isn't the best place to learn about moderation.
I'm not disappointed, it's just that I don't understand how moderation works here.

...what I learned from your post is that you know very little about moderation/bans etc.

Tell me something I don't know already instead.

SVEN

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2016, 06:12:08 pm »
>bans forum pvp
>starts forum pvp
 ;D
"How is he? Tell him to come to us and he can be my Swedish friend with Long blonde hair and muscles. He seems cuddly"

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2016, 06:29:17 pm »
Not forum pvp:

What I said earlier

A bit more pvp:

Translation for SVEN:
U rigt kilgore me dunno moderazion so plz explain

SVEN

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2016, 07:19:33 pm »
I was talking to Kilgore, not you 8)