Username:

Password:

Topic: Tank Build  (Read 3636 times)

Sgt. Goose

• View Profile
Tank Build
« on: October 02, 2016, 05:11:12 pm »
Hey guys I'm gonna reroll into this build
Should I take Lifegiver+++ instead of Man of Steel?
Also BG or EW?

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
Re: Tank Build
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2016, 05:13:28 pm »
this build is fine, you need to have some doctor though

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2016, 05:22:55 pm »
-1 st  -1 lk   +2 pe
so you can have 7pe on drugs

100 doctor is must have, you can heal yourself with SS instead of FA but you cant heal cripple without doctor

Sgt. Goose

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 06:04:39 pm »
Does this look better?

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 06:11:40 pm »
it works

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:55:58 pm »
yes better
i would go 1 less ST and 1 more PE.. if you start with 9 PE you will have 6 on drugs which is not enough for maximum range of gatling
rest of build is good

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 06:28:54 pm »
MoS is not worth than 20 hp, you can take MoS for brof. that 20 hp a lot with adrenalin rush. also personally recommended medic perk on tank.

Troll

• Supporter
  • Trollmageddon soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2016, 08:09:54 am »
Medic requires at least 2 or 3 intelligence, which he cannot achieve on a non implanted tank. Also medic is a great perk, and so are quick recovery and quick pockets, imo underused.

KompreSor

• Cześć Przyjacwelu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2016, 11:51:39 am »
Medic requires at least 2 or 3 intelligence, which he cannot achieve on a non implanted tank. Also medic is a great perk, and so are quick recovery and quick pockets, imo underused.
lol, medic have lower requires than (useless for tank)bonus rate of fire, so easy to take on 1 int, quick pockets is perk for rocket luncher builds.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 11:57:42 am by KompreSor »

Seki

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 12:08:12 pm »
medic reduces your FA cooldown to 45, most of fights doesnt even last 45 seconds so you rarely get second FA.. also on this server you have no cooldown for super stimpaks so it kinda loses point so i would forget about medic, healing KO is nice but not worth of 1 perk
about MoS vs 3rd LG vs BROF
MoS is great perk for open TC for tank, i would even say must have.. whats point of having more HP and more resistance from AR if your resistance gets bypassed or you get knock out and then you die even if you are as much tanky as you want
BRoF vs 3rd LG is kinda hard option.. BROF helps for spamming grenades alot, if enemies doesnt focus you without brof you will barely deal any DPS and also without BROF if you shoot once you wont have enough AP remaining for healing
so thats why my personal preference is BROF+MOS, without 3rd LG

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 07:18:57 pm »
Yeah, doc over first aid any day of the week, relying on first aid in TC or PVP will get you killed because it can and does critically fail.

Also I agree with seki's assessment of MOS, and would add stonewall and a decent luck are a must have (stonewall for obvious reasons, but also luck, because armor bypass rolls are usually based off luck, your dr and dt will completely go to waste if you dump luck and get crit bursted for example.

If you don't have at least an average luck, MOS, Stonewall, 2x LG, Adren rush and even tougher you aren't really a proper tank.

Most will say 4 or 5 luck is more than enough, but if you think about it most "rolls" against luck are like a d10 that has to roll under your luck score, some of these rolls have -2 to your luck as well. My tank for example has 8 luck, you heard me 8, as even an extreme bypass crit only has a 40% chance to actually bypass my armor. Dump luck and you will be shredded by crits, you might as well not have tough, even tough and ad rush.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 07:28:19 pm by Blarney »

Leo

• Supporter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2016, 05:36:22 pm »
With an 8 luck tank you are blind. 4-5 luck with no mos is decent, with mos it does the same as your 8 luck. You'll get picked apart by the snipers with 56 view range.

Blarney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2016, 10:19:50 pm »
With an 8 luck tank you are blind. 4-5 luck with no mos is decent, with mos it does the same as your 8 luck. You'll get picked apart by the snipers with 56 view range.

Not with 8 PE you aren't. Well, in some cases, but that's a snipers job, you can't really do much about that with 40 range, except rely on your team, or run through the gap.

I know the argument you are making I have heard it a million times, but MOS doesnt protect you at all vs bypasses really, they may occur slightly less, but they can still occur, pretty frequently.

If you have 4 luck, and you get seriously bypassed at a luck roll -2 you stand almost no chance of stopping it (nothing except a higher luck will). If that is an avenger crit bypassing your armor, you will take 200+ damage at range easily. I just don't see the point in putting 3 perks into a tank build that will be bypassed a decent percentage of the time, you might as well make ad rush, toughness and even tougher, dps perks.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:21:45 pm by Blarney »